PDA

View Full Version : Update to stolen check situation, need help

dena_darling
02-04-2004, 05:06 PM
I filed a police report where I live. Yesterday they called me and said that I need to file a police report in the town she lives in because that is where she cashed my check. I had to go there to file the report. They knew her. The police was very eager to hear that I wanted to press charges because (in their words) she is crazy. She has been in trouble before with the law etc. Last night I found new charges on my checking acct. She had written my atm/debit/credit card number down and ordered stuff online. I emailed the first place.
It was an astrology report. She used "her" name to get the report but used my cc. They reversed the charges. I printed out a copy of the email they sent me saying it was in her name. (How stupid is she?) I had to go back down to the police station in the next town today to file 2 more reports on her for using my cc. The officer wanted to know where she was and I told them that she was at home.
But would probably hide. He was on his way to go pick her up YEAH.
Anway, since Sunday evening my roommate has been at her house. Today
I got home and he was here in my house packing his stuff. He is moving back in with her. STUPID IDIOT. So I think he was in on it too. He showed me a copy of his drivers license. The signature on it and on the check looked alike. But he says its not his. The police said that he would probably be charged as an accessory. I don't feel any sympathy for him. I hope they both rot in jail. \
He admitted that they smoked crack this past weekend. (Probably with my money). I told the police that too. But now I am scared that they might decide to retaliate. In the police report, the officer stated that about the crack. I told the officer that and they said she is very spiteful. They told me to contact the police in my town and see if they could come out to my house with a drug dog to see if they hid anything in my house to get revenge on me. But i'm still scared because i don't want to get in trouble. They said they don't know what my police would do but they would not do anything because they know her and how she is.

Anway, the other charge was for TM Games. Does anyone know what the web address would be for this or an email contact for them. Any help would be appreciated. tia

But I am just so ticked, after all i did for him, letting him stay in my house rent free, giving him money for cigs, gas, etc and this is how he repays me. I am still so stressed about all of this. Plus i have had a migraine all day from the stress. My stomach hurts so bad.
I want all of this to be over. I hope they managed to lock her up and get him too.

schsa
02-04-2004, 05:33 PM
They'll get her. You are giving them enough evidence and if she already has a history she will be locked up.

Have you notified your bank about the ATM/Debit card charges? The more you can do to stop her the better off you will be. And let them send the drug dog in to sniff around. Better that than have the cops show up looking for crack or something else.

dena_darling
02-04-2004, 06:07 PM
Yes, I notified my bank about the other charges. They have to send me an afidafit (sp) to fill out.

I will call the police tomorrow to have them come out and check for drugs. I want to straigten up the house first, lol.

AngelGrim
02-04-2004, 06:20 PM
I would definately let the cops bring in the dog and tell them to contact the officers at the other station if they have any questions about it all and that they can vouch that they told you to have them do it. I would also make sure that you have your locks changed on your home and such and make sure you pin number gets changed. I would make sure that this can never happen again. I hope that you get everything straightened out and that those "USERS" get nailed to the wall. (((((((((hugs))))))))))

justme23
02-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Well I personally would NOT call the police and have the dog brought in. Did you see the episode of Cops where the woman was trying to get the police to do something about the crack dealers on her street so she took a rock to them and they arrested her and left the dealers on the street.

It's not the same situation, I know, but after seeing that I'm just as scared of doing the right thing as I am of doing the wrong thing!

lassss
02-04-2004, 08:15 PM
also It may be a good idea to change your locks if he had a key, he could have made a duplicate

Danny
02-05-2004, 06:41 AM
If they used your ATM card - most if not all machines keep video records of the r=transactions. Check with your bank and see where the point of transaction was and request that the tape be provided to the prosecutor.

