PDA

View Full Version : Yall think of us Monday morning

cpbaby
02-22-2004, 09:11 PM
I am taking Sophie to the hospital for an Upper GI tomorrow morning at 9 am. She vomits every night and so far nothing has helped. Not reice cereal in her milk, not propping her up after the feedings, not changing her formula so we are going to see if something else is wrong with her or if this is something I have to live with for awhile. She cant have anything to eat after 5:30 am tomorrow so the test will work right, then she gets to drink barium and they will take x-rays of her stomach to see whats what.

I am not sure when we will find out the results of the test.

BTW, she is 6 weeks old.
http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/115/115833/pages/357374/427G1938.JPG

heymom
02-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Oh She is just beautiful !!

erwinmst
02-22-2004, 09:22 PM
She is beautiful! I love her hair :) I hope everything goes ok for her tomorrow and they find out what is the matter. Will keep yall in my thoughts!
My oldest son had this problem when he was a baby. It was reflux, he outgrew it when he was a little over 1. Hope you guys get the answers you need to get her better.

ajksmom
02-22-2004, 09:26 PM
She is beautiful, what a great picture. I am sorry she is having to have the test done in the morning, I hope all goes well and they find out what is going on. Good luck.

Dolly<3
02-22-2004, 09:26 PM
OH look how cute she is!!

I'll be thinking of you guys. I hope everything goes well.

JENNIFERCATLADY
02-22-2004, 09:44 PM
6 weeks old already?!?!?!?! No way!!! She's BEAUTIFUL!!!! Good luck ya'll are in my prayers.

aimefisher
02-22-2004, 09:58 PM
This sounds like a problem a friends baby had years ago. It may not be it but here's the info on what Autumn had. http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/digestive/pyloric_stenosis.html

teenies*mom
02-23-2004, 01:14 AM
She's adorable - I hope everything goes ok for you.

hmkejma
02-23-2004, 01:35 AM
She is just beautiful !! will pray everything goes well.

tsquared
02-23-2004, 04:48 AM
She is so cute.......hope all goes well today for Sophie

MamaFairal
02-23-2004, 05:13 AM
Sophie you are so BEAUTIFUL BABY! You got it girl:)

Its reflux i'll bet money on it............Will send prayers and hugs anywayz

{{Sophie}}

turbob
02-23-2004, 05:27 AM
What an angel! I LOVE her hair - hope everythig goes ok - and good luck getting her to drink barium!

cpbaby
02-23-2004, 05:58 AM
aimefisher, thats what we are checking for. I have never heard of it in girls before, but according to your article and to her Ped is is rare, but CAN occur in girls. She has gained weight and isnt dehydrated but she still has about half the symptoms otherwise.

turbob, I know, I think thats one of the reasons she has to wait 4 hours after a bottle. She will be so hungry, she will suck that barium right down.(they are putting it in a bottle) I really hope they flavor it, but then again she drinks formula, GAG!

Thanks for your thoughts. I got her up at 5:15 and gave her a bottle, but she wasnt hungry yet so she didnt take much. She will be starved by 9:30. I know this is technically a non-invsive test, but I am still beside myself with worry.

On the lighter(?) side, My MIL has been trying to buy Sophie preemie clothes since she was born because they took Sophie(via c/s) either 9 or 18 days early, depending on which u/s you believe. She weighed 7 lbs 7.4 oz at birth and was 19 in long. She is now over 21 inches long and weighs 10 lbs 5.5 oz. BUT, my MIL thinks she was a preemie so she is still trying to buy preemie clothes. When I told her that we had to go for this test this morning, she anounced "I KNEW something wasnt developed right since she came so early!"

I know they are considered "Fullterm" at 38 weeks(14 days early) so the MOST she wouldve been early was 4 days. I dont think THATS the problem. Shes crazy abotu Sophie, but she drives me nuts!

cch
02-23-2004, 06:17 AM
My oldest son had Pyloric Stenosis. He had surgery at 6 weeks to correct it, where the stomach opens to the intestine wasn't right and wouldn't open to let his food pass on thru. His most noticable symptom was projectile vomiting, and he lost A LOT of weight before his surgery. It's usually first born males that get it, Wyatt is a middle child, so I now for fact that it's not always. The worst part of the GI was not letting him eat, then giving him that chalky crappy stuff, but the point of not letting them eat is so they're hungry enough to take the chalky stuff. Then of course there was the surgery (I cried the entire time he was away from me), but after it was all over and I knew he was going to be ok, him and I layed down in one of those uncomfortable fold out hospital chair/beds and slept all afternoon. ((((cpbaby & Sophie))))

ttistin
02-23-2004, 07:36 AM
{{{Hugs}}} she is so beautiful, I hope all goes well.

Tasha405
02-23-2004, 08:37 AM
{{{cpbaby & Sophie}}} I pray it all goes well.

She is such a cutie!! :D

magicwoman19
02-23-2004, 11:13 AM
oh poor sophia. I hope everything goes good Christy, if ya need anything email me. I will be praying for ya :)

alhambra
02-23-2004, 11:34 AM
she is so beautiful, I hope all goes well

robinA
02-23-2004, 11:38 AM
She is in my thoughts. Hope all goes well :)

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-23-2004, 11:49 AM
cpbaby~ waiting for the news. Hope everything went ok for Sophie this morning.

She's a pretty little thing,I love her hair :)

sandytrap
02-23-2004, 04:10 PM
My son (who is now almost 2 yrs old) had reflux when he was a baby. We were in the hospital for several days (i think 5) for all the tests. He had the barium swallow etc. too. It shouldn't take long for the tests to come back. We knew the results before we went home. Good luck...hope everything is ok.

aimefisher
02-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Autumn had surgey when she was about 2 months old. She was the third child of a friend. I was staying with her and the kids for awhile when the baby was sick. I don't remember much since it was so long ago but Autumn "power puked " everything until after the surgery. The incision she had was about 3 inches long. If you look for it now you have to know where you are looking for it to find the scar. Hopefully your daughter won't need the surgery but if she does I can give you my # and tell you all that I remember because I was in the hospital with Autumn since her mother couldn't quite cope with the situation. rebymom@yahoo.com

aimefisher
02-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Any more word yet?

cch
02-24-2004, 08:54 AM
Bringing back to page 1, hoping for an update.

cpbaby
02-24-2004, 04:45 PM
Sorry I didnt update last night, I didnt hear anything till this afternoon.

She is perfectly fine. No polyric stenosis, no reflux. He decided to try the low iron formula for two weeks and see how that goes. My other two had to use the low iron formula, so I think she will too.
I have to have a prescription from the ped though for WIC to give me the low iron so thats why I had to go through the test.

Thanks so much for your well wishes. I really appreciate them ALOT!

magicwoman19
02-24-2004, 05:04 PM
oh I am so glad she is okay. Savannah had to be on lactose free formula for a while, cause she did kinda the same thing. I am so happy sophia is okay :)