PDA

View Full Version : I am SO Pissed and Scared right now! In Shock!

momfromTN
02-01-2004, 08:43 PM
I was in our room and DH was watching a movie on the couch when there was screaming outside and a banging on the door. The girlfriend of the guy next door, who we barely know, is begging us to let her use the phone because the guy just beat her up and knocked her down. He was screaming at us to mind our own business. I took her inside and called 911. The idiot boyfriend is on our driveway screaming at us that he is going to kick my husband's a** if he goes to jail for this. (we found out later on he was on probation for theft) Well, 3 cop cars and a rescue unit show up not 5 min later. They haul him off and we had to give a statement etc. The guy will be in jail for 24 hours. I am so upset because I am afraid he will retaliate or one of his family will. We have only been here 2 mos and so far have had no problems. In fact we only know these people in passing, like hello and goodbye. Now, my husband travels for business during some weeks. I have a baseball bat and deadbolts and the phone ready for 911. I cannot believe he threatened my husband like that. What the hell were we supposed to do, let him beat her? Kill her? I hope his sorry butt goes back to jail because he violated his probation. If he screws with us we WILL prosecute. The officer told us we could press charges for him threatening my husband, but we said we will let that go for now, since it is the report, but if he makes good on it, he will be hitting the slammer again.

People who beat up on others make me sick. The girl is only 18. Just horrible. Now, I might have to go take one of my Xanax or something. I don't drink, but I could really use one now. EEK!

cpbaby
02-01-2004, 08:46 PM
You did the right things, you really did.

I hope he goes back to jail for a LONG time.

Unicornmom77
02-01-2004, 08:47 PM
OMG!!! I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU HUN!!!! I am so sorry you had to go throught that BUT I am so glad you were there for her!! I hope she doesnt go back, ya know most women do, I know I did for awhile, it took a few times to get some sence knocked into me.... (no pun intended)

Will keep you all in my thoughts!

MamaFairal
02-01-2004, 08:54 PM
you did the right thing but she will go back with him you just watch...lol

Thats exactly why i prefer "NOT" to get to know all my neighbors :)

FrEEbiZ4Me
02-01-2004, 08:56 PM
You did the right thing! God only knows what would of happen if he got a hold of her again.

momfromTN
02-01-2004, 09:03 PM
Well, we watched what we said to her, just in case she does go back to him. Seems like a nice kid. I feel for her.

Dolly<3
02-02-2004, 12:38 AM
Good for you for doing the right thing! Poor girl.

JWWB2000
02-02-2004, 05:54 AM
Oh my gosh! That would rattle me up too. Since it is in the report the guy threatened your hubby, I am sure this will not be taken lightly since he is on probation and they frown upon these things. Just hope the girl follows through with the prosecution on him. I am sure everything will be just fine!

momfromTN
02-02-2004, 06:06 AM
Well, here where we live, the state automatically presses charges. She has no say.

JWWB2000
02-02-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by momfromTN
Well, here where we live, the state automatically presses charges. She has no say.

I was quite unaware of that. Thanks for the insight. I am just glad that crazy guy did not storm into your house after her!!!

ebgreen74
02-02-2004, 06:26 AM
yep in VA the state presses charges too-it should be like that every where but I don't think it is.

momfromTN
02-02-2004, 06:29 AM
Believe it or not, the officer we talked to said he has seen where there is blood on a door of a person who was banging and begging for help and were killed on the doorstep. I just could not let something like that happen. What if it were me, God Forbid.

queenangie
02-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Oh My Goodness! You did the right thing calling 911 and getting help.

I would be afraid also. Makes a person almost want a weapon to protect oneself and ones family against the neighborman who is abusive and threatening.......

schsa
02-02-2004, 09:47 AM
If he has violated his probation, he may be looking at more jail time than just a 24 lock up.

You were right to protect her. Let's just hope that she's smart enough not to go back.

Keep a cell phone near where you are in case you need to call the police during the night. Keep your cars in your garage and lock up. He may not do anything but you never know.

mesue
02-02-2004, 10:03 AM
You did the right thing, I think that kind of situation would scare anyone. Keep that bat handy just in case though it was probably just idle threats. Good Luck!

gemini26
02-02-2004, 04:43 PM
You did the right thing. Kudos to you. I'd have my .44, .38, shotgun, and .22 all handy!