VALENA-)45
02-05-2004, 02:16 PM
THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES, FOR DOING TO YOU WHAT THEY DID. YOU PUT FOOD IN THEIR MOUTHS,A ROOF OVER THEIR HEADS, AND GAVE THEM BEDS TO SLEEP IN THEM. I HOPE THE JUDGE PUTS THEM UNDER THE JAIL. PEOPLE NEVER STOP AND THINK ( WOULD I WANT THIS DONE TO ME???) BEFORE THEY ABUSE SOMEONES HELP, AND KINDNESS, AND WHEN IT HAPPENS TO THEM, THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO GET MAD ABOUT IT, FORGETTING THEY DID IT TO SOMEONE ELSE FIRST. DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO, ABOUT THEM AND IF THEY CAME BACK, DO THEM IN, AGAIN. GOOD LUCK.

mlayton1994
02-05-2004, 04:10 PM
((hugs)).

iluvmybaby
02-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Keep us updated with what happens hun, did you get it all cleared up? You might want to close out your account with that bank now that they have your account number and CC or DC number and open up one at another bank or same bank with another account number.

Damnifiknw
02-05-2004, 11:22 PM
I'm with Justme on this one. I would not call the police and have them search out my home for drugs. In those types of situations where you try to be the good guy, you end up behind bars. When the police search your home and find drugs. You can not prove they aren't yours, it's your home.

So, if I were you. I'd leave it alone. You might be sitting in a jail cell tomorrow, if you do call and they find drugs in your home.

When it comes to drugs. The last people you call are the police.
Another thing, these people telling you to call the police. I doubt they'd call them if they were in your situation. You'd have to be out of your mind (not saying you are) to call the police and have them search for drugs in your house.

redrig
02-06-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Damnifiknw
I'm with Justme on this one. I would not call the police and have them search out my home for drugs. In those types of situations where you try to be the good guy, you end up behind bars. When the police search your home and find drugs. You can not prove they aren't yours, it's your home.

So, if I were you. I'd leave it alone. You might be sitting in a jail cell tomorrow, if you do call and they find drugs in your home.

Another thing, these people telling you to call the police. I doubt they'd call them if they were in your situation. You'd have to be out of your mind (not saying you are) to call the police and have them search for drugs in your house.

The people telling her to get the police to bring in the dog were the police in the other town, not somebody random.

Gitty
02-06-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Damnifiknw

Another thing, these people telling you to call the police. I doubt they'd call them if they were in your situation. You'd have to be out of your mind (not saying you are) to call the police and have them search for drugs in your house. A few years ago, we had a visitor. And there was some problems with them. When we made them leave. I called the cops and they brought in the dogs and searched my house at my request. And there was drugs found. The police took them away for me. The police knew about the problems with the visitor. "I was not and am not crazy for having it done!" I don't want that crap around me or my family. It could have been along time before we found it. And then I wouldn't have had a reason why it was in my house. The visitor was never charged with the drugs, but they were out of my house, and taken care of. And I didn't have that worry! OP if your worried call your police and ask them about it. See what they think you should do. Ask them if you let them search what will happen? It can't hurt to ask. As long as you don't give them any personal info first. If you have a child in the house IMHO I would have it done. A child might put something in their mouth. And they could be hurt or worse. (This post was edited, because of my spelling.)

JENNIFERCATLADY
02-06-2004, 03:08 PM
I have to agree with GITTY on this. Call the police and have the drug dog brought in. BUT make sure you have copies of the police report and also let them know that the other police department said to call them.
When my cousin was fighting with his wife he called and had the drug dog brought in. The dog found drugs all over the house including the 7 years bedroom.
I personally would rather be safe than sorry.

Damnifiknw
02-07-2004, 12:11 AM
The people telling her to get the police to bring in the dog were the police in the other town, not somebody random

I already know the police in a different town suggested she call. I understood it quite well....I wasn't talking about the police I was talking about the people on this board. =)

Gitty. I'm glad it didn't go against you and worked out in your situation. But, all situations are different, all police departments work differently as well. The only thing I can say, Is I would never call the police. I'd search my own house and fluch what I found (if I found anything) down the toilet.

It's all up to the op in what she choses to do, It's her house & her life. I hope it all works out for the best.

dena_darling
02-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Well, this past Sunday, while I was asleep, my roomie just up and
went over to the ex's house. This ticked me off because I told him
if he had anything to do with her, then I did not want him in my home.
Well, he did not call us or anything. Wednesday, i got home early
and he was in my house with their daughter. He was packing his stuff
up. He told me he decided to move back in with the ex so he can "be
there for her and their daughter". I told him he was stupid. How
can you be there for them when you and her are going to be in jail.
He knows what she is like, and yet he is still going back to her.
He claims that he will have his own room. Yeah, right. He also said
that if Kyle (their daughter) is in the house they won't do drugs.
I don't believe that either. If she is so hooked on it, nothing will
stop her. The police in Sumter told me that there is another warrant
out on her but they don't know where she is. I told them exactly where she lives (they know that address) and had been there before looking for her. I told them that she won't answer the door and will hide. The other warrant is for her running a stop sign and hitting something and then leaving the scene. I'm not sure but i think she was either drunk or on drugs at the time.

