PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any ideas....

girlwithsoul
02-13-2004, 11:33 AM
about what to get for Valentine's Day for my boyfriend who's a 26 year old musician who likes to garden and cook???? I keep wracking my brain for something cheap since we're moving at the end of the month and are trying to save a bit of money until I get some nice commissions in in March. So.....any ideas??? I was thinking a GC to Home Depot or something but I just don't know. Or what about that chocolate body paint stuff?

AngelGrim
02-13-2004, 11:37 AM
How about a gardening apron that can hold all his tools and seeds for gardening. Maybe have his name put on it. Or maybe a nice spice set or a herbal garden, one of those little ones, so he can garden and then use it in his cooking later?

girlwithsoul
02-13-2004, 11:50 AM
that's not a bad idea at ALL!!! I'll look around for that today.

Anything else guys? Keep the ideas rolling!

evrita
02-13-2004, 12:01 PM
you nekkid in the garden apron?

girlwithsoul
02-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Now THAT's something he'd probably love!!! You know men evrita LOL!!!! Sex is pretty much all it takes LOL.

Thanks to both of you!!! Anymore ideas?

teenies*mom
02-13-2004, 12:57 PM
How about just get some of that chocolate body paint you were talking about and then tomorrow night cook him a nice dinner by candle-light then for "dessert" you guys can each have some "body paint" and just spend an romantic evening at home together....
thats what I told DH that I wanted, maybe get a bottle of wine or something - ya know?;) or maybe whipped cream-hehe:D

captorquewrench
02-13-2004, 01:04 PM
H&H!

the mem city location has some musician gift items and I *think* they also sell GCs.

you can call to see if they have an idea or sell GCs. Store locations & numbers listed on the site.

http://www.brookmays.com/states.asp?r=2

girlwithsoul
02-13-2004, 01:09 PM
thank you all sooooo much!!! All good ideas!!!! Unfortunately, he just acted like a butthead on the phone just now so maybe he'll get to spend tomorrow night alone LOL....that'll be my gift to him....some peace & quiet while I go hang with my single friends LOL. We'll see how he likes THAT!

I have to show property all day tomorrow and was hoping to do something tomorrow night but he said we can't afford anything and I'm spending money we need. I was HOPING he'd like make a picnic for us but I guess that's too much trouble too and too expensive. Oh well....I'll just take myself out for lunch tomorrow LOL

schsa
02-13-2004, 01:51 PM
If you ever make up, there is a tee shirt out there that says "Plays in Dirt" and it has gardening tools on the shirt. I got one for my dad for Christmas because he likes to garden so much.

girlwithsoul
02-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Oh we're fine......I don't really care.....my birthday is in 2 weeks and if I don't get anything THEN....well then I'll be upset LOL.

That shirt sounds really cute! Where could I find it? THANKS!!!!

Danny
02-13-2004, 03:22 PM
Chocolate guitar pics

Seed cataloge with a note attached - "pick out what you want up to $$$ worth" (add in your amount)

Cooking class at the local community college?