ShelleyG
02-02-2004, 04:50 PM
I would actually get a restraining order on his butt, that way if he tries to retalliate you can have him arrested :)

babymaniac
02-02-2004, 09:38 PM
You did the right thing. It took a lot of guts to help her , some folks wouldn't have wanted to get involved . You may well have saved her life .

momfromTN
02-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Well, the fun has started now. I came home from picking up my son and he was in his driveway with some friends looking at a truck. I said nothing, he said nothing. I came back outside later and dirt, brown dirt had been poured and shaken all over my van. I am waiting for an officer to call me back. I know it sounds silly to call about dirt, but it only adds to his eventual downfall. What a damn coward. My husband, who is out of town for the week, told me he is checking into a surveillance camera and security lighting. I cannot prove he did it, but he is the only one who could have, or one of his little toadies. I swear, grow up, dude!

momfromTN
02-03-2004, 03:53 PM
Of course the officer just told me since we didn't see it happen and there is no actual damage, that nothing can be done. But the good news is that it is now documented. The paper trail begins. Also, I bought a locked gas cap. And this week, I hope beyond all hope that my tax refund is deposited, because we are going security light shopping.

Gitty
02-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Go get a restraining order and stop being nice to him! BTW the GF can get a cell phone to call 911 from the battered womans shelter.

momfromTN
02-03-2004, 06:01 PM
We cannot get a restraining order until he does something else like threaten me. But, I am watching.

queenangie
02-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Please be very careful, momfromTN!

This man is crazy!
If it walks like a duck,
quacks like a duck,
swims like a duck......

Sending you hugs,
Angie

momfromTN
02-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Yep, I just heard him outside cussing at his mother. I have the outside lights on and have cracked my window open so I can hear if he decides to be an ass again. We are getting a motion detection activated outside light and a camera.

cln1812
02-03-2004, 07:17 PM
OMG momfromTN, I would be going nuts if something like that happened to me. I think you did the right thing...

Of course, it's unfortunate, the girl will be back w/ him until she winds up scarred for life or even worse. But I'm glad you've been nice to the girlfriend...it's sad that a lot of women get in this position and don't ask for help for years...if ever...

My prayers are with you.

momfromTN
02-03-2004, 07:25 PM
If she does, then she is on her own. If I hear something, I will call 911 and that is it. I just cannot risk my kids like that.

DAVESBABYDOLL
02-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Be careful mom...hope you get that refund soon,and get those lights up.

{{{HUGS}}}

Ladytiger
02-03-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Gitty
Go get a restraining order and stop being nice to him! BTW the GF can get a cell phone to call 911 from the battered womans shelter.

Yep, this is true...and YOU can get one as well! I hear stories like this too many times a day! You definetly did the right thing. The only thing that I would make sure, and I really hate to say this-but if she does go back, you cannot open the door everytime this happens. She has to know that!
He messed with the wrong woman (you!)WTG!

sugar206
02-04-2004, 01:35 AM
That was cool and brave of you to help the poor girl. Try not to worry about retaition too much but if you feel you are in danger call every available resource. From what it sounds like this punk is a wimp to beat up girls so i don't think he would take on your hubby. Take that xanax and get some rest he is locked up now and if its a probation violiation it should be more than a couple of days.

marcy122
02-04-2004, 06:10 AM
Sorry you got dragged into that mess-but you definitely did the right thing. What a jerk!
Did you call the police about a "disturbance" when he was cussing his mother? I probably would have just to add to his paper trail. What a nut--I sure hope the girl doesn't go back, but like the others said, she probably will.
Stay safe--hugs to you !

CowNcalves
02-04-2004, 10:26 PM
Sorry you had to go through this. I went through something like this a few years ago. A young neighbor with her 4 month old was banging on the door. Her husband had just beat her. I let her in with the hubby banging on my front and back doors, screaming on what he was going to do. The police showed up and removed him and her mother picked her up.
The worse feeling was a week later, seeing that she and the baby went back to him. She wouldn't speak to me after that. I think that she was too embarassed. The husband did confront me once, my hubby had to pull me away. I was beyond mad. Her husband wouldn't look me in the eyes after that. GRRRRR I hate cowards like that

Good luck and hang in there, hopefully this guy will find a new home with bars on the windows