PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound strange to anyone else?

buttrfli
02-14-2004, 04:23 PM
This is part of a story from one of my local stations...

Joiner reportedly called police a night earlier to say that Messner had stabbed him. Deputies went to the apartment to investigate, but when there was no answer at the door, they left, referring the case on to detectives with the domestic violence division.

you can read the full story if interested HERE (http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0204/126231.html)

My question is.... if someone called the police and told them they had been stabbed, why would the police turn around and leave if no one answers the door?? Shouldn't they kick it in or something?? What if that person was unable to get to the door?

Is it just me or does that strike anyone else as strange.

nanajoanie
02-14-2004, 04:33 PM
OMG!! I can't believe the police didn't go inside anyway possible. All I can think of is maybe that place had cried "wolf" too many times. But they still need to check it out..................

Dolly<3
02-14-2004, 04:37 PM
One time I heard a little girl crying and screaming in the house next to my sister's and I called the police. He came out there and knocked but no one answered so he came over to tell us there was nothing he could do and he left. There weren't any sounds coming from their house when he got there, but I'm sure if there had been he'd have busted in the door.

I guess they just can't do much on a tip from someone.

ShelleyG
02-14-2004, 04:41 PM
i would hope they would bust in a door Man!

freeby4me
02-14-2004, 04:54 PM
We see it as "thinking they should break down that darned door" but the criminals see it as breaking and entering without real probable cause. Therefor they cannot do it unless they see/hear a reason to do so. I think they should be able to do so.

tsquared
02-14-2004, 06:58 PM
i think they could bust in if they had a call from that number at that house

peaceluver
02-14-2004, 07:03 PM
I would hope if it was my house they would break the door down.

MsLynn
02-14-2004, 08:20 PM
on a call like that every dept i've ever worked for would have made entry into the house. but lots of times i ask if they can unlock the door and if they tell me no i ask if its ok if we force entry.