PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have these before???

shellayne
02-07-2004, 04:39 PM
Has anyone ever had an ovarian cyst? I just found out yesterday that I have a small one on my left ovary. It is sometimes painful. My doc told me that there is no need for any further testing. How do they know that for sure? I had 2 ultrasounds, one on top and the other up you know where. Any information will help. I have searched on the internet but I am unsure what else to do. My doc nurse told me to take 900 milligrams of ibephroen(SP) 3x a day for 4 days for pain. If I take Motrin 200 mg, you are not supposed to take more than 6 in 24 hours. Isn't this like ODing. ANy insight will help. Thanks

YankeeMary
02-07-2004, 07:36 PM
No it is not going to cause you to OD...I have had them before and they are quit painful...the will eventually "explode" (my docs words) and all will be well...but I do know that some need to be removed surgically tho...good luck.

Mrs.Magoo
02-07-2004, 07:53 PM
That much iburofen won't hurt you, I have had to take large amounts like that before. Good luck.

zitra
02-07-2004, 08:04 PM
I have had to take 2 500mg of motrin a few times a day for really bad back pain, after I had my first son..no problems from it for me.

evrita
02-07-2004, 08:12 PM
My daughter is 10 yes 10 and she has these we thought she was having appendix attacks she would get very pale and B|P went thru the roof and she would vomit and cry and be in alot of pain. After about the 9th visit to the ER for the same thing me thinging appendix they ran test found her blood count was high which meant she was in pain DUH and did a CT scan they found fluid by her ovary and it turns out she is getting cysts that are breaking the fliud only shows up for 24 hours then disappers they consulted a surgeon and he is the one who finnaly told us what was wrong. We are still going to the dr she misses school when it happens could be once a month once every 3 months or 2xs a week I hope this helped I rambled

briansmommy
02-07-2004, 08:34 PM
My OB/GYN said they are quite normal.
I had an ultrasound the other day (for my second preg.) and the Nurse Practitioner asked if I needed to go to the bathroom, I had just given a urine sample so I told her no. She got up and got the doctor ASAP. We couldn't find my left ovary at all. My cyst is the size of my pregnant uterus (I'm 13 wks along). No wonder I was feeling so fat already(I thought I was having twins!), and I was thinking that this pg hurt much more than last time! The Dr. said that we'd be watching it and since its only clear fluid filled they're not too worried.
I wish I could take ibuprofen now though :(

shellayne- Hugs to you, I hope it all works out for you!

Angel~Chihuahua
02-07-2004, 08:36 PM
i have had several of these, and had to have them removed surgically. i have surgery about once a year for endometriosis, and everytime they go in, they find about 10 cysts on one of my ovaries, 10 each time they do surgery. it can get quite painful, and if they don't burst on their own, then surgery is needed.

kelly12569
02-07-2004, 08:54 PM
I have had several of these and yes they are painful. Although mine (so far) have always burst. My GYN put me on Bextra which is the same thing my DH takes for his arthritis but I know a few other women that take it for female reasons as well. You may want to ask your dr. about them... they seem to work pretty good for me. I believe they are an anti-inflammatory, not a pain pill but they do work for me.

katzenberg
02-07-2004, 10:01 PM
i have fibrmyalgia also what symptoms do you have .i ache a lot my knees hurt soreall over and get cold chills some times.

April78945
02-07-2004, 10:27 PM
I've had cysts before and to me, they were painful. I used to take about a bottle or more of Midol a week because I thought I had cramps 24/7.
Mine did need surgury though because it was the size of an orange BUT I also had endometriosis so that caused alot of pain also.

I have heard the small ones are normal and will eventually burst or shrink. Good luck and feel better

mizzy62
02-08-2004, 12:31 AM
I had these too... They were horribly painful. I would get them right after my period, the whole nine yards, and felt like I had a bladder infection.
Finally, after going to the ER, and being in so much pain I was pounding on the walls, begging them to hurry up, they did an ultrasound. Lo and behold, a 10 cm (think baby head sized) ovarian cyst.
Thankfully, my doctor gave me choices of how to deal with it. Since I had polycystic ovarian syndrome, I chose to have the other ovary taken, and since I would no longer be able to have childern, a complete hysterectomy. May sound a bit radical, but i don't regret it one bit.
My best advice....my doctor had me take Aleive, it is the same thing as they give, for this, takes down the swelling a bit..but in nonprescription form.
I wish you the best, I understand your suffering.

EgHunny
02-08-2004, 12:45 AM
I've had them since I was very little. I have atleast 6. Small and big. I haven't had any problems with them at all. They just made a pouch is all...

CarolinaBlue
02-08-2004, 03:54 AM
That much ibuprofen won't hurt you. A long time ago, Motrin used to be prescription only and it was prescribed in much higher doses than they put out over the counter.
I hope it helps your pain!

texasgander
02-08-2004, 08:04 AM
I had a bleeding cyst in October, it was very painful........had a sonogram (both kinds) and then 2 weeks later had an MRI.....it was gone by the time I had the MRI........