PDA

View Full Version : Tired and a little hurt

girlwithsoul
03-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Saturday was my 26th birthday but I had to move all weekend AND work. Needless to say, I didn't get a chance to celebrate. But that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is that almost NO ONE called me to wish me a happy birthday or sent a card or anything. Even my dad (who's the sweetest man in the world, literally) seemed to forget. I don't get it. Also, no one would help me move. So I ended up renting a truck and basically doing it with just me, Dustin (BF), a two friends who didn't have cars or money. I ended up spending well over $300 to rent the truck and feed everyone on MY birthday weekend because I was trying to be nice since they were helping. You know.....it just sucks when you continually do things for people and are always thinking of them and they don't return the favor. I just wanted a freakin' "Happy Birthday" and maybe dinner. Oh well....I guess that's what happens as you get older, people care more about themselves and not at all about anyone else. :rolleyes:

k4mommy2
03-02-2004, 11:43 AM
I am sorry that everyone blew your birthday off :( (((((hugs)))))
Happy late birthday :)

ezmoney163
03-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Sorry you had a bad daybut I will say Happy Belated Birthday!! HUGZ

P.S.
You are right about when you get older people do tend to ease up on the whole celebration thing!!

schsa
03-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Ah, I remeber the year my parents forgot my birthday (and believe me it hasn't happened since then) and when I got ahold of them my father said,"Out of sight, out of mind". I was crushed.

It's hard to let go when it's something that important to you. So do yourself a favor and give yourself a gift. And buy yourself flowers. You can't always depend on other people to make you happy so just do it for yourself.

Dolly<3
03-02-2004, 12:08 PM
AWW :( (((((girl)))))
Happy birthday!!!

Kelsey1224
03-02-2004, 12:09 PM
My birthday is Christmas Eve. Heck...even I don't have time to celebrate it.

Because it was never a big deal...guess I never expected much. I agree with schsa...treat yourself to something special.

captorquewrench
03-02-2004, 12:16 PM
((((((((((gws))))))) im so sorry it turned out that way.

queenangie
03-02-2004, 12:41 PM
Happy Belated Birthday!

freeplease
03-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Enjoy them now. At my age, I tend to have a strong mental block thing going with birthdays. I refuse to have them.;)
And remember who helped you move...and who DIDN'T! Paybacks a, well, you know what!

lassss
03-03-2004, 09:53 AM
Hey ya got a new apartment and have a BF who helped ya :)

shellayne
03-03-2004, 10:40 AM
I think I am in the same boat as you--no one called me from my family or even sent me card on my bday--

Happy Belated Birthday [COLOR=orangered]

amuse1
03-03-2004, 02:38 PM
((((HUGS))) Happy Belated Birthday! Even if your friends or bf couldn't contribute any $ please value their time and love to help you move. When I bought my 1st home years ago none of my friends or relatives helped me move. And I had been stockpiling furniture for years to get ready. My parents weren't in the best health, but they helped some. No relatives even showed up to the housewarming party my parents thru me. It was so depressing. You see all kinds of stuff on tv with tons of relatives and friends around to help, but in real life I don't think it's that way for a lot of people. Stay strong and value your friends! Congrats on the new place!:D

girlwithsoul
03-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Thanks guys.....I've been getting sick and am now full blown feeling poopy so I just wanted to complain a bit. I still felt bad BUT today I'm getting a nice fat commission check so I'm gonna go furniture shopping for my new place....WOO HOO!!!!!