PDA

View Full Version : ok so i'm venting again grrr

ShelleyG
01-29-2004, 09:56 AM
now everyone knows we have been struggling big time to make it, I went down for food stamps and thanks to holiday pay hubby got for new year and christmas we were denied by 12.00, so now we wait all over again to try and get some :( why cant they take that into cosideration, he wouldnt get holiday pay every week ang 12.00 omg we so need food its not funny :mad: :( :confused:

sorry all i just got the letter and I so dont know what to do now I guess I =needed a few huggs

JWWB2000
01-29-2004, 10:00 AM
Huge hugs to you Shelly!!!

okie
01-29-2004, 10:02 AM
I believe you have so many days to contest the decision.I don't know if it would work because i don't know anyone who has actually tried.I know it sucks.That happened to us to right after i had my son.I was working right up until i had him and then i went on maternity leave and they used my income even though i wasn't actually working.

Momof2totsand1teen
01-29-2004, 10:04 AM
(((Hugs))) Sorry you were denied over $12 dollars. That is so stupid they wouldn't take into consideration it was Holiday pay. Hope you can get it next month!

Whitequeen39
01-29-2004, 10:19 AM
I feel for ya...that really stinks, you should appeal it( though that still doesn't help you at the moment), that's not right at all.

ShelleyG
01-29-2004, 10:26 AM
ty all I am reading it to see how to do the appeal Man that aggrivates me so much when we really need it so bad.

I can go with out but not the kids, I have been scrimping so much not eating but 1 time a day for a while now so there is enough, and the pantries I can go to one time a month. Im just stressing :(

Dolly<3
01-29-2004, 10:53 AM
(((((Shelley)))))

schsa
01-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Check with your local churches to see if they have a food bank as well as the county to see if they have a food bank. I still don't understand why in a country where we throw away so much food that anyone should go to bed hungry.

laughsalot
01-29-2004, 11:45 AM
{{{{SHellyG}}}}}

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-29-2004, 11:27 PM
(((((hugs)))))

justinenycole26
01-29-2004, 11:52 PM
There should be a place on the form that asks if there were any circumstances that will change from the time you filled out the app.

Many many moons ago when I applied I had some overtime on one of my check stubs, but since I was not guaranteed overtime and it was not consistent from week to week, they did not count it towards my income.

Call and ask for a supervisor, or ask for an appeal. If you do not get resolution, go higher.

ShelleyG
01-30-2004, 05:52 AM
ty all I am going to, I mean he doesnt get paid for holiday's every check I wish LOL

But he had to work the holiday as well so it was like double time and 1/2 OUCH and 2 checks were that way on christmas and new year day, they both got counted, I mean come on, anyone with a mind would know that was unusual circumstances and he normally wouldnt have gotten that :( GRR makes me so mad, I am going to go to the pantires this week, I am so hoping it has been a full month since the last time, or they will say no to LOL gotta love it. well I dont but ya know. Dont worry if I have pending sales I will get them out for you all, My mom is covering the shipping costs and I had set aside some for shipping as well, My mom helped us out a little but she is on ss and very low income herself man this so bites :(

ty all for your support and not flaming me :( I am looking for a job, I have applications everywhere just calling them all back and finding out the status this week.

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-30-2004, 06:00 AM
Hope it all starts uphill for you soon Shelley. You know I'm here if you need to vent more :) just pm me or email.

Hugs sweety

freeplease
01-30-2004, 07:11 AM
several of his pay stubs to show that it was a one shot deal for the holiday pay? It doesn't seem fair to judge it on one pay period. Sounds like it's time for a call to your local Representative. Make them earn their pay. All mine seems to do is run for office. It is close to election time, maybe he'd be willing to step in if it would get him a vote...
Good luck to you.

Shann
01-30-2004, 01:57 PM
sorry to hear that. {{{Shelly}}} it's really sad how our system works... one family that doesn't need it, gets it while another family that needs it, doesn't get it. :( I hope things get better for you soon.

AngelGrim
01-30-2004, 05:19 PM
They denied my dad over 3.00 seems like they ought to raise the limit cause a lot of people are hurting over the crazy amounts. Hope you are able to get some help somewhere!!

ImaGApeach
01-30-2004, 05:44 PM
{{{SHELLEYG}}}
Sorry about you getting denied.They are soo picky-I cannot get medicaid because they say I make $8 too much. It really sucks the way they do people. I hope things get better for you soon.

ShelleyG
01-31-2004, 06:26 AM
ty all , I just need to get the stress off me for a bit dont know how yet LOL but I have actually been blacking out agian , I am thinking it is my nerves. At least I am hoping that is all it is.

tsquared
01-31-2004, 06:33 AM
wow that sucks big time...work hard all year toi get a Christmas bonus and dufuses cant seem to take that into account.....i am getting some coupons together for you although that is not much but hope it will help.

ShelleyG
01-31-2004, 06:46 AM
{{{{TOM}}}} yes sweetie it helps so much