PDA

View Full Version : A little depressed

ttistin
02-02-2004, 09:19 AM
I put an add in the paper last week for babysitting, I also put up fliers around town. I have had NO one call on it. I was hoping I would have gotten at least one call by now. I know it takes time and all but we could really use the extra money, ok I could. I am getting so tired of not having any money for myself. I havent had my hair cut in months, and it really needs it. I hardly have any clothes, most are what were giving to us/me. I just really want to pamper myself everyonce in a while and I cant.

:( :( I am going to keep hoping and praying that something good happends with this. I just hope it doesnt take a long time :)

schsa
02-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Can you clean houses? That ought to be worth about $75 a day. What about pet sitting or checking in on other people's animals? I know that I pay my dog sitter $20 a day for two visits that probably don't last more than 15 minutes each.

I don't know exactly what your personal situation is but there are things that you can do to bring in some extra money. House sitting while people are on vacation is good or even going by and bringing in the paper and changing the way the lights come on.

Keep thinking. Something will come your way.

ttistin
02-02-2004, 09:50 AM
I would clean houses, I know a lot of people who do and they make good money. but I dont have anyone to watch the kids and the daycare places charge way to much.

Thanks for the ideas, I will see what I can come up with

justme23
02-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by ttistin
I would clean houses, I know a lot of people who do and they make good money. but I dont have anyone to watch the kids and the daycare places charge way to much.

Thanks for the ideas, I will see what I can come up with

Do you have a playpen? Take the kiddos w/ you and put them and their favorite toys in the playpen. My friend used to do this, she wouldn't take a house that wouldn't allow the kids to come along.

JWWB2000
02-02-2004, 11:34 AM
Have you thought about a home based business such as Avon or something like that? If you would like more info, I am sure there are plenty of people on here who sell Avon, including myself, or other things that could and would be able to answer any questions you may have.

It is just an idea for you.

Army-Mom
02-02-2004, 12:18 PM
I hope things start looking up for you.
hugs,
Marcia

ttistin
02-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by justme23
Do you have a playpen? Take the kiddos w/ you and put them and their favorite toys in the playpen. My friend used to do this, she wouldn't take a house that wouldn't allow the kids to come along.

the ones I would have to take with me are 4yo and 2yo, both know how to climb out of a playpen and what is worse is that they do not like to listen to me at all. I say no they do it anyway so I would have to chase those two around someone elses house and hope they dont get into things or break something, No thank you:D :)

ttistin
02-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by JWWB2000
Have you thought about a home based business such as Avon or something like that? If you would like more info, I am sure there are plenty of people on here who sell Avon, including myself, or other things that could and would be able to answer any questions you may have.

It is just an idea for you.

I am not a selling kind of person, at least with people I dont know lol. This kind of thing I am thinking wouldnt be right for me. But thank you for the idea:)

Unicornmom77
02-02-2004, 07:50 PM
I will be praying for you hun!!! I am sorry you are in this bind right now!! You could watch my kids but we live clear down here in Kentucky!! lol I am just starting a really neat homebased business, you can email me if ya wanna know about it!

(((((((((ttistin))))))))))))))

teenies*mom
02-03-2004, 08:09 AM
I hope you think of something soon - everyone needs to pamper themselves once in a while -
I just started babysitting for hubby's grand-daughter yesterday, I'm not really doing it for the money, I just wanted something else to do during the day espcially in the winter when I am home-bound most of the time - she likes coming over here anyway and she is really no problem....
Any you are right too - day care centers around here charge way too much - I know what my step-daughter was paying a week - thats why she asked me if I wanted to do it - plus the day care provider she worked for gets like 21 PAID DAYS OF A YEAR PLUS 2 WEEKS PAID VACATION TOO - meaning my stepdaughter still had to pay her for all those "HOLIDAYS" she would take plus pay for another sitter too:eek:
Thats ridiculous!

jimorrison
02-04-2004, 07:42 AM
You hang in there, remain positive and keep as smile on your face, no matter what and i'm sure something will turn up for you :D

CowNcalves
02-04-2004, 10:14 PM
I can understand on how you feel. My ad for babysitting came out in Sundays paper. I had to call the paper to find out where they put it. I paid $26 for an ad that was stuck at the bottom of the page under a very large ad. You couldn't see it I've only had 1 lady call and she keeps postponing due to the weather. Think I'm going to end up starting my own business. Just need to decide what I want to do.
Hang in there, things will pick up. Spring is just around the corner and parents are going to be looking for babysitters for their school age kids for the summer:cool: