PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question -- Silver Dollars & Half Dollars

Jolie Rouge
03-02-2004, 04:17 PM
It has been so long since I have seen one - who is pictured on the Silver Dollar - Kennedy or Eisenhower ?

Tadbit
03-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Jolie Rouge
It has been so long since I have seen one - who is pictured on the Silver Dollar - Kennedy or Eisenhower ?

Eisenhower is on the dollar and Kennedy is on the 50 cent piece. I use to have a job where I handled money all day is why I know. Hope that helps Jolie. :)

nanajoanie
03-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Eisenhower is on my "lucky" silver dollar. My youngest son gave it to me over 30 years ago. I think Kennedy is on the 1/2 dollars.

Quaker_Parrots
03-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Kennedy wasn't on the half til 1964, before that it was I believe "Walking liberty" (correct me if I am wrong)

brooks45
03-02-2004, 10:51 PM
AWWW!! Now your talking!! My father collected them!! because!!!!!!! when we lived in vegas,he gambled and they use to have silver dollar slot machines that paid in silver dollars!! my mom has one of the very first ones printed set in a necklace (that use to be fashionable) lol! but my dad (bless is soul) saved them and over the years he spent some but we still have 20 of them from is slot machine winnings!! and my mom won a few from the slots too!! course i dont think they use these silver dollar slots any longer,,these where in effect in vegas about 30 to 35 years ago

chicodog
03-03-2004, 02:22 PM
I was in Vegas last week and I play some of the 50 cents slots. I put in $20 and cash it out. I check them for any silver ones and I did get a 1964 silver half dollar and a 40% silver half dollar.