PDA

View Full Version : FedEx didn't want to deliver package wanted me to meet him

Nanc952
02-09-2004, 10:41 PM
I am getting so tired of FedEx out of the last 7 packages, two have been lost,two damaged so bad had to be sent back and file insurance claim and now because of the snow called up and wanted me to meet him at highway.
Too bad to be on my road. Well lets see UPS came out today didn't complain made it just find. Mailman delivered mail made it just find.
But FedEx didn't want too. Said he didn't have snow tires, never asked if I did.
I am charged a extra $2.00 because I live in a rural area for the delivery. Told him to hold the package till he could get down the road but told him funny others could make it. He did bring it out after told him UPS delivered.
I am getting to the point if someone says they are sending FedEx to tell them just cancel the order.

ImaGApeach
02-09-2004, 10:51 PM
that ain't right-they should be prepared. the fed ex here always brings me the ppl across the roads packages

teenies*mom
02-10-2004, 03:24 AM
I would call Fedex and complain - they shouldn't be charging you any thing extra because of where you live, thats there job to deliver.
I would raise a fit......;)

AngelGrim
02-10-2004, 07:30 AM
Oh man would I be yelling, you should definately throw a fit, seems that they earn the money and if you have to drive to meet him or they don't deliver it to your door that they shouldn't be getting paid to do so. Ups has never given me a problem here. Fedex is supposed to be here today, hmmmmmm wonder if he will throw a fit since there is still a little bit of snow on my road, but if i can make it up and down it with my vehicle so should he lol. Seriously, raise a stink.
Edited to add,
Hmm this is winter, so why doesn't the company make sure they have snow tires???????DUH!!

GINGER
02-10-2004, 08:31 AM
My hubby works for one of the many branches of FedEx. You need to find the number of the local delivery warehouse and speak to the person in charge. The drivers are responsible for getting the packages to the customer and the warehouse manageror supervisor needs to know that this particular driver was not doing his job.

bpl76
02-10-2004, 08:59 AM
Nanc do you happen to live in WY? I have the same problem with Fed EX, either they call and want me to come out to the road or they just put in mailbox and don't even tell me!!! I have had things sent by survey companies to test that were liquid freeze solid beecause I didn't even know they were there. I only go out and get the mail after the time of my mail delivery and apparently Fed EX has been doing this AFTER the mail delivery. I thought it was illegal to put things in the mail box that wasn't delivered or sent through the USPS, but that may just be misinfo on my part. I have tried calling the local office, but never get an answer. :-( I agree, it is very annoying.

ezmoney163
02-10-2004, 10:58 AM
It is very illegal to put anything not delivered by the PO in your mailbox. You need to contact either the PO or FedEx and tell them if they continue to put stuff in your mail box that does not belong there that you will be pressing charges. I know when I worked for the government doing the census, we could not even put the reports in someones box. We would get fired and fined. :eek:

Nanc952
02-10-2004, 06:55 PM
bpl76 I live in MO maybe I got the brother to your driver?
I did tell him I thought it was awful funny that the UPS driver and the mailman made it just find and never said a word.

Ginger how do you go about finding the number for the local warehouse?

twinkiesmom
02-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by teenies*mom
I would call Fedex and complain - they shouldn't be charging you any thing extra because of where you live, thats there job to deliver.
ITA Tell em to buy a set of snow tires for that present truck w/the extra they charge for going down rural routes!

Ladytiger
02-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by teenies*mom

ITA-there is NO reason that he shouldn't come there. Call and complain to a manager, also it wouldn't hurt to write a letter through PlanetFeedback. By the way, I lived in the boonies when I was younger and my family always got FedEx packages without a problem OR an extra charge! Is that charge from FedEx or the delivery guy? That's why they make the $$$, tell him to buy snow tires if he wants to keep his job.:mad:

zitra
02-11-2004, 03:24 PM
I would be po'd, and tell them if they expect me to meet them to pick up a package that you paid to have delivered, and that it was their job to deliver, that I expected to have half of my shipping refunded!

Taegus
02-11-2004, 09:57 PM
I used to work for FedEx. Please call them and tell them about that Driver. He is suppose to deliver the package to your home, not to the nearest Highway!!! Besides, if his truck that is suppose to be checked daily for proper equipment couldn't make it down your road, why would he expect your car too?????
Also, to the person whose FedEx driver put items in the mailbox, that is a fireable offense (on FedEx's part) and a FEDERAL OFFENSE to put anything other than USPS MAIL in the box! File a complaint!

bpl76
02-12-2004, 07:39 PM
I checked at the post office, even demanded to see postmaster, to make sure we were all right about putting things in the mail box. I will call FedX but hopefully won't have to give my address. I would hate to get anyone fired. But if the manager would just give all drivers a heads up talk maybe it would help. It is interesting that if the package is too big for the mailbox he manages to get in quite well. :-)