PDA

View Full Version : Man Rapes Step-Daughter on MY Block

Jayd
02-09-2004, 05:02 PM
I need some advice. Friday a neighbor was arrested for stat rape of his 14 year old step-daughter. We do NOT want him back in our neighborhood. His bail was to be set today but as far as I know he's still in jail. I guess what I'm asking is how do we get rid of him...LEGALLY.
Tonight I'm tromping "PERVERT" in the snow in front of his house. I figure that's not too destructive and will let him know that he's been "found out".
It just isn't enough. His step-children have already been moved from the house into state facilities but we still have 10 children on our block!
Please let me know how you'd handle it.

Mom2jal
02-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Want me to come stomp with you? {{{{Kellie}}} Please above all else be careful and stay safe.

Jayd
02-09-2004, 05:17 PM
This sob and me have already had major words. I heard his wife screaming late last summer. When I went to see what was going on, he was smacking her to the ground. When he realized a few neighbors had seen him he stopped.
This abuse of his wife is made worse by the fact that the lady had suffered a stroke and is paralized on one whole side.

The next day he approached me to apologize and while I'd LOVE to tell you what I said in return it was way too violent and vulgar.
He definately knows how I feel about him as a wife beater but has no idea the utter contempt I feel for him as a child molester...yet.
To be quite honest, I really don't think he'd ever have a chance to grab my children but what about the kids that aren't guarded by a mother that would slit his throat in a heartbeat? They say you can't cure them so if he continues to reside across the street does that mean our kids will always be "prey"?

YankeeMary
02-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Yikes call the police dept, and see if there is something that can be done...once convicted they can list that. Call a known child advocate attorney...Put signs in his yard...call him at all hours and let him know that he isn't wanted...call the local tv stations...you have rights and the kids in that block have rights...maybe one of the daddies in your neighborhood will decide to take the law in his own hands...I wish you lots of luck and support.

Momster
02-09-2004, 05:27 PM
I don't have any advice, but I hope you can find a way to get him to move. About 10 years ago one of my neighbors molested his own teenage daughter, His wife left him, but I don't know what happened with his case he didn't spend any time in jail:mad: 3 years later he married another woman with a young daughter, she left him a few years later and the rumors were that he tried to molest the girl. He is still here, and I hate him, and he knows it.:mad: I also make sure to tell everyone that moves into the neighborhood everything I know about him. Good luck, and keep us updated.

Ladytiger
02-09-2004, 05:28 PM
While I agree with everything said here, you have to be really careful about HIM filing harassment charges on YOU. Do some behind the scenes things, like calling the homeowner's association where you live, calling the schools etc.. Knowledge is power-use that Kellie! Oh, and keep a paper trail.
I'm happy for his wife and her children though!

Mom2jal
02-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Check the sex offender registration laws for your area too. Chances are he will have to be registered and there will be requirments for notifying those around him.

Jayd
02-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Missouri is one of the few states that doesn't use the offender notification.
We can't put up signs and no one is notified when a predator moves in the area. :(
I am contacting his landlord concerning this just as soon as it hits the papers. I have spoken to her before concerning him beating his wife outside. To be honest, I doubt she'll do a thing. She is far more interested in the rent money.
As far as the mother/wife of the children goes, I totally believe that she knew. When we stopped Ed from beating her that time he screamed "Tell the neighbors how your daughter has sex with her brother!"
We figured it was for shock value but the detective told us that when he arrested Ed at his home, Ed told his wife "You better keep your (&*(&&*^ mouth shut!"
I believe she is and has been an abused woman for many years. I believe she fears him. I also believe she will lie for him.

YankeeMary
02-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Can you call his job? If he loses his job he can't pay rent then he has to move...could you use a pay phone to report it so it can't come back on you? I am telling you I would do everything in my powers to make his life a living H*ll...What did they do with the mother has she been arrested yet? Geez I wish you so much luck on all of this.

VALENA-)45
02-09-2004, 07:44 PM
YOU AND ANYOE ELSE CAN BE ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH HARRASING "HIM". I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR THAT, THAT ANIMAL, HAS RIGHTS. NOW, THAT ALOT OF HIS CRIME ARE OUT IN THE OPEN, HOPEFULLY, "WIFE" WILL NOW OPEN HER MOUTH AND TELL WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON, ALL THIS TIME. IF, THE JUDGE KNOWS WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON IN THAT HOUSE THE MAN WILL NEVER BE LET OUT OF JAIL. BUT, THE WIFE, AND KIDS HAVE TO TELL. WHAT I REALLY WANT TO SAY I CAN NOT SAY ON HERE. CALL THE MAYOR OF YOUR TOWN, CALL YOUR SENETORS, THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOU. AND HE HAS TO REGISTER AS A SEX OFFENDER. AND IF THEY SAY HE DON'T START A PETTION WHERE YOU LIVE GET EVERYBODY TO SIGN, AND GIVE IT TO YOUR TOWN LEADERS. YOU KNOW THE PROPLE YOU VOTE INTO OFFICE. AND THEN WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. GOOD LUCK, STAY OUT OF TROUBLE.

