PDA

View Full Version : why do I heat my home???

pae1968
02-14-2004, 01:00 PM
My kids, the neighbor kids are constantly running in and out of the door, 6 times within 4 minutes,,,,,,,,,,,,ugh..........ya think they would come in all at once, but nooooooo they gotta come in 1 at a time, sit down look at the tv, then get up and go back out....then they look at me and wonder why I'm yelling......I have a 19 month old, that is sick all the time, I can never get it to warm up in here so the chill stays out of the house. If I locked the door, so they couldn't do it, then I would feel like a bad mom who locks her kids out. When ya want them to go out to play they wont,but when ya want them to stay in, they throw a fit, and beg till ya say yes, and come in and out in and out of the door anyways. Ugh, will it ever end??

ezmoney163
02-14-2004, 01:22 PM
(((HUGS)))

I empithize with you!! My DH and DD have done this all day. It is not like our heating bill isn't high enough already!! :rolleyes: Then my son will stand at the door with it hanging open so he can see his daddy. Grrr!!! At least we are helping the snow melt!! LOL

zitra
02-14-2004, 02:06 PM
My kids do that..I tell them if they want to play outside, they stay outside, and if they come in they stay..It works..for me..no more in and out...

I also have another rule..If my kids are outside thier friends are outside, and visa versa..

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-14-2004, 02:42 PM
I have the same rule zitra.

Trust me it doesn't stop after they are grown,crap my 17 year old still doesn't know how to close a friggin door.

Judy
02-14-2004, 03:41 PM
I went through the same thing years ago with my daughters and thier friends. Now guess what, they are screaming thier heads off everyday yelling at thier kids to either stay in or get out :)I LOVE IT!:D :D

MamaFairal
02-14-2004, 07:45 PM
LOCK EM out anywayz............lol>

JUST KIDDING :)

amysusi
02-15-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by MamaFairal
LOCK EM out anywayz............lol>
Seriously... do it. I have to. Otherwise they are tracking dirt through the house, or taking a lot of toys out (and one by one at that). They know how to knock, although they would constatnly do it because they "forgot" something. Then I started ignoring them and taking my time to open the door, and they got the hint. Now, they take what they want the first time (I have to limit it, not everything belongs outside, and what they take out doesn't come back in), and they only knock on the door when they are ready to come in. (They still tend to do the in-out-in-out thing when it's unlocked)

zitra
02-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by amysusi
Seriously... do it. I have to. Otherwise they are tracking dirt through the house, or taking a lot of toys out (and one by one at that). They know how to knock, although they would constatnly do it because they "forgot" something. Then I started ignoring them and taking my time to open the door, and they got the hint. Now, they take what they want the first time (I have to limit it, not everything belongs outside, and what they take out doesn't come back in), and they only knock on the door when they are ready to come in. (They still tend to do the in-out-in-out thing when it's unlocked)

I wouldn't lock the door (but that's just me, and where I live, people have been turned in for neglect for it)....my rules are no inside toys outside..they have toys in the garage, they can play with..If they take a toy from inside out, and i find out they aren't allowed to play outside...My kids also have to (if it has been snowing/raining outside) take their shoes off, after coming in..They are left by the front door on the small rug, we have in front of the door. My kids don't go in/out alot, becuase when they do, I don't let them play outside for a few days to remind them. They know when I say stay in or out I mean it..if they go out to play, and they come in for anything other than goign to the bathroom/need a drink becuase it is really hot, etc. They are not allowed to go back outside.

ebgreen74
02-17-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by zitra
My kids do that..I tell them if they want to play outside, they stay outside, and if they come in they stay..It works..for me..no more in and out...

I also have another rule..If my kids are outside thier friends are outside, and visa versa..

I agree, this works for me too.

Also, if its a nice day out, they are to go outside and play. If they choose to come in early, thats oK but there is no TV or video games allowed. Gives them incentive to stay out and get exercise!

YankeeMary
02-17-2004, 12:06 AM
Judy you sound like my mom...lol.

pae1968
02-17-2004, 09:47 AM
LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one going thru it. We do have a big porch that they have to come into first, so it's not like they are standing outside, and I would have been at the door letting them in right away anyways, I just would have got them in more quickly so the door wouldn't have been left open, while they stand there deciding if they are gonna stay out or come in. The last couple of days they have decided to stay in anyways, we heat with a woodstove and only have one vent where it comes up thru, and that's in our living room, and right there is the door, one of them, so we just locked that, so they have to come in thru the other door, where it doesnt suck all the heat out in seconds. Dont know why hubby started letting them come in that way anyways, just a man thing I guess lol. Life is better tho.