PDA

View Full Version : I think I must be the worst mother in the whole wide world!!!

ezmoney163
01-27-2004, 07:13 PM
I think I am the worst mom in the whole world!!!

You see I woke up at 6 a.m. this morning and saw DD 's school had a 2 hour delay, so I turn off TV go back to sleep. I get up 2 hours later and get DD ready for school, and send her out to the bus stop. Well the friggin bus didnt come and didnt come. (25 minutes DD stood out there waiting,:eek: ( I sent her out 5 minutes earlier than normal because I thought bus driver may come earlier) So I go out and scrape the inch or more of ice off my car:rolleyes: and get both kids in the Jeep and head off to the school ( Thank heavens it is only 5 minutes away) ( ya know I didnt want her to be late) SO we get there and guess what!! NO ONE was there, not a friggin car in sight!! :mad: I was furious, because since it was after 9 am they took all the closings off TV and Dh who usually tells me when they delay or closed was 250 miles from home so he didnt know either. BUT the part that gets me is my neighbor lady passed our driveway stopped and told my DD that it was cancelled, but DD never said a word to me until after we went to the school. :rolleyes: So needless to say I felt like the worlds meanest moma for making her stand in the cold for 25 minutes. I hate the friggin school district why not just cancell in the first place. :confused: It isn't like they have any days cancelled yet this year!! :mad I wonder how many other parents did the same thing I did from not knowing of it was closed and not just delayed.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent!! It has been one of those long a$$ days Thank the Lord it is almost over. :o

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-27-2004, 07:22 PM
calm down....breathe.....if it's not better then.....find the nearest piece of chocolate and take 2. Everything will be better then!!!

ImaGApeach
01-27-2004, 07:23 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself-it could have happened to anyone-I did something similar one morning-I did not hear the bus go by so I sent my 3 out in the cold and it was also misting-they waited and waited and no bus-mine were late to school that day-My kids have to wait across the street no matter what kind of weather cause the bus driver will not even slow down if they are not and then you never are quite sure when to go out cause she comes anywhere between 7:05-7:35
It's okay-I do not think you are the worst mom ever.

Mrs.Magoo
01-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Don't feel bad. I left my kid at school last week, cause I thought she had cheerleading and they cancelled it. They announced over a load speaker it was cancelled and the kids were expected to tell their parents.

queenangie
01-27-2004, 07:34 PM
I agree - eat chocolate. What if she had been playing in the snow for 25 minutes instead? She'd still have gotten the same amount of cold, and this way, she didn't get wet too. Hope you made her some hot cocoa.

One year at Eastertime, I had to work 3 11-7s at the hospital, not my time zone at all.
(I have never been on a three day drunk, but having my sleep disturbed for that many days, it surely felt like it to me!)
I thought there was one more day of school before Easter break and brought cute candy baskets for my son's Kindergarten class to school at the end of the day, when I picked up my son. Teacher just laughed....she saved the candy until after break for the kids.
Sleep deprivation will do that to all of us.

HumblePie98
01-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Brandy I hear ya!! Monday they cancelled Brentens prechool- and he doesnt go till noon-- And no one even bothered to tell me.

Let's go shopping to ease our minds!!

Jaidness
01-27-2004, 09:25 PM
next time go to cancellations.com and check there! it always saves me

twinkiesmom
01-27-2004, 09:47 PM
I did the same thing last year, but I usually take my kids myself. First, school was delayed 2hrs so then I took em to school 2hrs later. Yeah right. Not a car in sight. They ended up canceling it.

I wouldn't beat yourself up over the idea.

Dolly<3
01-27-2004, 11:26 PM
Aww, it's okay. It really could have happened to anyone. And your DD probably didn't want to go in and tell you in case the woman was wrong and the bus came while she was on her way back or inside.

Schools really should do better at letting people know. Imagine the kids who have a longer walk to the stop! Or parents who leave their kids home alone waiting for the bus and waited a couple hours then went to work! :eek:

It could have been a lot worse.

