PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate covered potato chips

Urban Cowgirl
03-11-2004, 04:13 PM
Do you like these..I love them and the place I used to get them from closed!!!! Anyone know where I can get some?

DAVESBABYDOLL
03-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Never tried them,actually I have never heard of them. LOL

sounds acky...

nanajoanie
03-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Nope. Never heard of them but I bet you could make them. Take fresh potatoes and slice a tad thicker than a ruffle type chip. Make your own chips and then dip them in melted chocolate. Lay on wax paper to 'set'. Guess you know what my late night snack will be tonight:) Sounds yummy - salty chocolate:)

Angel~Chihuahua
03-11-2004, 04:17 PM
http://www.candycrnr.com/

http://www.store.yahoo.com/candydepot/choccovpotch.html?OVRAW=chocolate%20covered%20pota to%20chips&OVKEY=chip%20chocolate%20covered%20potato&OVMTC=standard these ones are expensive!

http://www.candywarehouse.com/chocpret25bo.html 3lb box of them!

http://www.brightideasunltd.com/item25183.ctlg

or make your own!
Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
RecipeView.com
Yield: 12 Servings Preparation Time:

8 Oz Sweet (or milk chocolate) 24 Thick sliced, ridged potato
finely, Chopped Chips

Melt 6 ounces of chocolate.Remove from heat.While chocolate is still
hot,mix the reamaining 2 ounces of chocolate into the melted chocolate,in 3
additions,stirring until each addition is completely melted before adding
the next. Dip the potato chips,1 at a time,in the chocolate.Coat completely
and lift with a small fork.Shake off excess chocolate by rapping the fork
on the edge of the bowl lightly.Remove any drips from the bottom by running
the fork across the edge of the bowl. Slide the chips onto a cookie sheet
lined with parchment or wax paper.Allow to cool until solid.Let chips sit
at room temperature or in the refrigerator.Makes two dozen chips about 12
servimgs

From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/gemini

Urban Cowgirl
03-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Got a bunch of my friends hooked on these too , and I can no longer fill their orders when I go on vacation...everyone used to put in a special request for them!!LOL

Nana let me know how your homemade ones come out...just make sure you salt the chips first.

nanajoanie
03-11-2004, 05:24 PM
jaynbobbi - I only use salted chips and when I make homemade ones, I can really load the salt on. Store bought chips just don't seem to have near enough salt on them. But thanks for the reminder:)

janelle
03-11-2004, 05:40 PM
They are called Scoops and I have a coupon for them so they better be at the grocery store.

Urban Cowgirl
03-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Are you sure your coupon is not for swoops? Thsoe aren't chips they are just in the shape of chips, but they are just chocolate

silvermist
03-11-2004, 06:14 PM
mm those really are good! I know because we homemake them at my workplace... hehe Before I used to think gross combo but it'sr eal good!

AngelGrim
03-11-2004, 06:24 PM
ewwww, my stomach is really queasy and the thought of this is making it worse, crawling out the thread and turning green:(

YankeeMary
03-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Sounds yummy I can't imagine anything that is coated in chocolate that I wouldn't like unless of course we are talking bugs....gross...I think I would even like chocolate cover greenbeans...lol...love that chocolate...

sharinbo
03-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Hehehe...one of my preggo cravings had me dipping potato chips into Nutella. YUMMMMMMY!

Bick'sMom
03-11-2004, 09:37 PM
I had some chocolate covered Ritz crackers one time. My aunt brought them to me after I had one of my kids. I was still in the hospital so maybe I still had some cravings from mixed up hormones or something but dang they were good. Then again maybe they were good just because I got ravenous after giving birth.....who knows, but they were good!

annie169
03-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Heck...I think they sound good!! I like chocolate covered pretzels that are salty...chips sound really good!! :D

ezmoney163
03-12-2004, 06:41 AM
They are soooo good. Unfortunately finding them around here is such a fiasco I only have them at Applefest which is in October. :( And then you have to pay around 75 cents a peice. :eek: And I have only found one vender there who makes them so I can not even shop for a discount price. LOL They are expensive but so good. Trust me it sounds yucky but once you have had them you will be telling everyone about them. LOL

Oh and Swoops they are just chocolate flavored candies. ( I personally will pass on them, Dh loves it but I think it is to weird to eat me candy bar like a chip. LOL And the Almond joy ones dont give you the Almond Joy satisfaction. LOL)

nanajoanie
03-12-2004, 08:43 AM
My tater/chocolate snack turned out fabulous last night. I did one very large Idaho tater, sliced, deep fried, drained on paper towel, salted, then dip in Hershey chocolate chips in my double boiler. Yummy! Sorry I didn't save any for everyone. I turned into a piggy:)

Tasha405
03-12-2004, 08:47 AM
I've never heard of them but it does sound good! :)

silvermist
03-12-2004, 07:56 PM
It's 1.60 at the place i work per quarter pound. I just got 2 bags today to satisfy my craving :-D