PDA

View Full Version : No Soliciting

amysusi
02-26-2004, 10:32 AM
When you see that on someone's door, what does it mean?

It doesn't mean it applies to everyone but you. So just back away from the door, and remove your finger from my doorbell.

Don't give me that disappointed look when I tell you I don't want anything before you get to show me. You could have saved yourself that disappointment by abiding by my sign. And then I wouldn't have to waste MY time telling you what you already saw on my door before I opened it.

Yes that's a nice umbrella, and yes it's raining outside, but I'm INSIDE my house, and you're out there. Who really needs it more?

Maybe I need to put the defintition of soliciting up for you to see, because soliciting means way more than when that lady on the corner solicits you for a "date".

Get it yet?:mad:

zitra
02-26-2004, 10:44 AM
What i have found (we have one of these signs~we do buy things, but only from close friends and family~not from door to door people), is that ALOT of people do not know what no soliciting means..One day when somone came trying to sell something I asked them if they had read the no soliciting sign, and they responded yes, they had seen it..I asked if thye had read it why were they still there, and they said they had no idea what no soliciting meant..After I told them, what it meant they apologized and left,, but before that said now they knew why a few people when they knocked were ticked off (they had had signs too)..

JENNIFERCATLADY
02-26-2004, 11:23 PM
Gee....and people say that telemarketers are bad!!!

elsaleh01
02-27-2004, 01:10 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! i so know what you mean. we just bought a house like a month ago, and we dont even answer our door anymore. Like 15 security alarm people have been by, 2 water softners hav been here, and KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO AWAY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tmesser
02-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by zitra
What i have found (we have one of these signs~we do buy things, but only from close friends and family~not from door to door people), is that ALOT of people do not know what no soliciting means..One day when somone came trying to sell something I asked them if they had read the no soliciting sign, and they responded yes, they had seen it..I asked if thye had read it why were they still there, and they said they had no idea what no soliciting meant..After I told them, what it meant they apologized and left,, but before that said now they knew why a few people when they knocked were ticked off (they had had signs too)..

I to have a no soliciiting sign but I also added no tresspassing and this keeps everyone off out front porch. You might try this.