PDA

View Full Version : Now I understand why people DON'T get involved

babydoll_jen
03-11-2004, 03:26 PM
I can understand now why some people do not get involved with RAOK's. Check this auction out:
Link removed, DO NOT POST links to ebay (read the rules)...

Just look at this things she has purchased!!! I think her money could be better spent if she is in that dire of a neeed.

I know this has nothing to do with BBS, just stating I know why some people are leary now.

Jaxx
03-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Good Lord! :rolleyes:

laughsalot
03-11-2004, 03:39 PM
I believe that your quote says it all!! Maybe you should apply that to other people. Don't judge me until you've walked a few miles in my shoes...

DAVESBABYDOLL
03-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Maybe I need glasses,what did she purchase??

harloo
03-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Like I said before, if you don't want to give people RAOK then don't do it. If you are constantly worried about what they do with the item they get, or how much money they are spending then you did not really want to give it to them.

In what relation does the ebay seller have to do with RAOK on this board? I have seen many folks who ask for stuff on ebay, and someone is willing to give people a dollar if they ask and the person feels the need too.

I have seen some bizarre things on ebay, one lady selling a completed pregnancy test, one guy selling a certificate for 2 bucks each, another man selling his dirty gym socks(freaky if you asked me). And someone else selling homemade barbies.

My point is that just to keep those things to yourself if you cannot find it in your heart to give freely. It will save you a whole lot of heartache.:D

iluvmybaby
03-11-2004, 04:04 PM
For a clerical worker she sure cant type/spell:confused:

freeby4me
03-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Its amazing that shes willing to ask for money and RAOK's over the internet but not willing to go down and ask for foodstamps so her poor babies can have food in their mouths. That right there proves to me that shes just looking for easy hand-outs and doesnt NEED anything. JMO

hotdoglove
03-11-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm confused too!

Mami2Cute
03-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Not sure if this is the same brooklyn from another board, whom appeared out of no where with some GREAT Ready To Mails, and FREEBIE Coupons.. but when people was leary of her, the brooklyn I spoke of got defensive and left that board. Perhaps this is one and the same, trying to take more people for their money?

babymaniac
03-11-2004, 06:02 PM
Well , the good thing is this . Whether the lady is being honest about being needy or not ,those that give to her from the kindness of their hearts will be rewarded ten fold.:)

lassss
03-11-2004, 06:03 PM
awful nice background on that page for having no skills LOL

maggiemae
03-11-2004, 06:25 PM
go to her feedback then look at left for others
i see several people that have given money to her lol

laughsalot
03-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by babymaniac
Well , the good thing is this . Whether the lady is being honest about being needy or not ,those that give to her from the kindness of their hearts will be rewarded ten fold.:)

That is soooo true!!:D Thanks for posting that!:D

VALENA-)45
03-11-2004, 07:07 PM
WHAT DOES RAOK, STAND FOR???

Sweetberries
03-11-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by VALENA-)45
WHAT DOES RAOK, STAND FOR??? Random act of kindness

EgHunny
03-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Ummm.. Did I see a GE refrig, she just bought. And a washer and dryer? How did she pick them up? They were pick up only. Hmmm... That and couldnt she have used someof that money to buy a car, or food... JMO :rolleyes:

VALENA-)45
03-11-2004, 07:17 PM
@SWEETBERRIES, THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP. I SEE ALOT OF THINGS, THAT I DON'T KNOW THE WORDS TO.

babymaniac
03-11-2004, 07:38 PM
Mami2Cute,
I noticed from your signature that our sons were born the same day .
10-28-03

ezmoney163
03-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by hotdoglove
I'm confused too!

