PDA

View Full Version : Super Shoppers....HELP!!!

girlwithsoul
03-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Okay.....I moved to a new place and I need new, comfy and contemporary furniture that won't break me and I need a new, skinny, stackable washer and dryer. Any suggestions on places to go that will also deliver it?

nanajoanie
03-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Sorry don't know places in TX. But here in NC folks come here with U-Haul trucks, buy stuff and still save tons of money. Most of the furniture factories are in NC.

magicwoman19
03-04-2004, 12:40 PM
all the rent to owe places are doing this thing were you can pay off your furnit. in 90 days and NOT pay any rental thing with it. Just how much it costs. That is how we got our new couch. Cause we couldn't afford it any other way. HTH

captorquewrench
03-04-2004, 01:25 PM
Rick's, on 45, between the loop & mattress mac's place. Rcik's doesn't rent, but you can finance it or they have layaway and a better selection & quality than aaron's or rent a center.

i just bought a king size BR suit there. Go tell Ronnie the McNeil's sent you.

They'll haggled with us too. LOL.

ikea's not bad, not great, but I don't think they deliver and they won't play "let's make a deal" either.

girlwithsoul
03-05-2004, 10:01 AM
Capt....you're the best, as always!!! I'm definitely gonna go try that place out. THANKS!!!

captorquewrench
03-05-2004, 11:03 AM
the price on the showroom floor for my BR suit was 2700, and of course that doesn't include mattresse.

They gave us the whole thing, including mattresses, with an extra nightstand for $2k.

The layaway is also itemized so that as we pay off each piece, we can take it instead of having to pay for it all first.

the delivery charge is $35, which is average around town.

NINK
03-05-2004, 01:15 PM
in houston they have "justified appliance" where you can get your washer and dryer and they will deliver but they may charge for it. there stuff is cheap like $100.00 for an appliance and it comes with a 3 year garentee.

don't buy naything at conn's, they do financing but they have poor buisiness practices and you basicaly sell your soul.

captorquewrench
03-05-2004, 01:39 PM
oh i didn't even see about the washer & dryer.

what the rent centers have is usually pretty good on appliances, but buying them myself, I usually bite the bullet and go with Sears. Lowes & the depot sell appliances too.

schsa
03-05-2004, 01:48 PM
Why not just drive around and check out yard sales. People start to move for the summer and you can pick up all of this used for cheap. I have seen people selling Maytag washers and dryers for as little as $50 for the set just because they didn't want to move them.

Get out the paper and go yard saling. I had one guy actually deliver a chest of drawers to my house because I couldn't get it in my car and there was no charge.