PDA

View Full Version : sleet everywhere

nanajoanie
02-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Mid afternoon it started sleeting. At one time we had silver dollar snowflakes and then more sleet. Well now we have over an inch of sleet everywhere and it is snowing again quite hard. Expecting 2-5 inches before morning. There have already been 2 mishaps on our road. 4 properties down the road an SUV broadsided a small pickup truck. No injuries but a wrecker had to tow the truck. A little while later a car slides into the ditch across the road and here comes another wrecker. I'm ready to move to the islands:):):)

Countrymom
02-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Sorry that you are having such bad weather nana!

nanajoanie
02-15-2004, 07:10 PM
But I'm in central NC and this shouldn't be happening. I've been here from MI since 1965 and I don't remember so many snowfalls and sleet in one season before. What we have already had is what usually takes us 2-3 seasons to get. But thanks for the shoulder to 'cry' on Countrymom.

ajksmom
02-15-2004, 08:32 PM
It started snowing here around 4 and accumulated very fast. I think it's still going and we have about 5 inches now, on top of the ice still along our road, because our hill doesn't get much sun. School is already cancelled for tomorrow.

Judy
02-15-2004, 09:03 PM
Sleet.....Not a good thing!
Just wanted to pop in and tell you all to drive carefully.
Here in N.E. it's just plain cooooold. We also have a lot of black ice which is very dangerous.

ang in NC
02-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Sleet here in Raleigh,NC

YankeeMary
02-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Just raining here in Georgia...you all stay safe and warm.

Gherky
02-16-2004, 02:00 AM
It started out here as rain then changed over to snow. Only got about an inch is all...I wanted a lot more. :(

princess34
02-16-2004, 05:53 AM
Hey you guys, I am from NC too! I am closer to the mountains so we have had our share of snow and ice this year. I can't wait until spring!:cool:

VenusA423
02-16-2004, 06:24 AM
Got it here, too. Sleeted & snowed and now it's ice. Good thing I don't have anywhere to go today. The sun's out, so hopefully it'll be somewhat melted when my husband has to go to work this afternoon. Will be glad when all this snow stuff is over.

nanajoanie
02-16-2004, 09:34 AM
Welcome "princess34". Enjoy the BBS:) Maybe you and I can do a spring dance to bring it sooner. I know we definitely don't need any rain dances. I and everyone else in the Greensboro area are so ready for spring.

Countrymom
02-16-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by nanajoanie
But I'm in central NC and this shouldn't be happening. I've been here from MI since 1965 and I don't remember so many snowfalls and sleet in one season before. What we have already had is what usually takes us 2-3 seasons to get. But thanks for the shoulder to 'cry' on Countrymom.

I was thinking that it was unusual for NC to have that kind of weather. I am use to snow and sleet, but we have had a lot of rain and ice this winter.