Don't feel bad I am too. :D

Urban Cowgirl
03-11-2004, 07:54 PM
is actually selling "good feedback". I don't think that its right, what if lots of people did that....a bad trader could end up with tons of good feedback and pull a major scam on someone. I don't think Ebay should allow it. Gee guess I'll start one for 50 cents I give you great feedback. BAH' I don't like it.

babymaniac
03-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Well, since I was already logged into my ebay account and being the nosey person that I am ,I just decided to use the "ask seller a question" feature.I asked if she could possibly give me a better understanding of her situation etc...I'll let y'all know if I get a reply.

Urban Cowgirl
03-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Member or Item being reported: strawberrywine69 100

Message: I truly feel that this seller is essentially selling "good feedback". I feel that this is unfair, if enough people did this type of thing, a really bad trader could potentially get some great feedback...and potentially defraud someone out of a lot of money. I feel to pretect the integrity Ebay these types of auctions should be pulled. item # 2993013043

I reported it!

babydoll_jen
03-11-2004, 08:07 PM
As I stated in my original thread, this was not about BBS. I have been reading about people and RAOK's and just thought I would post this as sort of a warning. My MAIN POINT WAS SHE IS ASKING FOR THIS MONEY NOW AND JUST PURCHASED THE ITEMS DAYS AGO. It has nothing to do with ROAK'S. AND MY SIGGY DOES SAY IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never said anything bad about people on here and their RAOK's. Has anyone read where I have said that? GEESH!!!!!!

tsquared
03-11-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by babydoll_jen
As I stated in my original thread, this was not about BBS. I have been reading about people and RAOK's and just thought I would post this as sort of a warning. My MAIN POINT WAS SHE IS ASKING FOR THIS MONEY NOW AND JUST PURCHASED THE ITEMS DAYS AGO. It has nothing to do with ROAK'S. AND MY SIGGY DOES SAY IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never said anything bad about people on here and their RAOK's. Has anyone read where I have said that? GEESH!!!!!!

I like your siggy....very well put.......so often misunderstood by so many!!

laughsalot
03-11-2004, 08:38 PM
I in no way meant to upset you or tick you off. If I have then I am SORRY. All I was trying to say is that we dont know what her situation is, so I cant judge her by her purchases. If she is in fact that bad off then maybe this is the only way she feels that she can get help. A lot of times RAOKs are done to help people and we can never know how they will turn out. Just remember that if you contribute to one then you know for yourself that you did what you felt was right. On the other hand if you decide not to be involved in one then you are doing what is right for you.

I also noticed that it was a Test auction, what does that mean?

Sweetberries
03-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by VALENA-)45
@SWEETBERRIES, THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP. I SEE ALOT OF THINGS, THAT I DON'T KNOW THE WORDS TO. your welcome :) I 'll try to answer any questions you might have.

babymaniac
03-11-2004, 10:05 PM
I got a reply from Brooklyn !!!!
Well, OK i guess that is fair enough, I hope you have time to read a book. First off i would not ask for money if i had a car or lived on a bus line so i could find a job.Second,i share that ebay account with my parents, as my parents are not very computer literate.Third,i had something like 2 grand in my bank account until recently, you see about 2 months or so ago,mabey not that long (somewhere pretty close though) my house was broken into and some of our things were stolen including a couple of PC's with lots of personal info stored on them. We made a report and nothing ever came of it. next thing we knew, about 2 weeks ago now, things started bouncing at my bank and things were getting shut off and I was getting call about debts I knew nothing about. Turns out, whoever stole our old PCs, got into our bank accounts and cleaned them out-COMPLETLY.Now i don't know what you would have done, but all this happening along with my ex being nowhere to be found to help with child support, as i do have other bills as well to deal with also(thos checks bounced cause of this) i did what i thought would do any good, i was desperate and I still am. To top it all off, they even cleaned out the savings account I had for my kids college funds and their insurance premiums. I am wiped out because of this, and I am sorry it is hard to beleive,but believe you me, no one is more sorry than me for having to ask, and I am sorry if it is hard to beleive.I saved all that money and I pay my bills and when I work I am a very hard worker, I don't like ANYTHING just handed to me. Well, that is pretty much the story, take it how ever you like, I just know I am at the end of my rope, and its not looking any better, but hey, thanks for asking!
Have a Good Day!
Brooklyn

Jaxx
03-11-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by freeby4me
Its amazing that shes willing to ask for money and RAOK's over the internet but not willing to go down and ask for foodstamps so her poor babies can have food in their mouths. That right there proves to me that shes just looking for easy hand-outs and doesnt NEED anything. JMO

I agree 100% i think she is a scammer - JMO

hotwheelstx
03-12-2004, 07:16 AM
What about her parents helping her out??

