PDA

View Full Version : My Husband

Lora_1994
02-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Well, here it is Valentines Day, 7:36PM, we were supposed to go out away from the kids for the night. HE'S NOT HERE. He worked this morning at a guys house laying hardwood floor. Well, he's not here.

I'm actually kind of hurt beings that I've not had a night away from the kids in almost 2 yrs. Well, except grocery shopping, but that doesnt count.

MEN:mad: :mad: :mad:

Boy is he getting the COLD SHOULDER when he gets home..lol

AngelGrim
02-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Yep, I would be mad!!

YankeeMary
02-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Lora...did he make it home? Maybe he had a good excuse? Hope so, sorry this happened to you.

Lora_1994
02-15-2004, 06:27 AM
Mary, he got home at about 8:30. He said he wanted to finish laying the floor in the living room. There wasnt too much to do since by time he got ready and we took the kids to my mom's it was almost 10:00 by time we left. Sooo we just got a burger from Hardee's, got a few movies, some stuff for tequila sunrises, stopped at a lounge for 1 drink and went home. We're going to try again next weekend, for a real dinner not fast food..lol

wubbywa
02-15-2004, 08:16 AM
Yes I can see you would be upset BUT at least he wasnt hanging out in a bar or something with his friends. Is that what he does lay floors--if so how can you be upset when he ws working. Anyway you still got to do something even though it wasnt as planned--sometimes that is the better way.

iluvmybaby
02-15-2004, 09:11 AM
HOW RUDE he was! I dont care what he was doing, his first choice should have been to have Valentines day dinner with you. He could have finished up the flooring the next day. That was just unromantic and it seems like his first priority ISNT you. Hubby was in the hospital and couldnt leave so he handmade me a card and we spent three hours together Valentines day where he read me poetry that he had written. It isnt the actual present that counts, its the thought, and he didnt put ANY though into your evening together. Hun I would take myself out if I were you, get a sitter, take a friend with you, go to a nice resturant and get something to eat, have a couple of drinks, treat yourself good, you deserve it! I dont mean to sound man bashing but I would have been royally pissed off at hubby, you are taking it a lot better then I would have

Lora_1994
02-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by wubbywa
Yes I can see you would be upset BUT at least he wasnt hanging out in a bar or something with his friends.I totally agree with you there, that is one thing he doesnt do frequent the bars. When he does, we go together.

Is that what he does lay floors--if so how can you be upset when he ws working. No, he works at Tru-Bilt building pole barns, he built one for this guy a few months ago and last month he did the tack room and stalls in the pole barn for him, this month the floors. I was just upset at the fact that I had me heart SET on staying gone all night, with NO KIDS..lol My husband is a hard worker and does everything he can to make sure we have what we want and then some. I just wish he could have called to let me know he was going to be late.

Anyway you still got to do something even though it wasnt as planned--sometimes that is the better way. Yes, that we did, and even if it was pretty much at home, I still enjoyed it. Like I said, we're going to shoot for another day, its not that big of a deal.

Oh, and he didnt get the cold shoulder last night.

;) :) :eek: ;) :D

schsa
02-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Good for you. He's out making money and he wanted to get the job done. It's not as if he rolled in at midnight and had completely forgotten you.

Besides if it was like here, the weather was crappy. Take a nice night in the spring and do it again. At least he tried.

Judy
02-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by schsa
Good for you. He's out making money and he wanted to get the job done. It's not as if he rolled in at midnight and had completely forgotten you.

Besides if it was like here, the weather was crappy. Take a nice night in the spring and do it again. At least he tried.

Great advice :)

momfromTN
02-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by wubbywa
Yes I can see you would be upset BUT at least he wasnt hanging out in a bar or something with his friends. Is that what he does lay floors--if so how can you be upset when he ws working. Anyway you still got to do something even though it wasnt as planned--sometimes that is the better way.

Well, if he was doing his paying job I guess there can be some leeway, but if he wasn't then it was wrong. It sucks to be an afterthought. My DH does it too. Other people's houses and the church work come before our home repair and needs.:(

wubbywa
02-15-2004, 03:18 PM
Well good for you Lora--1994 that you didnt give him "The cold shoulder". To me he sounds like a good man and Yes he should have called. Looks like he is one that wants to finish the job and that is good. Try again next week.

YankeeMary
02-15-2004, 03:28 PM
Lora I am happy that you all at least had a night without kids, I am sure there was disappoint on your part and maybe even his. But its hard to remember that quality time is what matters the most and it seems to me thats what you got plus you get a bonus...next weekend...wa wa wa..I would be proud of him because now days it is so hard to find a man that is willing to work..so see you are lucky...even though you all didn't get to go out you still got to be with the one you both love...each other. I am happy for you.