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Do you have a neighborhood watch? If not call your police department and start one yourself with your neighbors,let him know "what's up"

Good luck with this,stay safe.

justme23
02-09-2004, 08:15 PM
There is nothing you can do LEGALLY to get rid of him (the most fortunate thing for you is that he will go to jail for this and you won't have to deal w/ him being there long). And while what he did is disgusting and he should have his nads removed w/ a rusty knife while being held down... that doesn't mean you won't get in trouble for calling him at all hours of the night (*67 won't protect you either, the phone company still knows where the call came from) or writing pervert in the snow in front of his house. It's called harassment and despite what he's done, if his neighbors harass him the law will be on his side. He is NOT worth going to jail over no matter what he has done.

MamaFairal
02-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Years ago when i lived in California and "Larry Singleton" (he kidnapped girl and cut her arms off at the elbows and left her to die...she lived)was getting paroled the city went crazy

We picketed in front of the house he was to move to,and signed petitions for the county board....mind you this was way before the sex registry was in effect.....
Long story short......ended up he was ran outta town and they finally just gave him a trailer to live in on prison grounds since too many people were protesting where ever he went or tried to live.

Make a loud stink and let everyone know that this man is a child molester...........print flyers,pickett in front of his house if he gets out....make noise!!!

Good luck!

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by MamaFairal
Years ago when i lived in California and "Larry Singleton" (he kidnapped girl and cut her arms off at the elbows and left her to die...she lived)was getting paroled the city went crazy

We picketed in front of the house he was to move to,and signed petitions for the county board....mind you this was way before the sex registry was in effect.....
Long story short......ended up he was ran outta town and they finally just gave him a trailer to live in on prison grounds since too many people were protesting where ever he went or tried to live.

Make a loud stink and let everyone know that this man is a child molester...........print flyers,pickett in front of his house if he gets out....make noise!!!

Good luck!

I remember this story Mama,I lived at home in Ca. the people really fought tooth and nail to not have him around.It worked!

MsLynn
02-10-2004, 06:57 AM
Ok, to keep yourself from gettin into harrassment trouble, what I would do, is.. everytime he's outside, and a kid is outside somewhere on the block if he so much as glances in their, call the police, tell them he's looking at the kid and it scares you because of what happened to his step daughter.. EVERYTHING he does that is against city code or illegal, CALL THE POLICE... try to be anonymous and get your neighbors to do the same. If the whole neighborhood does it, he can't prove harrassment on one person, and the Police will Already know about it, since you've called them, and you can say you wanted the police to handle it... since its their job

kimp67
02-10-2004, 07:39 AM
Please don't flame me, but do you KNOW he's guilty? All I got from your post was that he was arrested for it. (Not trying to flame the fire,,,just curious)

Kelsey1224
02-10-2004, 08:55 AM
I think knowledge is your best weapon. I would inform everyone in the neighborhood so that they can tell their children. They need to be as informed as you so that they can also keep their children safe.

The children need to be told as well that this is a "bad man" who might hurt him if he gets near them. Better to be forewarned and forearmed.

schsa
02-10-2004, 09:38 AM
My personal feeling is that he isn't going to harm the kids in the neighborhood. He had control in his own house and could do what he wants knowing that no one would tell. Now it's out in the open. Men like that are basically cowards and they have no power outside of their own homes.

I am sure that the family will move after this. There will be far too much publicity surrounding this and the family will not want to be around the people who know.

Angelseyes28
02-10-2004, 09:51 AM
OMG that is horrible!!! It blows my mind that MO recognizes the rights of criminals more than they do victims or potential victims!:mad: I honestly think you should tell EVERYONE that you come in contact with. Then get everyone together and brainstorm and try to come up with a way to get the laws changed so that the community would be alerted when a sex offender moves into a neighborhood or is released after serving time. SOMETHING needs to be done though, b/c it is flat out wrong that the farkin criminal has more rights that the general public!:mad:

Monlon
02-10-2004, 09:58 AM
maybe you could let the neighbors know anonimously? type letters to whom it may concern. say a child molester is living in your neighborhood at xxxxx address. and sign it a concered citizen? just mail it with no return address at the post office.

queenangie
02-10-2004, 10:51 AM
That man is just sick, sick, sick!

Now, because he is in jail for the rape of his step-daughter, the kids are in a detention center also. That is not fair to the children in this family.

Keep us posted.
Hugs,
Angie

gemini26
02-10-2004, 11:55 AM
anonymous letters to neighbors and neighboring neighborhoods, anonymous letter to local newspapers with copy of court papers he will have which are generally public

irrelevant0
02-10-2004, 01:09 PM
kimp67 does have a point.

this is not meant to start any fights, and i don't want and flaming started, but -

i noticed that the original post said stat rape, which i am assuming means statutory (sp?) rape. if she was unwilling it would have just been called rape. a friend of mine was raped by her stepfather a few years ago, and even though she was a minor, the fact that she was unwilling made it rape, not statuatory (sp?) rape.

I AM NOT TAKING THIS GUY'S SIDE, HE IS SICK AND SHOULD BE PUT AWAY. WHAT HE DID WAS WRONG. i am just curious as to what the circumstances are...

again, not meant to start a fight or induce flaming, just asking a question.

