PDA

View Full Version : Tv/VCR combo??

Army-Mom
03-08-2004, 10:39 AM
I want to buy a tv/vcr combo for the bedroom and was just wondering if anyone has one and if so what do they think of it, my brother told me last night that one of his friends bought one and the vcr part went out in 6 months..thank you in advance
Marcia

freeby4me
03-08-2004, 10:41 AM
My grandmother has one for her bedroom and its at least a couple years old. She uses it prolly 3 times a week for recording shows. Not a problem yet.

ezmoney163
03-08-2004, 10:45 AM
My DD got one for Christmas, she seems to like it!!! And really they are fairly cheap concidering you get both the TV and VCR. Try epinions.com on brands, maybe it will tell you what you need to know.

justme23
03-08-2004, 11:21 AM
My aunt has one in every room in her house except the living room... they've never had any problems out of them... but my hubby refuses to buy them ... he says if one breaks you lose both while it's getting repaired... altho, now days, if the TV goes out it's almost cheaper just to replace it.

Oh, wanted to add one thing... alot of DVD players have internal protection to keep you from recording movies on the VCR, so some of them will cause you to have a fuzzy picture on the TV/VCR combos.

Unicornmom77
03-08-2004, 11:23 AM
We have 2 one I bought 3 yrs ago and it is still working just like the day I bought it, and one we bought in Febuary with our taxes. I love them because for me it is a space saver and the kids love them!

Eyore
03-08-2004, 12:04 PM
We had bought one for our daughter when she moved out of the house a few years ago. Hers didn't even last a year. My husband took it apart and tried to fix it but couldn't so we took it to a TV repair shop. To fix it would have cost more than it was worth. We asked if they couldn't somehow disconnect the vcr so she could still use the TV but the kind she had they couldn't. They said some you can do that and some you can't.
My husband got me one and it was hardly used. If anything the TV was used more. The VCR a few times. The vcr went on that as well. My husband took it apart and was able to disconnect the vcr from it so I have the TV on it just not the vcr.
I personally won't buy another one.

Gumball1960
03-08-2004, 12:11 PM
That's the same reason I won't buy a VCR/DVD combo. If one part conks out and it has to be repaired, you lose both. I have a DVD player and a VCR and have had to replace the VCR twice in the time I've had the DVD player. It may take up more room, but it's a lot less hassle this way.

Army-Mom
03-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Okay another question also, what is the brand name that you have bought of those that have these...wal-mart has one for under 100.00 and it is a 13" that is the one I would like to get.

Eyore
03-08-2004, 12:23 PM
well the ones the we had was a Zenith 13 inch I belive we had gotten it at Sears. That is the one that my daughter no longer has.
I have a Sylvania 8 inch but can only use the TV. Not sure where that was bought at.
Just so you know when the VCR goes or messes up it does effect the TV. And if the VCR goes and you don't want to get it fixed because it cost to much for repairs or you can't disconnect the VCR from it you loose the TV as well then.

Dolly<3
03-08-2004, 12:30 PM
I have a tv/vcr/dvd combo and it's never had a problem. But I use it for my dvds and vhs workout things, so it doesn't get used that often. :p

My friend got a dvd/vhs/tv and the dvd broke on it. I guess it just depends what brand/how much you use it/how you handle it/etc. Hopefully whatever you get will have a warranty.

fatesfaery
03-08-2004, 09:05 PM
We have 2. One is a 20"Samsung or Sanyo (its DD's and I can't remember what brand it is) and the other is a 27"Panasonic. Both are over 2 years old and we've never had any problems with either.