PDA

View Full Version : Work At Home Agent questions

lassss
02-20-2004, 01:20 PM
I have a phone interview in 2 weeks and would like to hear from others who already went through this. What do they ask, how long is the interview? and how you felt about it. I know I have to read a paragraph but that is all I know. Also what exactly do you do for this company?? Is it just answering phones and giving information? Thanks

NINK
02-20-2004, 02:16 PM
they ask you about your experience, like if you have ever had to work with out supervision,customer service, things like that. they ask you about your computer, internet service. it doesn't last long, just ask a few questions and have you read the pharagraph. they will ask for info on you like social security and date of birth, because they run a background check on you. because customers will be giving you lots of info like credit card numbers.

fatesfaery
02-20-2004, 04:39 PM
The phone interview was pretty quick. I was asked if I had ever worked in the customer service field, past job experience, and why I thought this would be a good job for me. He asked questions about my computer and internet access.I had to read a paragraph, which was part of an actual upsell script.After I passed the background check, I had 14 days to finish my online training. There are a series of modules with practice tests, then an actual test for each module. You have 2 chances to pass each test. Then you do a 1-on-1 with a supervisor where go through the actual order process, and they will answer any questions you have. When you pass that, you're sent a contract to sign and you can either mail or fax it back. Then you're set to start working.

The Co has 3 active lines. Two are for shopping channels, the one I work is processing orders for products advertised on TV and in print ads.Some calls are product orders and some are calls requesting information. Once you certify for a project, you'll be able to certify for another, but you can't certify for both of the shopping projects.I haven't certified for a 2nd line yet,the line that I work for has had lots of hours and I've been able to work full time hours, but hours can and do fluctuate.

There are several boards for WAHAs, there are lots of people out there to answer question and help you over rough spots.

heartlvrs
02-20-2004, 04:42 PM
FATESFAERY - THAT WAS VERY WELL DESCRIBED!! COMMENDABLE:) I AM ENJOYING IT TOO!! ITS PAYING FOR MY PERSONAL TRAINER I HIRED!

THANKS TO ORIGINAL OP

BUT NOW AS A WORD OF CAUTION......THEY DO NOT WANT US TALKING ABOUT THIS IN FORUMS PUBLIC OR OTHERWISE:(

(SORRY FOR CAPS I AM WORKING)

fatesfaery
02-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Hearlvs, you don't have to use caps when working.you can type in lower case and the system will convert them to caps.

It was my understanding that it was ok to discuss on boards as long as we don't give any client or line names or the name of the Co that we work for.

heartlvrs
02-20-2004, 05:11 PM
REALLY FATES?? COOL..DUH HUH..OH WELL HABIT NOW

AND I WAS KINDA REFERRING AS FAR AS DISCUSSING TO THE FACT OF THE ORIGINAL OP POSTING THE NAME:)

lassss
02-20-2004, 05:14 PM
thank you all for the info... I have more of an insight now on what to expect :)

deb_gar
02-20-2004, 06:54 PM
I only worked for them a couple of days.
Couldn't stand all the upsells. If it was just taking orders, it wouldn't be bad. Guess I'm just not a salesperson.
It's a good job if you can do that.

fatesfaery
02-20-2004, 07:33 PM
deb, were you offered a change to certify for one of the other projects? I don't think they have as many upsells.

I hated them in the beginning, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it. Now upsells are just talk time to me......and they pay me to talk.
heartlvrs......mine is my remodeling fund, starting with this room I sit in all the time.....I think a new chair and wall paint are going to be the first order of business......then I'm going to finish painting my bookcases and finally empty all those boxes of books sitting in the garage.I've heard rumors that some people actually park their cars in the garage and not the driveway....i have a 2 car garage with no room for even 1 car in it, so that's my eventual goal.

NINK
02-20-2004, 08:16 PM
i am still taking the tests myself, so i am pretty excited to start. if you don't mind me asking, what is the least amount and the most amount you make in a week? right now i need the money to catch up on my life! but adventualy the money will be extra, for redoing the house(if we get to keep the house)

NINK
02-20-2004, 08:17 PM
edited, removed question answered in training.

heartlvrs
02-20-2004, 08:56 PM
sounds good fatesfaery!! Nink an upsell is like offering accessories or additional offers to the original one. I am making around 300.00 ever two weeks working about 2 hrs in eve and around 6 hrs on saturday!!

fatesfaery
02-20-2004, 10:05 PM
My first check was $90 for a week, but I only worked a few hours. The check I got today was $542 for 2 weeks, and I didn't work 40 hours either week. Now that I'm getting more comfortable I'm working 4-5 hours a night during the week and 6-7 hours a night on weekends. I usually work between 10pm and 7am eastern time. I'm sure people working during the day are getting more calls and earning more. Once I get this room finished and get doors between this room,the living room and the kitchen I'll be able to work during the day.........in theory....I'm actually more of a night person so we'll wait and see.

annie169
02-21-2004, 01:31 AM
How long after the phone interview did you receive the Background Authorization form? I've been through the phone interview and am still waiting on the form??

fatesfaery
02-21-2004, 05:29 AM
I got an email with a link to the authorization form the same day.
You may want to use the contact us link on the web site and ask about it.

