PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen Presidents Bush's ads?

mwbahl
03-04-2004, 04:46 PM
If so what do you think about it? I am not sure what I think. Just wondering what you guys thougth.

ShelleyG
03-04-2004, 06:20 PM
havent seen em yet but I will be on the look out

DBackFan
03-04-2004, 06:29 PM
He was in Bakersfield today and stopped at the school right across the street from where I work and shook hands with some kids...I have to admit it was so cool to actually SEE him! :)

mwbahl
03-04-2004, 07:54 PM
I saw one today and I am not sure how I feel about seeing pictures of 9-11.

Urban Cowgirl
03-04-2004, 08:09 PM
I felt they were very tasteful and not made to exploit the victims. I also think some people are sensitive over this because it makes them remember. I personally feel that we should always remember. The ads just give a little tug at my heart strings.
http://www.georgewbush.com/tvads/

tried to put the link in for those that have not viewed them yet.

Mystic32
03-04-2004, 08:51 PM
I agree! He was definitely not trying to exploit anyone with these ads. I don`t know if I would have chosen this route, but I really don`t have any problems with it. We should never forget. I think he`s just trying to make the point that he was there through it & knows where we need to go from here.

Jolie Rouge
03-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Bush-Cheney '04 Ad Scripts

www.georgewbush.com/News/Read.aspx?ID=2287

Bush-Cheney '04
"Lead"

President Bush: "One of the things that must never change is the entrepreneurial spirit of America. This country needs a President who clearly sees that. "

Laura Bush: "The strength, the focus, the characteristics that these times demand."

President Bush: "And as the economy grows, the job base grows and somebody who's looking for work will be more likely to find a job. I know exactly where I want to lead this country; I know what we need to do to make the world more free and more peaceful. I know what we need to do to make sure every person has a chance at realizing the American dream. I know what we need to do to continue economic growth so people can find work, to raise the standards at schools so children can learn, to fulfill the promise to America's seniors. Americans are hard working, decent, generous people. I'm optimistic about America because I believe in the people of America. "

President Bush: "I'm President Bush and I approve of this message. "

Bush-Cheney '04
TV: 30

"Safer, Stronger"

President Bush:
I'm George W. Bush and I approve this message.

Graphics:
January 2001: The challenge:
An economy in recession.
A stock market in decline.
A dot com boom....gone bust. Then...
A day of tragedy. A test for all Americans.
Today, America is turning the corner.
Rising to the challenge.
Safer, stronger.
President Bush. Steady leadership in times of change.

Bush-Cheney '04

"Safer, Stronger - Spanish"

President Bush:
Soy George W. Bush y aprobé este mensaje.

Graphics:
Enero del 2001: El Reto
Una economía en recesión.
La bolsa financiera en declive.
La bonanza de los punto com en bancarrota.
Y luego... un día trágico
Fue una prueba de nuestro valor.
Hoy, nuestro país se mueve hacia delante.
Estamos más seguros. Más fuertes.
Con el Presidente Bush.
Vamos por buen camino.

Bush-Cheney '04

"Tested"

President Bush:
I'm George W. Bush and I approve this message.

VO:
The last few years have tested America in many ways.
Some challenges we've seen before.
And some were like no others.
But America rose to the challenge.
What sees us through tough times?
Freedom, faith, families, and sacrifice.

President Bush. Steady leadership in times of change.

Jolie Rouge
03-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Bush-Cheney '04 Announces First Television Ads

www.georgewbush.com/News/Read.aspx?ID=2286

ARLINGTON, VA - Bush-Cheney '04 Campaign Manager Ken Mehlman today unveiled the campaign's first television ads which will begin airing across the nation tomorrow. The ads focus on President Bush's steady leadership and optimistic vision for the country during times of change.

"President Bush has provided the kind of steady leadership that the American people are looking for," Mehlman stated. "He has made this country more secure at home and abroad, and his pro-growth policies are helping to create jobs and strengthen the economic recovery. These ads share the President's optimism about America's direction."

The ads will begin airing tomorrow on national cable television and selected local affiliates including Spanish language stations.

nightrider127
03-05-2004, 06:10 AM
I don't think any politician should be running this type ad. We all remember what happened on that sad day, we need no reminders.

ladybugbhb
03-05-2004, 07:50 AM
i think they are fine. if i had my way, they would show them everyday. we don't ever need to forget.

Urban Cowgirl
03-05-2004, 08:18 AM
But he is not just any politician, he our president. And he led us through our darkest hours. Also I think some people have forgotten ...in a sense....I spoke to someone recently who couldn't even tell me what year it happened in! I think that is terrible.

Crick
03-05-2004, 08:34 AM
I love the Bush commercials with the dog trying to reveal the secrets of the Bush baked beans. He is just so adorable. :D

Urban Cowgirl
03-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Crick just a little off topic. LOL I love those commercials too!

Crick
03-05-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by jaynbobbi
Crick just a little off topic. LOL I love those commercials too!

