PDA

View Full Version : Theres a creature in my house

mesue
03-05-2004, 10:15 AM
There is a lot of noise coming from the closet that houses the electric fuse box, scratching and maybe wings flapping I'm not sure. That closet is open to the attic and I know something is caught there but I'm afraid to open the door, hubby is gone for the day I'm afraid it might be a bat, I haave no idea how to catch it or a bird before they beat themselves to death trying to get out of here. I want to help it but I think for now it might be safer to leave it there in a closed space so that it does not hurt itself. Any suggestions?

monii222
03-05-2004, 10:22 AM
I would just leave it there until you dh came home.

catssass
03-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Just leave it there for hubby....that's why we married them...LOL:D

nanajoanie
03-05-2004, 10:56 AM
I'd wait for hubby too. Once we had a cardinal fly into the living room. Haven't a clue how. It was so panicked it perched on my whatnot shelves and broke 2 figurines. Hubby caught it with a fishing net. When my parents had bats in the house, Dad and my brother got them with tennis rackets.

whirlygirl
03-05-2004, 10:56 AM
A bat would have probably settled down and gone to sleep by now (at least that's what they would do when they got in my house many years ago!) so I'm guessing it's a bird. I agree to leave it for hubby, but if you do feel brave, make sure you darken the room(s) where it would need to go through to get out and have the exit (the open door or window) the only light source. It should fly towards it and leave safely.

Or I could send over my cat who took care of a mis-guided little bird who happened to find it's way in last summer.:p

mesue
03-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Update! It was a starling, very beautiful bird. It had gotten in the attic and then down through the closet which is open to the closet and when we opened the door it flew straight into the LR window, hubby caught it in a towel and let it out the kitchen window, it looked like it was ok.

hotdoglove
03-05-2004, 02:56 PM
glad to hear that you guys got rid of it!!!!!!

AngelGrim
03-05-2004, 03:09 PM
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO So glad you got it out safely:)