Urban Cowgirl
02-21-2004, 07:33 AM
Is this a job where people call your house???????
Does it pay hourly or commission or what????

puterphreek
02-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Hi ya'll!! How can I get in on something like this?? Someone please email me with the info. Really need something to do at home!!! swampirish@netzero.net. Thanks!!!!

deb_gar
02-21-2004, 09:18 AM
Is this a job where people call your house???????
Yes, they call your house and order products from 800 numbers (but it's routed to your phone)
you get paid so much per minute of talk time.that's time you're actually talking to someone. so you can work for an hour but only get a few calls.

heartlvrs
02-21-2004, 10:27 AM
WITH THE SHOPS I DO I STAY VERY BUSY FOR HOURS AT A TIME...

annie169
02-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by fatesfaery
I got an email with a link to the authorization form the same day.
You may want to use the contact us link on the web site and ask about it. I thought I was supposed to get it that day too! Grrrrrr....I have sent 2 emails, 1 on Thurs. and 1 yesterday asking about it. Still no reply. I have the number for the lady who did my phone interview...if I get no answer by Tuesday, I'll call her.

woleys
02-21-2004, 03:54 PM
I stay pretty busy when I work as well. I really like it a lot. I have been working for 2 months now. I HATE THE UPSELLS TOO! LOL So far I have average around $9.50 an hour. It was around $9.25 my first check......next 2 have been around $9.50 an hr. The only thing is they don't take taxes out.......you are responsible for that at the end of the year.

NINK
02-21-2004, 04:38 PM
i recieved my back ground authen. form as soon as she was done with my phoen interview, i immediatly followed the link and authorized it and it said i 'd have to wait 5 days for them to run it and they did it in one day, may be less. so now i am taking my tests, almost done just a few to go. what happens afte ri am done with the tests? do i do the phone thing wherte they call you and test you next? i am so excited, i filled out the papers jan. 1st and have been on the waiting list, i was afraid i'd never get in.

fatesfaery
02-21-2004, 05:55 PM
As soon as I completed my last test I got an email telling me I could schedule my 1-on-1. I think I had to schedule it in 5 days or less.

NINK
02-23-2004, 07:40 AM
o.k., i have 3 more tests to take, might get them done today or tomorrow. what all goes on in the one on one call? that makes me a bit nervous, like i'll screw it up.

lassss
02-23-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by woleys
I stay pretty busy when I work as well. I really like it a lot. I have been working for 2 months now. I HATE THE UPSELLS TOO! LOL So far I have average around $9.50 an hour. It was around $9.25 my first check......next 2 have been around $9.50 an hr. The only thing is they don't take taxes out.......you are responsible for that at the end of the year.

only if you make over $600.

Trishntx
02-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Would anyone mind sharing what everyone is talking about? Is it a work at home program? I would be very interested if someone would like to email me with any info. I would definately appreciate it.

Trishntx
02-23-2004, 02:56 PM
I guess it would help if I put my email on here...

trishcrafts@hotmail.com
This sounds very interesting, I have two grown kids now..and not much to do.

lassss
02-23-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Trishntx
I guess it would help if I put my email on here...

trishcrafts@hotmail.com
This sounds very interesting, I have two grown kids now..and not much to do.

http://www.workathomeagent.com/

Ladytiger
02-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Does the phone ringing bother you? I want to do it at night, but I don't want to wake up my DD.
Also, does anyone do it like an evryday job and how far in advance do you have to schedule the hours?
I have one more test to take.

Ladytiger
02-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Also, can you really count on working Xamount of hours? I ask because once I do this, I will lose all assistance. I would feel better knowing what I am going to make roughly.

NINK
02-24-2004, 08:18 PM
yes i also want to know more info, like do you ever have times where there are no hours at all? i just have 2 tests to go now. i need to go buy a new phone, this one is not head set ready, so have to get one that is and get a head set. any one know where they are the cheapest? can you get it to where it rings in your head set? that would be handy for like tiger was saying about not wanting to wake everyone up. i would like to work at night when every one is sleeping. that's another question, are there late night hours? is it 24 hour? do you ever have a problem getting the shifts you want to work? if any one would want to give me like alot of detailed info here is my e-mail if you don't want to post. braggfamily@zoominternet.net