PDA

View Full Version : Another Amber Alert Please read

mom4angels
02-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Has anybody heard anything more about the 11 girl Carlie from Florida that was lead away by the man at the car wash. This afternoon they showed a video of the man approaching her at the car wash and leading her away. The police said that they were trying to computer enhance the picture I was wondering if anybody caught that on the news. The man was wearing a work uniform. I wish I had more information to pass along. It happened in Sarasota, Florida. I can't remember the car washes name. She was lead away by this man Sunday afternoon and they didn't get the tape until yesterday that is why the Amber Alert was done until yesterday. I hope that maybe someone that was around the area would remember somethingto get this little girl home.

justme23
02-03-2004, 08:25 PM
http://scgov.net/appImages/762/Missing%20Girl.jpg

http://scgov.net/appImages/TopicBodies/NI_ID/Imagegallery/Surveillance_missing_girl.jpg

http://scgov.net/latestnews/newsdetail.aspx?C1ACC692B2=A4969982&E7DCD7AE=A3&D4C7CF=C1ACC691ADA2A4A695A0769BA3A5A29597789D94A7A D989E829CAD93C3B0

http://www.winktv.com/x8228.xml

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/

I hope they find her, she and her family will be in my prayers.

I never would have guessed she is 11, she looks much older.

andreame70
02-04-2004, 03:59 AM
Thank goodness the police at least have this pic of him, with the technology available now, they probably already know who he is. They have a good shot of his face in this pic. The shirt he is wearing also has a name on it, hopefully it is really his uniform. Most uniforms like that are professionally cleaned by a uniform service, so they can probably narrow things down pretty quick as to who he is.

I saw her parents on the Today Show yesterday. They were begging him to release her. I felt so bad for them. I hope that the police can get that little girl home soon.

Andrea

ibbygayle
02-04-2004, 08:54 AM
I just read this on Yahoo news! How frightening to see video/pictures of the actual abduction. This little girl looks alot like one of my nieces good friends so it freaked me out to see her picture. I hope that since they have a picture of the abductor, they will find her soon.

Lisa03
02-04-2004, 08:57 AM
NASA has gotten involved in the search for an 11-year-old Florida girl who was abducted.

The FBI is working with the space agency to enhance images from a surveillance camera that captured the child's abduction.

Investigators in Sarasota County, Fla., say Carlie Brucia was taking a shortcut behind a closed car wash Sunday night while on her way home from a friend's house.

The pictures were captured by a surveillance camera at a Sarasota car wash Sunday. The sixth-grader is seen on the car wash's videotape being led away by a white man in his late 20s or early 30s. The tape shows the man speaking to her for a few seconds before grabbing her by the arm. Brucia does not appear to know him.

Investigators say the man has tattoos on both forearms and is wearing a mechanic's shirt with a name patch on the breast.

Carlie, who is about 5 feet tall and 120 pounds, has blond hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a red top and blue jeans, and carrying a pink backpack.

Law enforcement officers are pledging to find Carlie.

"We fear for her safety. On behalf of Carlie's family, I'd like to make a plea to the man who took her away or to anyone who knows of her whereabouts. Please bring Carlie home. Carlie if you can see or hear this, please know that we will stop at nothing to find you," Maj. Kevin Gooding of the Sarasota County sheriff's office said. "And most of all, Carlie, do not give up."

Meanwhile, dozens of FBI agents are chasing some 200 leads in the search for Brucia.

There was one specific lead Gooding discussed. It was a clue from a caller in Kissimmee, Fla., who says he saw a man struggling with a girl in a parking lot Tuesday. That has police on the lookout for a green, four-door Honda or Nissan.

He said officials received information from the Kissimmee Police Department that the incident happened at 5:50 a.m. Tuesday and that the the man allegedly "seized" a car.

The witness said a man and a female were struggling near the car and that the female fit Carlie's description.

"They struggled and the female ran away from the male. The male tried to grab her to bring her back," Gooding said.

The witness wasn't sure about what he saw, but he then went home and saw the Amber Alert on TV and realized that struggle could be related to the Amber Alert.

The FBI is working with Sarasota officials on the case.

"We have agents working all of the leads that are generated here so that we can thoroughly and aggressively follow up on these leads," Carl Whitehead, of the FBI, said.

Whitehead said profilers are working on the case.

A business was offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible for her disappearance.

Carlie's mother has made an emotional appeal for the child's return.

Susan Schorpen begged, "Please release Carlie. Please give me my baby." The girl's father is imploring anyone with information to come forward.

At a news conference earlier, an officer with the Sarasota County sheriff's office told the little girl to run for help if she could.

Anyone with information is asked to call (888) 838-AMBER.

mom4angels
02-04-2004, 09:06 PM
I just saw on the news that they arrested a man for Carlie's abduction. His name is Joseph but I didn't catch the last name. They didn't find Carlie yet. He had disappeared Sunday to Tuesday. The police did arrest him. My prayers are with her family that she will be found safe.

DestinysGrandma
02-07-2004, 03:39 AM
Sad news all according to my local newspaper, her body was found today in a church parking lot next to the car wash.

well, sorry guys didn't know there was another thread about this. Sometimes only half a page loads and I miss some threads.