Going to AFDC?

Foodstamps?

Welfare?

Social Security-hardship case???

Local Church?

Salvation Army?

Goodwill?

District Attorney's office (file to find her husband)????

None of these would cost her a dime.

Just some other options she has available to her. Smells really fishy if you ask me.....If it is a scam remember what goes around comes around eventually.

MrsSpeed
03-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by laughsalot
I also noticed that it was a Test auction, what does that mean?

No it's a real "auction" if you want to call it that. If you look at her feedback and check the auctions, this isn't the first time she's done this. :rolleyes:

guesswho!
03-12-2004, 08:48 AM
I have nothing against helping thsoe truly in need...it's just getting sooooo hard to tell who is truly in need! The internet makes it much easier for scammers.

Personally, I'd ask to see the police rpts., or whatever rpt.she says she filed on the theft from her home. She might say she didn't file, her parents did, but I'd like to see a copy then consider helping. Also more proof that bank accts.,etc were broken into..not sure where to get proof of that...

What's sad is if u have limited resources & accidentally help a scammer, then there's none left to help those who're TRULY in need. For this reason, I try to get as much info as poss b/f handing out help.

buttrfli
03-12-2004, 09:10 AM
My heart feels sorry for her.... my gut says "RUN"!!

I might feel a little better if she were to put items on ebay to sell because she needed the money. I also wonder why she didn't post the above story in the auction?

If shes honest, I hope things get better for her and she gets things straightened out, but something just isn't right about the story. Mostly because all banks are insured, so they would have been able to replace her money and all she had to do was produce a police report to them.

Mami2Cute
03-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Valena, RAOK- Randon Act of Kindness... and very well said. Those who do give out the dollar will have done a good thing. Still sickening to see others ask for money- while many of us are going to cash in coins to get what we need/want

Tasha405
03-12-2004, 12:54 PM
So, Umm, Will everyone here send me a dollar?? LOL j/k :p

I think she's just trying to see how much she can get from people.

freeby4me
03-12-2004, 02:11 PM
If her bank accounts were "broken into" then how did she purchase the appliances? HMMMMM......:rolleyes:

Willow
03-12-2004, 04:10 PM
I emailed her and asked her to give some more information on her situation and these are the two emails I received......

Hello,Well i do get alot of Questions like this,but where to start?First off understand i would not be asking for money if i had a car to look for a job,and i do not live on a bus line.I have graduated high school,and have had some college.I take resposibility for my action but because of a very abusive ex husband,i was unable to finish school.The present situation is that my ex is nowhere to be found to help with child support,and i have exhausted all avenues to try to get help with( no luck) for that.About a month or so ago,my house was broken into and some things were taken along with a couple of old pcs.I did not know it then,but about 2 weeks ago i started finding out all that must have stemmed from that robbery,they have cleaned out my bank account,and all of my childrens college funds up to this point that i had saved.Because of this all the checks i have wrote for my bills and what not are bouncing,causing me to lose my utilities,and now possibly even me being behind in my house note.So not only do i have to find a way to get the money saved back up,i have bank fees to pay and return fees to pay and still pay to get utilities back on and still pay my bills.So in all do you see why i ahve become so desperate?

