PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever bought a Classmates membership?

ladyseals
02-15-2004, 09:34 PM
I was just wondering, was it worth it, did you find who you were looking for? I want to get one but I don't want to spend the money, even if it were half of what they were asking, but $32 is a bit much.

(maybe if I got one and someone else wanted to find a person, I could email thier person for maybe .25 paypal to get them in touch, would anyone even be interested?)

jdglmg
02-15-2004, 09:40 PM
I am signed up for classmates but I have not paid for the membership. The only way I would do that is if I saw someone on there that I really wanted to get in touch with. So far, none of my friends from high school or college have enrolled. So I just keep "lurking", lol!

Danny
02-15-2004, 09:51 PM
I have had one for about 4 years - but they were only asking $5 at that time for a year. Both my wife and I found some old friends and I am glad to have the membership. I don't think it's worth $32 unless that's a lifetime membership

ladyseals
02-15-2004, 09:54 PM
I wish it were $5 now, I would get one right away, not sure why they are so expensive. $32 is only for 1 year. And, the person you are looking for may not sign up untill a month after your membership expires, lol.

JKATHERINE
02-16-2004, 05:51 AM
I've had one for 2 years now. I like being able to look up and keep in touch with old friends, plus, I love to research so all of my friends and family have me looking up people all the time. I don't mind.

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-16-2004, 05:59 AM
I'm signed up but didn't get the membership,seems I didn't need to, my friends Bobby and Creg found me :D We keep in touch alot,Creg is still in Ca. Bob is in Hawaii.We each keep in touch with a few different people so we catch up that way.

$32.00 is alot to pay.

MamaFairal
02-16-2004, 10:17 AM
when classmates first started they were FREE the first yr.....and then after that they gave you the option of billing to your home phone(which i did) but now they dont do that.....everyone wants a credit card :(