PDA

View Full Version : I need books and links to info that can help me write a paper...

gemini26
03-02-2004, 11:56 AM
I need books and links to info that can help me write a paper. I need to write a research paper on how medical facilities decide how to place their facilities based on economic reason. What considerations are looked at? Maybe population, services already available in an area, costs, etc. For instance why does PMS (Presbyterian Medical Services) place their medical facilities in certain areas versus other areas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gemini26
03-03-2004, 12:47 AM
bump

schsa
03-03-2004, 09:05 AM
Try contacting your local Economic counsel. They probably provide statistics for hospitals in your area when they decide to build. Also you might want to contact your local Chamber of Commerce. And I would call your local hospital and ask to interview someone.

gemini26
03-03-2004, 12:22 PM
Thansk schsa, I already decided to contact local folks like area clinic, drs offices, and the hospital to see what they came up with. I need to do the local as a case point but need an overall view say for the continent. I did a search for medical geography and found one article so far. I need at least 12 resources. But my drs or the such should be about half of that. Thanks for the imput.