Please let me know
Brooklyn

This is the second one she sent after I replied to the first one...

well i figured as much,you judge before you know anything about me,first i cannot prove it was stolen because i didnt report a theft of any kind untill i noticed the problems.second my parents helped me out with that stuff,and third i will not go on welfare,besides how did you know my parents bought that stuff?
i never told you that

babymaniac
03-12-2004, 04:19 PM
Well,when she is asked for further datails she gets really pissy.That alone tells me she is most probably a scammer.

freeby4me
03-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Why is she so un-willing to go on "welfare"? She cant possibly be worried about what people will think of her sense she's airing her dirty laundry all over the internet. I just wish the scammers were as easily detectable as her. Most are much more suave at it. :( sad.

Willow
03-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Well I was wondering that too if she is getting her utilities shut off and is worried about being late on her house note. I mean if you have hungry kids to feed you have to put aside you pride. Begging people for money on ebay isn't any better than being on welfare in my opinion but if that's what she wants to do more power to her. I just feel bad for the one's that get deceived by her. I also thought she can be pretty pissy for someone who is asking for a handout. She gets very defensive. lol

jaimethepooh
03-12-2004, 05:00 PM
ROFLMAO@patch
i can't wait to see the next email she sends you

Willow
03-12-2004, 05:13 PM
I keep checking to see if she has replied back or not. lol

advocate
03-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Why wouldnt you report your house being broken into? They only took the old pc's and nothing of value? I dont see how that would help them get into her bank accounts, I dont know about the rest of you but the websites for my bank accounts dont have the ability to save passwords and even if it did, you could only use bill pay or transfer money between your accounts. If there was fraud, the bank would credit her the money back until they investigate, and if it was found to be fraud she wouldnt be liable, of course they arent going to believe you if you dont file a police report. Thats the first thing you need for any insurance claim.

ezmoney163
03-12-2004, 05:57 PM
I found more auctions like this one!!!! but I can not find this particular one, did they delete it??

I actually found one where a girl is selling herself for $50. But she says she can maybe help you out after she gets her forensic defreee:confused:

iluvmybaby
03-12-2004, 07:11 PM
:confused: I guess I have become so cynical, w/out seeing a police report I wouldnt be sending a dime, I have gotten burned multiple times, the latest coming the hardest, despite the fact that it was such a small amount of $. Good luck to her children if this is a real situation, no child should go hungry, I would beg and borrow for my child, welfare isnt a sin, its a way to get help when you need it, when I was having so many health problems and my soon to be ex and I lived in our apartment ((before we lost it, for $ reasons)) I got Food Stamps and help paying my light bill from the local samaritans place.

karefree
03-13-2004, 07:24 AM
If we don't give freely then we should not give at all. JMHO

Linus1223
03-13-2004, 09:44 AM
ITA w/ karefree. If you don't want to give, then leave the poor women alone and quit asking her questions.

CatrinaF25
03-15-2004, 03:52 AM
I guess it was a week ago when I used bin and gave her a Dollar. (before I read this post) and to be honest i would of gave her a dollar after reading this post. why? WEll because I give when I can and I dont ask ? about it. It was a Dollar. 100 pennies. I slept good at night knowing i MAY of helped someone. Either way I did something good =) It is the WHAT if the person DOES need help that keeps me giving. I figure if the person is making the post they are on ebay then something is wrong in their life. Either way my Dollar may of helped someone , thats all I care about. Matter of fact I bid and won 4 of them kinda auctions this last week. It sure made me feel good. If they didnt need the money.well I am only out a dollar but i sure did sleep good at night . To me that is worth my Dollar =o) IF she is "scamming" someone Shame on her. If not SHame on everyone whom assumed. Do not give with out knowing it maybe to someone who dont need something.. I think the dollar buys us a warm part in our heart. Well worth it to me. Just Remember when you are giving Is a smile worth a Dollar? I dont think ppl should give anything at all if they are going to Question it at the end of the night.

Linus1223
03-15-2004, 06:27 AM
Good for you, Catrina, for not badgering the poor women. If you're not going to give without question, then you should not give.