PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pain in my side

monii222
02-09-2004, 09:24 PM
I have had this really sharp pine in my side for like three days now, on the left side. Not sure what it could be. But I can't stand sitting or standing for very long. I have been going pee alot, well I pee alot anyways, but I am going more then I normaly do. I almost came home from work today cuz I was almost in tears it hurt sooooo bad. Anybody got any ideas what it could be or what I should do?

ang in NC
02-09-2004, 09:35 PM
kidney stone? Definetly not appendix cause it's on your R. Praying for you. Try drinking alot of water.

Damnifiknw
02-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Sounds like you should take a trip to the doctors office. If you are in sever pain, something is wrong. Get checkout incase it's something serious, better safe than sorry.

Hope you feel better

justme23
02-10-2004, 02:00 AM
I've had kidney stones... I don't think it's what you have or when you pottied you would only dribble and you'd be in more pain from the excessive amount of urine in your bladder after 3 days than you would from the original pain in your side. But then again, there have been ppl on this board who have had stones and their bodily functions were just fine except for the pain in their side. Have you been vomiting at all? They say that Galbladder pain is about the same as kidney stone pain except that galstones make you extremely nauseous and vomit alot. I only know cause this is the first thing they ask me every time I go in for a kidney stone.

I can say this about kidney stones... I could not (and would not) go more than an hour before demanding to go to the ER (or calling an ambulance if my hubby was not available to take me). I can not get comfortable in any position and I sure couldn't sleep through it. Every time I have one I get atleast half a dozen shots of pain killers and 3 or 4 muscle relaxers and they still can't knock me out. I can't even get to the 'I'm so drunk I don't even care it hurts anymore' stage it is so bad.

Your health is not something to mess w/ tho... any number of things could be causing this, even an extremely severe bladder or kidney infection. You really need to get to the doctor... you've suffered through 3 days and it's not getting any better. It's time to have someone check you out. I hope you feel better very soon and I'll keep you in my prayers.

AngelGrim
02-10-2004, 07:34 AM
I have had severe kidney infection and I had a lot of pain,and sometimes if you don't deal with it quick you can have blood in your urine-not to be gross-anyway, I agree with above poster, your health is NOT something to play around with, get to the doc.

Barbi_Route66
02-10-2004, 03:11 PM
You need to see your doctor. It could be a bladder or kidney infection.

Good luck & let us know how things are going.

monii222
02-10-2004, 09:30 PM
I know I should go to the the doctor, but I hate going. I have been going to the doctor so much lately, they will probably get sick of seeing me. LOL!!! It hasn't been too bad today, but it seems like I pee every 10 mins. If I wait to go thats when it really hurts. I am gonna try and wait until Friday on my day off and see if it still bothers me then I will go to my family doctor.

Ladytiger
02-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by justme23
I've had kidney stones... I don't think it's what you have or when you pottied you would only dribble and you'd be in more pain from the excessive amount of urine in your bladder after 3 days than you would from the original pain in your side. But then again, there have been ppl on this board who have had stones and their bodily functions were just fine except for the pain in their side. Have you been vomiting at all? They say that Galbladder pain is about the same as kidney stone pain except that galstones make you extremely nauseous and vomit alot. I only know cause this is the first thing they ask me every time I go in for a kidney stone.

I can say this about kidney stones... I could not (and would not) go more than an hour before demanding to go to the ER (or calling an ambulance if my hubby was not available to take me). I can not get comfortable in any position and I sure couldn't sleep through it. Every time I have one I get atleast half a dozen shots of pain killers and 3 or 4 muscle relaxers and they still can't knock me out. I can't even get to the 'I'm so drunk I don't even care it hurts anymore' stage it is so bad.

Your health is not something to mess w/ tho... any number of things could be causing this, even an extremely severe bladder or kidney infection. You really need to get to the doctor... you've suffered through 3 days and it's not getting any better. It's time to have someone check you out. I hope you feel better very soon and I'll keep you in my prayers.

I agree-I wouldn't wait to long to go, it could also be a sympathetic pain from somewhere else. Kidney stones with me, the pain started on the left side, got VERY intense and by the time I made it to the ER, it had traveled to the right as well. Whatever it is, don't let it get the best of you!

BigLyd1
02-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Yea, what justme23 said. I would think with a stone that you would only dribble. I've had a kidney stone and a bladder infection. The kidney stone hurt so bad and I didn't know what was happening, so I had to call 911. The bladder infection made me urinate a lot.

But when in doubt, it's best to see the doctor.

monii222
02-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Well my pain has gone away, it seems to come back when I drink diet pepsi, I have had this problem before from drinking to much dark soda, I dont understand why is it the caffine in the soda or something else? I never have it if I drink Sprite or any clear soda. I did not go to the doc cuz the pain was not as bad as it was and now its gone thanks to water and cranberry juice. Thanks for all your concerns.

justme23
02-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Caffeine and Calcium are the biggest causes of kidney stones. So perhaps you should stay off the soda since it makes you hurt to drink it. I am glad you aren't in pain anymore tho!

monii222
02-15-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by justme23
Caffeine and Calcium are the biggest causes of kidney stones. So perhaps you should stay off the soda since it makes you hurt to drink it. I am glad you aren't in pain anymore tho!
I did not know that thanks for the info.

Safire
02-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Glad you are feeling better.

mikang
02-16-2004, 03:54 AM
I had the pain your were having all the time and I would drink about 3 or 4 cokes a day. I went to the doctor and he took me off of caffine and that's been over 10 years now. I haven't had anymore problems since I stopped drinking caffine. I only drink sprite or something like it. It's the best thing I've ever done! If I drink something that has caffine in it, I can sure tell. I hope your pain stays away!

Angeleyez
02-16-2004, 08:50 AM
I had pain in my left side so bad I thought I was dying!! Had to go to ER and ran test to find it was muscle spasms. I had a strenous job with a lot of lifting then. They gave me muscle relaxers and it went away!! Hope you feel better soon.

monii222
02-16-2004, 07:09 PM
I am laying off the diet pepsi, so my side does not hurt right now and I have not had my really bad headaches I used to get all the time.Must a been the caffine also. Hmmm guess I don't need diet pepsi that bad.

DivineMsDi
02-18-2004, 09:39 AM
I am going through the same thing now (sharp pain in left side). Recently found out it was an ovarian cyst and quite large. So if you still have your ovaries, it may your problem. Just a heads up for you. Good luck!

monii222
02-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by DivineMsDi
I am going through the same thing now (sharp pain in left side). Recently found out it was an ovarian cyst and quite large. So if you still have your ovaries, it may your problem. Just a heads up for you. Good luck!

I just had a ultrasound not too long ago and they said I had a few cysts but they were nothing to worry about. They weren't big enough to worry about. I had a ultrasound cuz I am trying to get pregnant and we haven't been able to. But so far nothing is wrong with me. But anyways I hope everything gets better for you.