Oh, and now I think that he either knew about it, assisted with it, or knew after the fact. Why else would he go back to her and move in with her.

But so far, no policeman has contacted me to ask me any questions.
And as of this past Thursday, neither of them have been arrested.
I have been at the police station on Monday - Thursday trying to get
all the reports filled out and getting copies of them to mail to my bank.

Does anyone know how long before they will get arrested? I want them put under the jail to rot.

One other thing, I feel so sorry for their daughter. She is 3 and I
really liked her. But i think that she will grow up to be one screwed up person. They carry her over to her great grandparents and leave her there for weeks so they can party, etc.

Natasha
02-08-2004, 07:23 PM
If you still getting new charges on your account, make sure that your bank changes everything: account #, debit/check card # -- this will prevent all future charges is someone knows your accounts #.

I've been in similar situation where my check card # got stolen and they emptied my checking account and even I got negative $1,000 intill I found out. When I asked at the bank why they did not notify me that my account was negative, they said since I was such a good customer, I was allowed to overdraw my account for up to negative $1,000!:eek: :eek: :eek: They just kept charging their fees ($30) for every single transaction. I only found out a week later when my card was rejected at the store. I logged on to my account and almost had a heart attack. Well anyway, they reversed all their charges and all the unautorised transactions and I was able to put this nightmare behind me but I learned my lesson and now I don't use that bank's check card (I need to keep that bank's checking account open b/c I work for that bank and they direct deposit my paycheck). Now I use only credit cards like Discover all the time and they do call me time from time to verify new places that I used it just to make sure that it's me, plus I signed up for alerts on any transaction over $300 and if my credit limit near, etc. Now I have peace of mind that my checking account will not be overdrawn ever and I earn some $$ back for using credit cards. I never found out who did and I don't think that the bank did either. The person who used it filled his/her info with random numbers/letters.

Good luck with your situation.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Damnifiknw
02-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Does anyone know how long before they will get arrested?

It can take up to two weeks.

okie
02-09-2004, 12:54 AM
It sounds like your doing everything you need to be doing to get the mess she made of your life cleaned up.I don't know what the cops are like in your state but if it were me in your shoes i would not let the cops search my house.The cops here are crooked and there is no way they would be searching in my home.I would rip this house apart on my own before i called the cops.

dena_darling
02-09-2004, 03:58 AM
Just found out last night, dh called a friend of his, that knows
this couple. The roomie, split to Ohio on Thursday. That is where
his family lives. I don't know their addy but I do have their phone
number. I plan on telling the police this - that means another trip
to the next town. I will give them the phone number.

OH, I did not call the police to have them search my house, i'm
scared that if they do find anything, they might say its mine.
I don't want to take any chances on losing my kids.

Quaker_Parrots
02-09-2004, 04:16 AM
Hun if you have the phone number, you can go here: http://www.reversephonedirectory.com/ to get the address if it is not a new number, or a cell number. HTH

Natasha
02-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Quaker_Parrots
Hun if you have the phone number, you can go here: http://www.reversephonedirectory.com/ to get the address if it is not a new number, or a cell number. HTH

you can also go to http://www.google.com and just type in phone number and it should give you address.

dena_darling
02-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Well another hassle because of all this crap with the stolen check.
I was $40 short on my light bill because of all of this mess.
This is the first time i have ever been late on my bill. So today
they sent me a notice saying that I have to pay an additional $265
for a deposit by Feb 17. Or they will cut my lights off.

The crap never ends with this.

JENNIFERCATLADY
02-10-2004, 11:28 PM
Dena...did you contact the light company and let them know what's going on? If you tell them that you have police reports about it they SHOULD remove the charges against you. Good luck with everything and please keep us updated.