PDA

View Full Version : Woman avoids furniture as she shoots intruder

MySonNick1
02-10-2004, 04:38 PM
Associated Press
Feb. 10, 2004 10:29 AM

RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif. - A 53-year-old woman who fired nine shots with two handguns to ward off an intruder said she tried to avoid hitting her furniture.

"Priorities, right?" said Carolyn Lisle of Rancho Cordova. "It was one of those nights. I have a few holes in my glass out front."

The Sacramento County sheriff's department said William Kriske, a 47-year-old parolee, was treated for a gunshot wound to the arm, then jailed on suspicion of burglary and resisting arrest after he crashed through Lisle's sliding glass door Thursday evening.

Lisle's three guests fled the home, but she took action, opening fire with a .357 caliber revolver.

"He was like a mosquito hitting the window. Every time he turned around, poweee," she told the Sacramento Bee.

She emptied her first handgun as the intruder crashed through another window to escape, then retrieved a second revolver as he broke into her garage.

"I like to be prepared," she said.

She opened fire again as the intruder fled the garage and approached the house, wounding him.

Sacramento County Sheriff's Sgt. Lou Fatur said Lisle, a retired state worker who once worked as a correctional officer, won't be charged for defending herself with properly registered firearms.

The intruder tried to steal a motorcycle from a home across the street, but was chased off by neighbors who also had armed themselves to come to Lisle's aid.

As the burglar fled, one of the men yelled, "And that's just our womenfolk," Lisle said.

A California Highway Patrol officer stopped Kriske nearby, and he was arrested by sheriff's deputies.

"I don't think he'll be back," Lisle said.

LOL. I think this is kind of funny, especially some of the tings that were said.

AngelGrim
02-10-2004, 05:28 PM
lol I bet that burgular doesn't go near that neighborhood again!!

MamaFairal
02-10-2004, 05:54 PM
she is WOMAN hear her roar........or she'll shoot ya!

Good for her, i would of done the same thing :)

Unicornmom77
02-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by MamaFairal
she is WOMAN hear her roar........or she'll shoot ya!

Good for her, i would of done the same thing :)

yeah!

wooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooo

stresseater
02-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Yeah for her! If more people started shooting these nuts who break in ther would be less of them trying it.;) ;) :D :D

FrEEbiZ4Me
02-10-2004, 09:24 PM
"He was like a mosquito hitting the window. Every time he turned around, poweee," she told the Sacramento Bee.

i KNOW i shouldn't be laughing but i thought this was tooooo funny lol POWEE!! I could imagine her saying it!

cinnamonch
02-10-2004, 10:00 PM
I like her priorities. No point in ruining the furniture :D

MistyWolf
02-10-2004, 11:06 PM
LOL .. good for her!

mamalamas
02-10-2004, 11:07 PM
What a woman! LOL

JENNIFERCATLADY
02-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Yeah for her! If more people started shooting these nuts who break in ther would be less of them trying it.

Whooo-hoooo!!! Let's hear it for our 2nd Amendment Rights!!! :D :D :D

tsquared
02-11-2004, 04:46 AM
LOL

queenangie
02-11-2004, 07:21 AM
'Missed the furniture' ~ gotta love this lady!

Angelseyes28
02-11-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by MySonNick1

"Priorities, right?" said Carolyn Lisle of Rancho Cordova.

As the burglar fled, one of the men yelled, "And that's just our womenfolk," Lisle said.

LMAO That cracks me up!:D

MySonNick1
02-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by FrEEbiZ4Me

i KNOW i shouldn't be laughing but i thought this was tooooo funny lol POWEE!! I could imagine her saying it!

That is one of the things I thought was funny. I was LOL when I read that. LOL

slkirk22
02-14-2004, 07:26 AM
Mysonnick1 I have been trying to email you but they are coming back I won your auction for the cat in the hat book last month and I still havent received it. PLMK whats going on. Thanks Shannon

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-14-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by queenangie
'Missed the furniture' ~ gotta love this lady!

yep :)