PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch Springer today? About the seriously over-weight woman..

Mini
02-04-2004, 07:05 PM
I dunno how many of you saw that but it was a classic show and it was about a 14 year old girl and her mother who was severely over-weight. She weighed 1,600 pounds, yes that's correct no typo. It was so sad, the girl had to drop out because the kids and even the staff would make fun of her mom and she couldn't take it. I can't believe people can be so cruel:( they said people threw rocks at the house, brought guns, and the womans boyfriend even said that one time while out a group of kids tied him upside-down in a tree and beat him black and blue just because he was protecting the woman. :( I could never ever be that cruel, I mean sure we ALL say stuff about other people but I could never do that, it's just wrong:(

teenies*mom
02-05-2004, 03:27 AM
I watched it - I feel sorry for her 14 year old daughter that had to quit school and take after her mother...:mad: Thats not right.
But they said the women died like 10 months after the show was done.

sugar206
02-05-2004, 03:48 AM
Oh some people are so cruel. I feel for their whole family but I didn't watch the show. But my father was very overweight and a lot of people judged because of his weight and I cant even began to tell you how loving and nice he was. I lost him in 2000 he had a heart attack and died instantly. He never judged the people that would make comments to him. He would just say to me Honey dont yell at them or give them h@ll, they just dont understand. Now to this day when I see an overweight person I think of him. I dont stare at them I smile. The ironic thing was my father started listening to his doc and gave up all the food he loved and lost about 200 pounds and died shortly after that. I would like to send that girl a card so if anyone knows how I could do that pm me. I feel for her loss of her mother.I lost both my parents. I know that she is not happy and I would like to send her a card and help. That is just so sad. So if anyone knows any contact info for the family let me know. Thanks in advance.

Dizzyontheweb
02-05-2004, 05:48 AM
All of the ladies in my hubby's family are severely overweight. My younger sis in law had to go to be taught at home cause of the other kids. They made so much fun of her, she talked of suicide. One kid on the school bus poked her with a pin. He said he wanted to see if she would pop like a balloon. People can be so cruel.

ShelleyG
02-05-2004, 08:56 AM
I hate that, why cant people judge people for their personality not the outer person? That makes me so mad :(

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
02-05-2004, 07:33 PM
I'd like to know the answer to that myself... I'm 5'3" and on the heavy side and all through HS, I was called "Cosmo", asked when I was going to my next modeling shoot, etc. I got so down about it that I started not really caring about how I looked and so forth. I was lucky though, that I had a great group of friends that really cared about me for *me*, not what size jeans I wear. I've lost a lot of weight since then, just due to cutting out the carbs and less sugar at my own pace, NO Atkins or Jenny Craig, etc. for me. :D But I think if I was only 150 lbs, I'd still see myself as obsese, just due to the teasing I got growing up. :(

sharinbo
02-05-2004, 10:23 PM
I've seen that episode before. It brings me to tears and makes me physically hurt for them. As if there isn't enough hate in the world, some people have to find something, ANYTHING to hate others for. I used to weigh 600lbs. I KNOW how it feels to be judged every single day for how I looked, rather than by my personality. I hope that family finds peace.

Barbi_Route66
02-10-2004, 03:22 PM
I saw that show. It was a disgrace how this woman & her family were treated by others.

Just because she was a very large person, that didn't mean that she and her family were 'bad' people. The poor woman seemed to have a heart of gold & didn't have a mean bone in her body. Does that make someone a bad person?

It doesn't take much effort to be nice to another human being!!!

P.S. I'm a big beautiful woman...just ask my hubby! :p