PDA

View Full Version : Non Paying Bidders!!

EgHunny
02-02-2004, 11:30 PM
OMG!! I can't believe some people. If you don't want an item don't bid on it. I got an email tonight, after my auction closed 7 days ago, from the person who won.

"I no longer want this item. I am not going to pay for this. Please do not email me again."

How rude. Now I am out the listing fees, but the closing fees too. I am so angry. I don't think this is fair. I have always paid for my auctions, even if I changed my mind at the end. Then I would sell them, or give the item to a friend or something. But this just totally sucks!!

Sorry guys, just had to get that off my chest.

Unicornmom77
02-02-2004, 11:52 PM
I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT!!! That does suck!! Not to mention rude!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Eghunny)))))))))))))))))) ))))

JENNIFERCATLADY
02-03-2004, 12:40 AM
Not to be stupid here (since I have never sold anything) but can't you report them as a non-payer? Good luck with everything!

EgHunny
02-03-2004, 01:26 AM
I did... But it only gives them a warning. But I also gave them a negative.

Linus1223
02-03-2004, 06:35 AM
If you have a non paying bidder, I believe you can get a refund of those values.

Syrinx
02-03-2004, 12:32 PM
If you've filed a non-paying bidder alert, after 10 days, you can file a final value fee credit and get that fee back. I've actually been lucky and only had a few nonpayers, but even if it's for a small amount, I always go through the whole process. I'm pretty sure that the nonpayer doesn't get that strike against them unless the seller files both the alert and the fee credit.

harloo
02-03-2004, 07:00 PM
This is what I do:

If they don't pay me with 5 days paypal, or 10 days money order after I email them, then I give them a second email and if still no response I do a non paying bidder alert right away. I find that once I do the NPB alert they all of the sudden magically email me. Some of them claim someone died, they were out for a week, they did not get my email(all the lies that people make up).

They then pay me by paypal. I have only had one buyer who came out flat that she was not going to pay me, and I gave her a negative.

Shann
02-03-2004, 08:17 PM
That's awful! I hope you are able to get the fees back. Some ppl are so rude!

shellayne
02-04-2004, 01:04 PM
My husband goes through that all the time..He even calls them if he here nothing from them. Some PPL are rude!! Good luck with getting your fees back.