PDA

View Full Version : My baby is sick...

lisarae
02-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Well first off, I took my ds to the dr on Friday and we were told he had bronchitis. His b-day party was Sat. Thats when my 11 week old started getting a little cough, and I took her to the dr,just to get it checked out before it got worse. Both kids were put on albuterol liquid. It didn't help much, pedia care worked alot better for my son. But wasn't doing much for Haley, she just got worse. Tuesday night she was really restless, coughing sneezing, and wheezing, with a runny nose. Well took her back to the DR yesterday, and her pediatrician wasn't there but her partner was. He (Dr Khanna) sent us straight to the hospital for x-ray, blood test, and RSV tests. Well, we ended up staying there last night. She has RSV, pnuemonia, and bronchiolitis. They put her on antibiotics, iv fluids, and breathing treatments. (IN and semi private room) We were miserable. The little girl next to use had the same thing and cried ALL night long.. But Haleys dr come in this morning and checked her out, and said yeah that she did have all three illnesses, but that we could treat her at home just as there were there. That she didn't need to be on antibiotics, cause she had virus'. So were are home, and Haley is sleeping soundly, Thank goodness. She gets breathing treatments about every 4-5 hours. She is doing good, and almost back to herself. Such a sweety she is.

My son is about over his too, as long as he don't run and get sweaty.

Willow
02-19-2004, 04:24 PM
I'm sorry :( I hope things get better soon.

ShelleyG
02-19-2004, 04:32 PM
Im so sorry sweetie, I had that with hillary we had to get one of those machines and give her treatments at home, and they made her sleepy

sandytrap
02-19-2004, 07:36 PM
I am SO GLAD you were able to bring her home lisa...we had aj in the hospital for 5 days I think back in October of 2002 and being in a room with 4 or 5 other babies (all crying) was not cool. It's really hard when your kids are in the hospital. So glad you and she are home and at least more comfy than at the hospital (((hugs))) and prayers for quick healing.

Unicornmom77
02-19-2004, 09:57 PM
OH GOSH HUN!! I am praying for you and yours!!