PDA

View Full Version : I Passed my Glucose Test!!!!!

ChristiNate
02-24-2004, 10:20 AM
But I had to get a Rh shot :rolleyes:

My doc is letting me get another sono in 2 weeks.

She said she will tell the insurance company I am measuring big, since I am not supposed to have another sono untill I am closer to my delivery date. :p

ezmoney163
02-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Christi,

I am glad that you got the results back and they are ok hon!! What is Rh shot?? I am sorry you had to get a shot, I hate those things. OUCHY!!!
HUGZ Sweetie Please let us know what the sono says!!

Tasha405
02-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Congrats! :)

Do ya have any names picked out yet?

ChristiNate
02-24-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by ezmoney163
What is Rh shot??

RhoGam shot. It is where my blood type, B, is negative. Therefore, my blood type is B-.

Only 10% of people are negative. More than likely, the Cayden's blood will be positive. So, I have to have a shot now to counter effect the affects of our blood. I will get another after delivery if in fact Cayden does show she is positive.

Here's a link with some info on it:

http://folsomobgyn.com/rh_testing_and_rhogam.htm

Mrs.Magoo
02-24-2004, 12:05 PM
Congrats to you. I failed my first one and had to take another one. YUCK!!! I have a few friends who have to have those shots too, sorry. :(

ezmoney163
02-24-2004, 12:17 PM
thank you for telling me!! I never knew that!!

Unicornmom77
02-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooo DOING THE HAPPY DANCE FOR YA Christi!!!!!!!!!!!

dcut4
02-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Glad everything went well with the test. I always had to do two glucose test as the first one came back high but the 3 hour second ones were always fine. I also had to get rho-gam shots during the middle and after each delivery, no biggy really, it helps protect the next pregnancy if any prositive rh factors are present.

magicwoman19
02-24-2004, 03:01 PM
Did you have to drink the yucky orange stuff??? Is it really as bad as they say??? I am glad everything went good for you :)

ChristiNate
02-24-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by magicwoman19
Did you have to drink the yucky orange stuff??? Is it really as bad as they say??? I am glad everything went good for you :)

You know, I kinda liked it. It wasn't that bad.

It tasted like extra carbonated Sunkist ;)

janelle
02-24-2004, 04:18 PM
That's great news Hon. My sister had the blood thing as well. I'm glad they caught it. :) :)

magicwoman19
02-24-2004, 05:06 PM
oh okay, well then I will probably like it too, I like sunkist! :) Thank you for the info! :)

evrita
02-24-2004, 06:21 PM
It is NASTY real BAD i to this day want to puke when i smell orange soda if DH has it i run the other way Cola was tolerable but orange NASTY!!!!!!!!!! I had the diabeties with 2 of my kids my son was a larger baby due to it and I had the RH shots I am o- hubby is o+ and it isnt just for the baby but for you so the baby blood doesnt mix and make you ill. I asked the dr how will i know if DD is o+ she said when the nurse comes in and tells you to roll over all 3 of them OMG not one had my blood type