PDA

View Full Version : so fed up with my aunt...

islandgirl
02-08-2004, 12:46 PM
She has 2 kids that are both older than me and they have kids of their own, well she doesn't have anything to do with her daughter & her kids, but everything to do with her son & his kids. Almost, like she's a 2nd mom to them. It's like when we bought our house, it was bigger than her son & DIL's so they stopped talking to us or coming around. I guess they got jealous or whatever.

My Dad told my Granny that I'm pregnant and she therefore called my aunt. Well, I hadn't told my aunt my news by this time, and you would think that she would just call and congratulate me once she heard. Nooooooo - she called her daughter and strated talking crap about me & said in a snotty way, well, I thought Missy's periods were all messed up and she was having problems getting pregnant {Like we're not aloud to have kids, or something}. Then she had the nerve to say, I guess Missy's unemployment has ran out, so now she has another reason to stay at home. (uhhh, the nerve) If she had any inclination as to what's going on in our life, she would know that I've been without a car since August and have no way to a job. Even though I have a job in the works right now, it's none of her business either way.

It sounded like she was jealous. I mean she doesn't ever call or come around for me to even tell her the good news, and I didn't tell anyone IRL till my Dad & my Mom knew first.

She's mad cuz I didn't calll and tell her. Why does she think everything is about her? Why can't she just be happy for us?

She still hasn't called and congratulated us and she probably won't unless I cave and call her to tell her. But I don't feel as though I should have to tell her something she already knows. She's supposed to be an adult, she's someone I looked to as a mother figure growing up, but now she treats me like I'm not even part of her family.

If I have to call her, it will take all I got not to say, "well I know you already know my news, and you haven't called to congratulate me, but just to confirm your suspicions, yes, I am pregnant!"

Thanks for listening if you got this far.

queenangie
02-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Hope you are feeling well with the pregnancy - how exciting.

Family issues are difficult at times, especially if there is jealousy going on with your aunt. I don't have any answers for you, girl.

For your baby's sake, don't stress out on this issue. I'm glad your folks are excited about being grandparents. Pat your tummy for us!

Hugs,
Angie

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-08-2004, 01:49 PM
hhhhmmmmm~tuff one

I for one probably would not call just to appease her,if she is jealous or what ever reason she has for acting the way she is,nothing you do or say will make her act any better towards you. It's a shame,it sounds like you thought the world of her at one time.

Good luck,I hope the two of you can patch things up,if that's what you want.If not,best of luck to you on a healthy and happy pregnancy :)

turbob
02-08-2004, 01:52 PM
Be a better and bigger person than she is - call her up and tell her your good news. It will get her goat even more if you act what she says about you doesn't bother you at all.

freeplease
02-08-2004, 02:14 PM
and what you really don't NEED right now is stress, I say avoid her. Spend the time you would have phoning her with those people that make you happy and calm.
And congrats on the new family member! Just pretend I'm your aunt. See, I said congrats. Just squint your eyes and tilt your head, I'm sure I could pass for her. lol;)

JENNIFERCATLADY
02-08-2004, 11:46 PM
For your baby's sake, don't stress out on this issue. I'm glad your folks are excited about being grandparents. Pat your tummy for us! :) :) :)
I agree, AVOID STRESS!!! And of course, Congratulations from me & The Attack Cats!!!

okie
02-09-2004, 12:40 AM
Congrats,and i think i would ignore her and not call her at all.If your family bothers you at all tell them you can't have stress right now.

hblueeyes
02-09-2004, 09:29 AM
First, CONGRATS!!! How exciting for you. I agree about not stressing over it. It is not good for the baby or you. So have fun with it. I have the MIL form hel*. I have learned what sets her off so I only call when I can push her buttons. Turn around is fair play. Tell her you know she found out about the great news and that you waited for her to call but figured out she didn't call because she must have been embarrassed by her rude and ignorant remarks. Let her know that her emarks don't bother you because you realize that she needs to be petty in order to be happy and feel good about herself. Then say the baby is hungry and you gotta go. Say bye and hang-up.

Me:p

jonette5
02-09-2004, 10:47 AM
I have no advice for you on the aunt situation except...don't let it stress you! But I do want to say...CONGRATS on the baby!