Dizzyontheweb
01-28-2004, 01:15 AM
Check with your local television stations online. They usu keep an up to date list. Ours updates every so often.

CarolinaBlue
01-28-2004, 05:18 AM
I've done the same thing. When my older son was in kindergarten, we were sitting at the end of our driveway in my car - too cold to stand outside - waiting for the school bus to arrive for the 2 hr delay start. My neighbor down the road had to get in his car and drive all the way up to my house to tell me school was cancelled. Gosh, did I feel dumb! That was my first experience with the school system and inclement weather and I didn't even know that they could issue a cancellation after a 2 hr delay! Needless to say, I never made that mistake again!

wubbywa
01-28-2004, 06:36 AM
I dont know how it is where you all live but here in Michigan students have to be in school so many hours/mins for the whole school year. If we can get away with a 2 hour delay that is what they will try if no improvement in weather that cancel. Hey educators LOVE these days.

JWWB2000
01-28-2004, 06:53 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself. It really could happen to any of us. Maybe she was outside having fun in the snow. Gotta think like a child when this happens and they know there is no school!! Hugs to ya Brandy!!

ezmoney163
01-28-2004, 10:12 AM
Jennifer ~ Chocalate would be great!! LOL (((HUGZ)))

ImaGAPeach ~ The bus driver here is like that too.

Mrs.MAgoo ~ I hate how the school expects the kids to let us know the important things. My DD can not even remember to tell me she needs more shampoo after she used the last of hers. :rolleyes:

queenangie ~ I swear I was awake!! LOL

RAP ~ I agree !!! Lets go shopping!!! Wanna go to my mall or yours . LOL Gotta wait until at least Friday though I am waiting for that income tax check. LOL (((RAP)))

Jaidness ~ I will check this out. I have never heard of it. I will have to see if our school is listed there. TYVM!!

twinkiesmom ~ Couldn't you have just died when you saw no cars there?? I thought I was losing it!! LOL

Amanda ~ thanks!! I agree I could have syill been sitting there wondering why the bus hadn't come yet?? LOL

Dizzyontheweb~ I did check the news stations. By the time we have to get up sor the delay, they are over so I only knew what they had said at 6 a.m. that is when i had found out it was 2 hour delay.

CarolinaBlue ~ I made sure this morning I didn't do it again. I called the district office and said "You having school today or not??" LOL

JWWB2000 ~ Of course you are right she was having fun stomping feet prints in the snow, but I felt so bad cuz it was so cold out. LOL
(((Wendy)))

HumblePie98
01-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by ezmoney163
RAP ~ I agree !!! Lets go shopping!!! Wanna go to my mall or yours . LOL Gotta wait until at least Friday though I am waiting for that income tax check. LOL (((RAP)))

My mall stinks!!! It has zilch!!! Your mall is better!!! We haven't filed income yet. I'm waiting for 1 last W2. We usually do come your way during this time so I can get some new clothes(better selection)

matt111
01-29-2004, 06:40 AM
our district has done this 2 xs this year. my dd is old enough to be home alone but if it was last year i would of had a fit

lassss
01-29-2004, 07:07 AM
Our local news website sends me emails if the school is delayed or closed instead of having to listen to the radio or watching the news. Maybe your local news or radio station website does the same.

rickrock
01-30-2004, 10:15 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself...

Kelsey1224
01-30-2004, 10:38 AM
If this is the worse thing you have done as a parent...then I think your kids are very lucky and they, most likely, will grow up perfectly well adjusted.

Give yourself a break!

ezmoney163
01-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Kelsey1224
If this is the worse thing you have done as a parent...then I think your kids are very lucky and they, most likely, will grow up perfectly well adjusted.

Give yourself a break!

Thanks you so much for saying this!!! ((((HUGZ))))
It makes me feel really good about myself.

nightowl2
01-30-2004, 10:44 PM
Awww your not a mean momma at all hon

{{{ezmoney}}}