Not really, my thoughts on Bush is he is way off topic but then that's just my opinion.

sahmsfreeb
03-05-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by ladybugbhb
i think they are fine. if i had my way, they would show them everyday. we don't ever need to forget.
i agree i am a new yorker... i watched in horror when it happened because i live on long island. i was trapped on long island and could not get to family that lived in nj and pa.
ther terrorist terroized me and my children. my son saw funeral after funeral in our town. my sons will never forget. their childhood was scarred. we NYers will never forget. we do not have that luxery out here. across america i am sure everyone wants to forget. we cant. we try but cant.

i suport GWB ads. they tell how we feel out here. everytime there is a low flying plane i get scared.

i personally dont want the world to forget what the terroist did to us. because it can happen again. anywhere in the world.

LuvBigRip
03-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by nightrider127
I don't think any politician should be running this type ad. We all remember what happened on that sad day, we need no reminders.

The sad thing is, I think we DO need reminders. The American public is known for their propensity towards short attention spans. We tend to live in the now, and neither look at the past, nor towards the future. Unless we are steadfast in our search for people who do us harm, history may be doomed to repeat itself.

I hear people saying we don't need this war
I say there's some things worth fighting for
What about our freedom and this piece of ground?
We didn't get to keep 'em by backing down
They say we don't realize the mess we're getting in
Before you start preaching
Let me ask you this my friend

CHORUS 1
Have you forgotten how it felt that day
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away?
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside
Going through a living hell
And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

They took all the footage off my T.V.
Said it's too disturbing for you and me
It'll just breed anger that's what the experts say
If it was up to me I'd show it every day
Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
After 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right

CHORUS 1
Have you forgotten how it felt that day
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away?
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside
Going through a living hell
And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

I've been there with the soldiers
Who've gone away to war
And you can bet they remember
Just what they're fighting for

CHORUS 2
Have you forgotten all the people killed?
Some went down like heroes in that Pennsylvania field
Have you forgotten about our Pentagon?
All the loved ones that we lost
And those left to carry on
Don't you tell me not to worry about Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

Have you forgotten?
Have you forgotten?

Darryl Worley/Wynn Varble, 2003

rlynn411
03-05-2004, 11:02 AM
I do not see these ads as exploiting anyone. But they serve as a reminder of that horrific day....a day that people won't forget and one we should never forget,but a day that changed us forever. And how we went about picking up the pieces.

I remember turning on the TV and sitting there in horror as that day unfolded, and thinking there was no way this could be happening...but sadly the reality was that it was. We as a nation faced something like never before. That day changed everything...and the after effects of that day are still with us today on many different levels. GWB was thrust in a situation that we had never faced before and hopefully never will again, with his leadership we started totake steps forward. Things are slowly changing for the better. I'm not always sure if I agree with each choice that was made, but at the same time we have nothing to compare these choices to. I also have to wonder if theres a change in leadership will we take a step back from the path were on, and leave us vulnerable to more attacks, and if all the lives we've lost that day and for those still fighting this battle will of served no purpose. I kind of looked as these ads and a reminder and a tribute to those we lost that day and the ones who are still fighting for our freedom.

This is only my opinion of the politcal ads.....and I respect any and all opinions of others that may feel the same and of those who feel totally opposite.

mesue
03-05-2004, 11:24 AM
You know I don't think anyone who was alive and aware during that time could possibly forget, but as much as many people here are not bothered by this the family members and the people who were there working to save lives and also lost fellow workers are bothered by it, as traumatized as we were and still are of course these people most affected by this tragedy are the ones who are speaking out and voicing their concerns, some of you might feel differently about it if you felt in your heart that the biggest tragedy that can happen in ones life, the loss of a loved one was being used to promote anything or anyone. I have not seen the ads I'm sure they are as tastefully done as possible but the bottom line is that if those family members and rescue workers are bothered or offended by it then they should be removed in my opinion.

babydoll_jen
03-05-2004, 11:35 AM
So where have these ads been the past 2 years? So sad they come out with them now during an election year. Sure we need to be reminded but, the President has been here for almost 4 years now, what happened to the in-between years? Apparently, He and his administration forgot also.

nightrider127
03-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by jaynbobbi
But he is not just any politician, he our president. And he led us through our darkest hours. Also I think some people have forgotten ...in a sense....I spoke to someone recently who couldn't even tell me what year it happened in! I think that is terrible.

pol·i·ti·cian [ pòllə tísh’n ] (plural pol·i·ti·cians)

noun

1. somebody active in politics: somebody who is actively or professionally engaged in politics

2. government member: a member of a branch of government

He may not be just any politician but that is what he is. And that goes for all democrats, independents and republican candidates too.

Technologist
03-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by babydoll_jen
So where have these ads been the past 2 years? So sad they come out with them now during an election year.

That's why they are called campaign ads....:D

twinkiesmom
03-05-2004, 01:51 PM
I know if I was in his boots I wouldn't wanna p.o. anybody w/my ads. That could be a vote against him . . . . which is ok in my book. But my point is, even tho there is some tact to the ads, I think I would've chose something differently to represent a political ad. It's true - we shouldn't forget . . . . but it's funny how all of the sudden we need reminding on an election year.

Technologist
03-05-2004, 03:41 PM
I think it is justified and appropriate to be put into his campaign commercials:

1. It was an event unlike anything ever before seen.

2. I think his response (you can read that as leadership) was good... There could have been widespread panic, and there could have been additional attacks.

3. It reminds people why we are in Afghanistan, hunting for the person responsible for the act.

Sorry, I HAVE seen the commercials, and I feel they are tastefully done, and I understand them they way they were meant...