PDA

View Full Version : need help

xsweetestx
03-11-2004, 08:49 AM
Im a foster home and raising my 3 grandsons which 2 of them are concidered foster and that is where the problem is..The father of the baby is a registered sex offender and wants the baby..Plus he is an alcoholic but cause he is sober for 6 mths it makes it righ in the states eyes..I need to know can he get custody of this baby if my daughter dont? I cant afford to hire a lawyer and the lawyer the state got for the baby is no good so I cant get any answers..Both of them really need to lose there rights but it doesnt look that way..SO if anyone can help me with this it would be great..I have heard since he is a RSO he cant get him but with Michigan laws its scarey..Thanks

schsa
03-11-2004, 11:20 AM
I can't imagine any state allowing a sex offender to take a child. See if you can't get a free consultation or see if your state has lawyers that work Pro Bono who would at least advise you.

hotdoglove
03-11-2004, 04:03 PM
I really hope he can't get the baby! Please take schsa's advice and see somebody about it (pro bono)

cinnamonch
03-11-2004, 05:17 PM
see if your area has a child advocacy group that works pro bono on behalf of children in the court system. Also contact some of the sex abuse groups in the area (start with some of the women's shelters), United Way, etc and see what they can tell you.

DAVESBABYDOLL
03-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by cinnamonch
see if your area has a child advocacy group that works pro bono on behalf of children in the court system. Also contact some of the sex abuse groups in the area (start with some of the women's shelters), United Way, etc and see what they can tell you.

THIS IS GOOD ADVICE!!!

BEST OF LUCK.I'LL SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU :)

twinkiesmom
03-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Has this story gone public? I'm in MI, and I'm not sure where u are, but I thought I saw something on my local news maybe 2 wks ago on this, but I'm not sure.

justinenycole26
03-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Look in your phone book for CASA. They are child advocates, their motto or whatever you call it is "A child's voice in court"

This is exactly the kind of situations they deal with.

VALENA-)45
03-11-2004, 07:27 PM
I DON'T THINK HE CAN GET THAT CHILD, CAUSE HE IS A RSO. RSO, AREN'
T ALLOWED TO HAVE CHILD WITH THEM. GO TO THE RSO SITE AND LOOK UP THE LAWS IN THERE. IF, YOU STILL CAN NOT GET HELP FROM ANY OF THE AGENCIES, THE HELPERS ON HERE ARE TELLING YOU ABOUT. COME BACK HERE AND POST IT AND I WILL SEE IF I CAN FIND SOMETHING, TO HELP YOU. ALSO CALL FAMILY COURT, SEE IF THEY CAN HELP YOU. CALL CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES, AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU. GOOD LUCK.

tigerskiss1963
03-11-2004, 07:50 PM
i have never heard of a sex offender getting custudy of children
plus he drinks the state better not even think about giving him the kids

Damnifiknw
03-11-2004, 09:58 PM
You have never heard of sex offenders gaining custody of their own children? It happens everyday...They hand the children who are abused (beaten) over to their parents. So, the parents can beat, kill the children. This is no different...

I would fight like hell to keep the baby away from the father. There are several places you can seek help in making sure the child doesn't go to the father. If the judge has any sense, he/she will not give the father custody. You know there are a lot of judges who will. You know those sex offenders have rights. According to the laws.

Fight like hell to keep that baby safe. You know what the sick SOB will do to the child if he gains custody. Best thing for the father is for someone to put him out of his misery.

JWWB2000
03-12-2004, 06:05 AM
In this day and time it seems as if the criminals have more rights than those who are innocent. It really is a sad situation if this were to happen but I would have to agree with all of the other posters with contacting all of the mentioned agencies. There is surely someone out there that will help this child out. My prayers are with you during this horrible time.

xsweetestx
03-12-2004, 07:03 AM
Thanks for all the info..I will be on the phone today checking more into this..I was just at a dead end and didnt know where to turn..Not getting to many answers here...Thanks again and will keep you posted..We go to court April 8th...Also it wasnt on TV only cause he is a Foster Grandchild but if he wasnt I would take this right to the media..Thanks Again Everyone