PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Janet Jackson: My Apology Was Edited

PrncsNYC
03-04-2004, 12:04 PM
For those so ready to lynch the woman:

Janet Jackson is fuming with TV bosses who re-edited her post Super Bowl apology - because they made it look like she had planned her shocking half-time show stunt. Jackson made a public apology following the fuss created by her "accidental" breast-baring antics at American football's big day on February 1. But now she regrets not making a live apology. She tells black magazine Ebony, "Sometimes they cut out that I said it was an accident. That's what the media does... I probably should have done it live, but there was so much going on at the time that I needed to just get it done." The pop superstar also harbors regrets about not attending the Grammy Awards to present an achievement honor to pal Luther Vandross. At the time, she was told the crooner's family didn't want her there, and she asked Patti LaBelle to take her place - but now she has learned Vandross initially insisted Jackson, and only Jackson, present him with his honor. She adds, "I'm now told that Luther said he didn't want to receive the Grammy unless I presented it to him, but I was told initially that his family thought it was better that I not present it to him. But that didn't come from his family."

www.imdb.com

Crick
03-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Dang liberal press always editing things to sale there news!;)

texasgander
03-04-2004, 02:06 PM
yeah....um....whatever, Janet...:rolleyes:

IMtightwad
03-04-2004, 02:59 PM
When you watch the video she says there was a change at the last minute and it went too far and she apologizes. She never said that it was planned to show her breast. I always thought that was weird. Then the news people said she admitted it and apologized. And I kept saying, no she didn't. Not that I believe it wasn't intentional; I just thought it was weird how they twisted her words and no one questioned it. Makes you think how much of are news is just what they want us to believe.