PDA

View Full Version : Can't I ever feel un-stressed?

suziebee20
02-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Let me think of a way to explain this:

Imagine having a big project due on Friday, for work, school, whatever... It's Monday and you just don't feel like doing it, hey you have four days... so you go to the mall, and it just sits there in the back of you mind so you can't even enjoy yourself. Tuesday comes and you feel kind of ill so you stay in bed, but you can't really sleep because you know you should start that project. Wednesday you go out with a friend for coffee and you can't even enjoy yourself there because you know you have to work... then Thursday comes and by Thursday afternoon you are super stressed and just can't put it off any longer and you have SO MUCH to do at the last minute....

Well, that's how I feel, EVERYDAY! And I never do anything, I have no projects and no homework in any classes and I feel guilty whenever I go out or do something... I'm just sick of being stressed and stressing about being stressed!!

peaceluver
02-07-2004, 08:57 PM
((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you. I feel that way most of my life also.

JENNIFERCATLADY
02-07-2004, 09:15 PM
I am NOT making light of your situation. I used to feel like that especially between August and October. Then I started taking Zoloft during those months and it has helped me immensely. ((((hugs))))

aerogirl
02-07-2004, 10:51 PM
LOL...that sounds excatly like something I did when I was in college...there is a word for it, PROCRASTINATOR! :D

CarolinaBlue
02-08-2004, 03:56 AM
I can certainly sympathize with the constant stressed out feeling! I believe I have been that way my entire life!

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-08-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by CarolinaBlue
I can certainly sympathize with the constant stressed out feeling! I believe I have been that way my entire life!

Me too *sigh

{{{{suzie}}}}

Gitty
02-08-2004, 09:08 AM
While your doing your project, burn some lavender incense, it calms you, relaxes you, and destresses you. When I really don't want to do something that has a deadline. I force myself to do it right away, that way I don't have to deal with the daily stress from it. Usually when I get done with a project, I think, that was easy I wonder why I felt I wanted to put it off?

schsa
02-08-2004, 02:05 PM
You have to plan rewards for yourself when you have alot of work to do. I have a fairly stressful job and being single anything that needs to be done, I have to do it. So when I have something I have to do that I don't want to do, I plan a reward. Nothing big but something to break up the day. Don't put things off. Try to do a little bit every day and give yourself a reward.

I know stress. I managed to stress myself into a nervous breakdown. I learned the hard way to set priorities and reward myself. Without it, I would not be here today.

evrita
02-08-2004, 07:27 PM

Me three seem all I do is run around and work and kid and husband and housework and errands and and and Calgon take me away!!!!! (((((((HUGS))))) You are strong you will do it

suziebee20
02-09-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by JENNIFERCATLADY
I am NOT making light of your situation. I used to feel like that especially between August and October. Then I started taking Zoloft during those months and it has helped me immensely. ((((hugs))))

Back during my freshman year, after the shooting, my counselor talked to my mom about putting me on meds and my mom didn't even want to listen to it... she's got all these bad ideas about stuff like that. The only way I could be put on something is if I paid for it myself since I only have insurance under mom.

I told my counselor about how I've been feeling, and she thought I was nuts. she suggested these stress managment groups, but they take away a lot from my class time, and I need to stay on top of my classe right now.

I stayed home sick today and I've eaten so much soup it's going to start coming out of my ears! Thanks for the support guys, I think I'm going to go waddle back to my couch and sleep some more. :)