PDA

View Full Version : Are you getting emails notices when you reply to a thread

Nanc952
02-26-2004, 09:32 AM
I have several threads I have replyed to and one I have started and not getting any email notices when someone replys.
Is anyone else having this problem?
I do have mine going to a hotmail account does that have anything to do with it?

Tasha405
02-26-2004, 09:34 AM
I'm not getting them either. Come to think of it, I haven't for a long time now. lol

zitra
02-26-2004, 09:37 AM
I wasn't gettign them for along time, then they started again, but people from BBS were getting hundreds a day (I got almost 10,000 in one day), becuase what was happening was people were getting all of the back e-mails from all of the threads (for every post they replied to during the time they stopped gettign them). They then again turned the feature off, becuase of it..

Lora_1994
02-26-2004, 09:37 AM
I dont get them either, I got a whole bunch of old one from sometime last year last month, but nothing since. I only get mail from here when someone pm's me.

ladybugbhb
02-27-2004, 11:12 AM
nope, and i miss them too!!

Willow
02-27-2004, 11:18 AM
I read in another thread that they had to stop the email alerts because it was overloading the server or something to that affect. I don't think they are going have that option anymore.

texasgander
02-27-2004, 01:42 PM
well, that sucks.....lots of other site have this ability....wonder what is so difficult about it?

janelle
02-27-2004, 03:51 PM
Maybe just because it's overloaded. I hope they start again when it's fixed. Dump the old ones and start over. :confused: :confused:

AngelGrim
02-27-2004, 04:01 PM
I sure hope that they bring them back, miss that option terribly. I have to spend way more time searching for if anyone answered or not, and sometimes just don't have the time:(

sinned96
02-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Yea bring them back Please

wkudad
02-27-2004, 08:26 PM
----- Original Message -----
To: <cliffwms@infionline.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 6:05 PM
Subject: RE: I have NOT been getting notices

The email notifications have been turned off for quite some time now.

Alex said until the boards are fixed, he's leaving them off. Sorry.

Katt

I posted all over the board today that I was not going to bid on any more auctions until it was fixed. I can't check every hour to see if
someone outbid me. They deleted EVERY POST!! I guess Alex does not want everyone to know they're not working.

kelly12569
02-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by wkudad
I guess Alex does not want everyone to know they're not working. [/B]

They havent been working for quite a while now and I miss it too :( Makes it really hard to keep track of everything you are subscribed to. But I am grateful we still have the board :)

Katt
02-28-2004, 10:00 AM
They deleted EVERY POST!! I guess Alex does not want everyone to know they're not working.

There has been post after post that the reply doesn't work. We have answered NUMEROUS emails about this, and never has anyone tried to hide the fact that the boards were messed up. Alex knows, the tons of people on the board who have reported it or posted about it knows, so how exactly are we hiding anything? When you emailed me in response and told me to tell Alex to get off his butt and fix the board, or get someone who knows what they are doing and let them take care of it, I told you his email and said feel free to tell him yourself. I did however, pass on the message. Did you email him yourself? If you no longer want to post, that is fine. Don't post, we will not force you to remain a member here nor will we force you to post in auctions :rolleyes:. However filling up the boards with your threats will not accomplish anything, therefore they were pulled.

1tiredmom
02-28-2004, 10:51 PM
come to think of it I haven't gotten any either-hope they bring them back-when I got one of them I felt important that someone was listening to me( lol )not like at my house when I really think I talking to just hear myself talk even down to the cat!!