Katt
02-10-2004, 01:26 PM
I was wondering about the stat rape myself. It doesn't make it right, if it IS stat rape, but it doesn't seem like he's going to be preying on the neighborhood kids.

Now, if it is down and out rape, he forced himself on the girl etc, then he's a rapist and a pedophile. If that's the case, I wouldn't worry about being annonymous. I would personally go to each neighbor and inform them of what happened. I would also put signs in MY yard, not his.

On that same note, I wouldn't call the police anon each time he was outside. That will get old, and when they are actually needed, they won't respond as fast, because they will be thinking it's just the same old..."he looked at that kid" type of call. JMO

MsLynn
02-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Katt
On that same note, I wouldn't call the police anon each time he was outside. That will get old, and when they are actually needed, they won't respond as fast, because they will be thinking it's just the same old..."he looked at that kid" type of call. JMO

i've worked at a couple depts this has happened and if he BECOMES a convicted sex offender, i have never known an officer that wouldn't respond regardless of how many times they have been out there... but i wouldn't do anything until he's convicted...

suzziq03
02-11-2004, 12:45 AM
yes, please be carefull about how you go about things. Even if everyone else on the earth may think hes ponscum and doesnt deserve to live in the skin hes in,its unfortunate that he actually has laws that he can hide behind that protect him from such acts against him. If he chooses to return to his residence, more than likely there will be a town meeting ( like was here ) about concerns over him moving back in. You voices could be heard, but not always applyed. Unfortunately there is no one area, place that these type of 'people' are placed to live. Im sorry this happend to the family and to the neighbors also. I know there are laws that protect him. It seems to me there are more laws protecting the criminals then there are the innocent. :mad: :(

cch
02-11-2004, 07:47 AM
Some people are just sick! I don't care if it was just statutory, she was a 14 year old CHILD and he's a grown MAN! Missouri has registeries of offenders, they just don't have to notify you when you one moves into town. My husband's grandmother married a known sex offender and then tried to get our kids to hug and kiss him when we met him. We do NOT make our children hug or kiss strangers, even if they're family or married to family! We not seen her/him since and that was 5 or 6 years ago! As far as I'm concerned, NEVER would be too soon! The Missouri lists: http://www.sexualpredators.com/Folder%20of%20States/Missouri/index.html Do you mind telling the rest of us what city/county you are in?

Katt
02-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by MsLynn
i've worked at a couple depts this has happened and if he BECOMES a convicted sex offender, i have never known an officer that wouldn't respond regardless of how many times they have been out there... but i wouldn't do anything until he's convicted...

Never said they wouldn't respond ;) It's their job to do so. I said they wouldn't respond as quickly, if they received constant calls about "looks" given to the children of the neighborhood. I have no doubt that if he's convicted, and placed on a sex offender list..or not even, that if he tried to make contact with any of the kids, they would get there pronto. Like you, I have connections with law enforcement, I think they are great guys. I also have seen their faces when they are going...They called on that again??? So I have to believe that constant unfounded calls would be considered "crying wolf" so to speak. I would just be afraid that they wouldn't be there fast when they were really needed, if they are hounded when they aren't :(

I don't care if it was just statutory, she was a 14 year old CHILD and he's a grown MAN!

Tis true, she was a child. Doesn't mean that she might not have been willing though. Stat rape is bad, because the older person SHOULD have sense enough to stay away from someone so young. Unfortunately, that's not always the case. In our county alone, we had 7 cases of girls ages 10-14 who were pregnant in the last 6 years. Just last week my husband went on a call where a 14 year old girl got punched in the face and broke her nose. By whom? Her 21 year old boyfriend. She didn't want to press charges on him, didn't want to give info because she had snuck out to be at the party and her mom would be mad. He finally marked her as uncooperative and left her with the police.

I never said that it wasn't bad if it was Stat rape. I simply stated if it was, and she was willing (which I have no idea since I haven't read anything about it, so I am not going to label this person a child molester...idiot, yes, incestuous person, you betcha, but not pedophile...yet) then I doubt he's going to be hunting down every child on the block. And, like it or not, until he is convicted and incarcerated, he has rights just like everyone else. Sucks, and would suck worse to be jailed for stifling that person's rights by harassing them. :(

I'm in the minority here, so I think I should probably back away from this thread. :D

Just be careful Jayd. He's not worth jail over ;)

Jayd
02-14-2004, 04:58 PM
I am so PISSED! His wife is having a sale in their garage today. She's selling tools etc to rasie his bail money. I nearly stomped a mudhole in hubby's ars when he said he ALMOST bought 2 nailguns!
We will NOT be helping him!
Oh and I live in Buchanan County. :)

Thanks Everyone...REALLY! Sometimes you just want to react and sometimes you just can't.
I am limiting myself to referring to him as a molester and saying it loud enough for everyone to hear EVERY chance I get when I go outside. I wanna grab his damn wife by her throat too. She DEFINATELY knows where I stand!
My only consolation is that he is still in jail. That may be short lived since she's trying to raise the bail. I need to find out how much it is. GRRRRR