PDA

View Full Version : I really need these...

sandytrap
02-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Mods, feel free to move this to the for sale or trade board. I tried but couldn't get it to load for me even after at least 10 attempts.

Finally got the FSOT board to load and posted my thread there. Thanks!

annie169
02-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Sorry...no pj's here! But in the spring and summer, my kids wear our old t-shirts to bed. Comfy n cool, And they think its great to wear Dad or Mom's old fav tshirt to bed!!

sandytrap
02-20-2004, 07:43 AM
That's really smart annie, but if I let AJ wear a t-shirt to bed he would take his diaper off. And yes, I know this from experience...lol

cch
02-20-2004, 07:47 AM
Just an idea: I don't know how old AJ is, but whenever my kids started taking off their diapers I just put them on backwards. It took a couple of months for them to figure out they could reach around the back and still get the diaper off, and then we started on potty training because they were obvoisly ready.

HumblePie98
02-20-2004, 08:11 AM
Community Action and other places like that give out vouchers for clothing and shoes. You can buy it from Kmart, wal Mart etc..... You make an appointment and take in the nesscary paperwork. I'm sure you quailfy if you get help with food donations. The Goodwill should have clothing very, very cheap also.

sandytrap
02-20-2004, 08:12 AM
Aj will be 2 yrs. old March 28t

cch
02-20-2004, 08:59 AM
My oldest daughter was almost 3 when she potty trained, my oldest son was just over 2, my youngest daughter was about 2 1/2, my youngest son is only 5 months old so we haven't came to that bridge yet.

Most children are ready to begin potty training between the ages of 18 and 24 months. You child will show the following signs when ready:
*Expresses an interest in using the potty
*Tries to imitate other family members
*Is able to express the need to go potty (or indicate that he just has)
*Is able to pull pants up and down by him or her self
*Demonstrates irritation when diapers are wet
*Stays dry for about two hours at a time
*Expresses an interest in cotton underwear

cch
02-20-2004, 09:01 AM
Oh, and you can also put a zip up sleeper on him and put a baby-safe diaper-pin just below the zipper (be careful not to poke him) so he can't unzip the sleeper and keep him from taking off his diapers.

sandytrap
02-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Aj has an interest in using the potty...but he can't tell us when he needs to go all the time. His speech development is a small concern so we are having him tested. Right now potty training is the last thing I can handle though. I am going to give it some time so that I can do a good job with helping him. Right now is not the best time...he's just not ready.

aimefisher
02-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by cch
Oh, and you can also put a zip up sleeper on him and put a baby-safe diaper-pin just below the zipper (be careful not to poke him) so he can't unzip the sleeper and keep him from taking off his diapers.

That's a good idea as I have the same problem with Vyctoria at night.