PDA

View Full Version : Very sad - police have found the body of the Sarasota girl

ibbygayle
02-06-2004, 06:05 AM
I woke up this morning to the radio station telling that the police in Sarasota had found the body of Carlie Brucia. They said that she was found behind a church. I just looked on Yahoo and in the news story it says that they were not saying where she was found.

How very sad!! I watched the video of her and cried. How can people do this stuff to kids? I'm so sick of people feeling like they have the right to do anything to kids and take them away from their parents.:mad:

I am just praying for her parents right now because I can't imagine being in their shoes.

Here is a link to this story:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040206/ap_on_re_us/abduction_filmed&cid=519&ncid=716

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-06-2004, 06:10 AM
*with my hand over my mouth & in tears

I was so praying they would find her alive.I will now pray for her family.

This is why I drive my kids everywhere and insist on knowing where they are,they never know when I may call and check either.The girls get upset with me for doing this,but OH WELL!

kvmj
02-06-2004, 06:40 AM
I read that her parents had hired a psychic who assured them that she was alive. How could any charlatan give them false hope like that?

Her poor parents.

lpelham
02-06-2004, 07:53 AM
How horrible! I just read on CNN that he has three little girls of his own! I guess he is innnocent until proven guilty but this is just sick.

Libby

magenta
02-06-2004, 08:02 AM
I was so hoping they found her alive. This is my worst nightmare.

Did anyone read (on yahoo I think) that the guy tried to abduct a 20 year old girl a few years ago. She got away and they let him off because he said it was a misunderstanding. He said he was trying to keep her from going out into the street?

It just blows me away how these psychos get away with their crimes only to do it again at an even greater level.

freeby4me
02-06-2004, 08:22 AM
13 arrests in 11 eleven years is completely unexscusable. I know this could have been prevented but who deserves the blame other than that sick SOB i dont really know. My heart breaks thinking of how she spent the last hours of her life. He needs to pay the ultimate price.:mad:

MySonNick1
02-06-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by magenta
I was so hoping they found her alive. This is my worst nightmare.

Did anyone read (on yahoo I think) that the guy tried to abduct a 20 year old girl a few years ago. She got away and they let him off because he said it was a misunderstanding. He said he was trying to keep her from going out into the street?

This 20 year old girl was on Inside Edition yesterday telling the story of when the guy tried to abduct her.

http://www.insideedition.com/smith.htm -- Here is a link to the story and you can see apicture of the Girl.

Original Airdate: February 5, 2004

WOMAN WHO SAID SHE WAS ATTACKED BY JOSEPH P. SMITH, MAN SUSPECTED IN ABDUCTION OF FLORIDA GIRL, SAYS SHE KNOWS HIS DARK SIDE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 year old Carlie Brucia's abduction was caught on tape.
A Florida woman who says she was once attacked by Joseph P. Smith, the man suspected in the caught-on-video abduction of 11-year-old Carlie Brucia, tells Inside Edition her thoughts are with the little girl and her family.

“I hope they find (Carlie) and I hope she's okay,” Terri Jo Stinson, 26, tells Inside Edition.

In an exclusive interview Thursday, Stinson tells Inside Edition she knows the dark side of Smith all too well. Stinson claims that Smith assaulted her seven years ago. He was arrested, but later found not guilty on charges of false imprisonment and battery.

“It was horrifying to think that he could actually hurt me and get away with it,” Stinson says

Stinson tells Inside Edition that she was walking home after a night out at a pool hall. She says she crossed a busy highway and was walking along the guardrail when Smith jumped out and grabbed her.

“He came over the bushes and grabbed me and would not let go.”

She says she fought for her life and managed to break free. When she ran out into the road, a passing van stopped and picked her up. “I think I was pretty lucky to get away,” she says.

Using tracker dogs, police found Smith hiding in a ravine not far from the guardrail, his face covered in camouflage paint.

He was charged with battery and false imprisonment, but a jury found him not guilty. His attorney argued that Smith was trying to prevent Stinson from running into oncoming traffic that night, and that, in grabbing her, he was actually attempting to save her life.

freeby4me
02-06-2004, 08:50 AM
camouflage paint is not something someone wears when "hiding in the woods" waiting for someone to "jump into traffic" That is completely sickening. That judge should be removed from his position and never be able to practice law again. That just proves that this horrible act could have been prevented.

sahmsfreeb
02-06-2004, 09:03 AM
yet again i am agahst............ she was born up here on long island... her dad and grandparents are still here.......... if this b@stard was just in prison like he was supposed to be she would be alive today........
sympathies to her family...... prayers for her family to somehow be whole again........praying for my soul because i cannot forgive that man for ending the life of a beautiful human being...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,110622,00.html

Smith has been arrested at least 13 times in Florida since 1993, according to state records. He was arrested in 1997 in Manatee County on kidnapping and false imprisonment charges, but was acquitted a year later.

He told jurors he'd grabbed a 20-year-old woman as she walked along a road because he thought she was going to jump into traffic. The woman testified he'd tried to pull her away, then jumped on top of her when she fell and threatened to cut her. She said she escaped when he tried to pull her to her feet. A police dog found Smith hiding nearby.

Smith served 17 months in state prison for heroin possession and prescription drug fraud and was released on New Year's Day 2003. He was arrested eight days later on a cocaine possession charge and was placed on probation for three years. He also was placed on probation for aggravated battery in 1993 and heroin charges in 1999.

A state Department of Corrections official said Thursday that a probation officer had asked a judge on Dec. 30 to declare Smith in violation of his probation because he had not paid all his fines and court costs.

Probation official Joe Papy said Circuit Judge Harry Rapkin declined to find Smith in violation, which could have returned him to jail.

Probation official Joe Papy said Circuit Judge Harry Rapkin declined to find Smith in violation, which could have returned him to jail.

schsa
02-06-2004, 09:27 AM
I feel for her family and friends. At least they have the man who did it in custody.

YankeeMary
02-06-2004, 01:30 PM
Let her parents have him...I promise he will never do something like this ever again!!!

Njean31
02-06-2004, 01:38 PM
his probation or parole officer in the last few months had asked a judge to imprison him, the judge declined. boy, wonder how that judge feels today. this country is tooooo lenient, especially on sex offenders. there is NO rehabilitation, it is in their makeup, preversion, freak of nature, whatever you want to call it. POOR CHILD

oh yea, how perfect for this case and also how tragic for the family the car wash video CAUGHT THIS PERV red handed. and wearing your work clothes with your NAME on it during the commission of kidnapping and murder, PRICELESS. add MORON to the list of describing words for him.

gloria96
02-06-2004, 02:24 PM
that is so sad. I was so hoping she wouldnt be dead.

Makes me so scared to let my daughter go anywhere alone.

cleaningla
02-06-2004, 07:22 PM
CNN has an article about the judge, apparently he has recceied death threats.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/06/missing.girl.judge.ap/index.html

mom4angels
02-06-2004, 08:38 PM
This is so horrible. My toughts and prayers go out to the family. Does anybody know if there is a website to email a prayer to her family? It has really haunted me since I heard on the radio this afternoon what that poor baby must have gone throw in her last hours. It really scares me for my children. My oldest is 13 and as naive as they come. I show her this story hoping that it would get in her mind not to just take off by herself. She doesn't when she is with me, but every other weekend she is with her father and he is not very responsible. I hope that this sick A--hole gets what he deserves. It is a shame that if that judge would have listened to the parole officer things would have been different.

lovee777
02-06-2004, 10:39 PM
OMG! That is so sad! That poor little girl! How could anyone do that to a child?
They will all be in my prayers!
:( :( :(