PDA

View Full Version : Petty dog vent

Shann
01-30-2004, 01:45 PM
Ok.. i'm just venting here. No replies are needed. I'm just so frustrated at the fact that in this city i cannot find ONE dog (from the shelters) that will fit into our lifestyles. I can't tell you hwo many places we have been with no avail. I have an almost three year old yorkie that i've been trying to find a companion for, along with us. We do need a smaller dog and it's harder than heck to find one here! UGH. It's just so hard. You go to the shelter, find a dog that might work and put your name under the dog to find out you are number 4 or 6 on the waiting list. Now I can see why people buy from pet stores, but don't worry, we're not going to support them.. I just wish we didn't have a weight requirement for where we live, there are so many big dogs ready to go home that it's unbelievable. Ok.. well that was my petty vent, thanks for letting me get it out. I feel a little better. :)

bethsheree
01-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Have you tried doing a search on here?

http://www.petfinder.com/

Also if you found one that was too far for you to drive they are people that set up transports to get the dog to you.

Good luck and I hope you find a new friend soon.:)

justme23
01-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Does the SPCA have a website for you online? They do here and these animals are kept seperate from the waiting list animals so that they have animals to advertise online!

bethsheree
01-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Also they have a classified section that people list animals on

http://www.petfinder.com/post/post.cgi?action=2&type=P

Shann
01-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Yeah, i've tried all of those. A lot of the places I found online didn't send or ship their animals and I would like for my dog to be able to meet that dog to make sure they got along. She can kind of be snotty sometimes and I don't want a dog that isn't used to playing and would get sick of her trying to play with it or vice versa, does that make sense?

Shann
01-30-2004, 07:42 PM
I got good news! This morning before I wrote this, I put my name on a waiting list for a dog and we got him!!! We were the second ones on it so i didn't think we would get him, but we did! He's so cute! He's an adorable black scottish terrier with a great temprement. Unfortunatley his hair is very matted so I'm shaving him down :( and he's stinky, but it's being taken care of. We have decided on the name Drake and see that he is a good match so far for my puppy. :)