PDA

View Full Version : my car and almost crashing today

silvermist
01-27-2004, 05:38 PM
I had a nice experience today of almost crashin. Not lol Well my car is pretty blehy. Like say the whole heat system and air conditioning doesn't work. No defroster nothing. And sometimes the windows ice up from the INSIDE and I have to slave away scraping it even when other cars ar crystal clear from inside and out. Luckily though I discovered a de icer spray and spray that from inside and towel off so it's ok. And also my wheel doesn't turn smoothly and makes screeching sounds sometimes when turning and such. And also sometimes I have to start up in neutral to get the car to work. I guess the tires are cruddy too. So I was going down hill not even going the 30 mph but more like the 20 to 25 down that hill after it snowed and stuff and whooshhh I did a 180 luckily and was able to go back up the hill, make a right on next street and tried going down the hill again. Luckily no car was near me when I did the 180. Like one was almost close and heading my way but not quite so I made it up hill ok. Next time around I was more careful. AND I STILL SKIDDED. Going like 10 miles or so an hour down lol but this time I was able to make it all the way into the parking lot for work. It was like crud when I did the 180 luckily it did the complete 180 and didnt go some other direction. I was trying my best to steer it straight. Guess it was slick there but than I observed other cars and some were going above the speed limit fast and nothin happened with there cars. grrrrr Just pretty bad day to start off with. I definitely need a new car for next winter. I just wanted to hold out till past summer so I can use this car up as much as I could since it will be fine without frost and I can live without air conditiong in summer with windows down. But in winter? With no heat and stuff to defrost windows and keep them unfogged it's a real hazard with all the other problems. My car is like a Pontiac Grand am 92 blah

schsa
01-27-2004, 05:44 PM
I think that you should retire your car. You don't have to buy the most expensive thing on the market but after what you just wrote, I think that your car is a little too dangerous to be on the road.

Good luck hunting for something newer.

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-27-2004, 05:57 PM
I think that you should retire your car. You don't have to buy the most expensive thing on the market but after what you just wrote, I think that your car is a little too dangerous to be on the road.

I have to agree with Schsa on this!

AngelGrim
01-27-2004, 05:58 PM
I have to agree, sounds like that one ought to go or have the power steering fixed and the heater fixed, are you sure it isn't a fuse that is blown on the heat as that was what was wrong with my nephews pontiac grand am, and the steering wheel making that noise is probably the power steering needs fluid, and tires need to be at least half tread to grip, but maybe you could fix that one or get another one. Just a thought.

silvermist
01-27-2004, 06:04 PM
ah well I think most likely I'm holding off till fall before I get a new one. Because this is the first time this has even happened (the skidding) this whole winter. It's also almost spring and the car is just having these problems mainly because of the cold (starting problems, icing, etc.). I really would rather save up during this time to get a really good car rather than buy one now when I don't have enough to get a really nice one with it being so close to spring :( When I buy one I want to get a mor eup to date current one than an older one which will prob end up having problems again anyway sooner or later. I've only had this car since summer too! So that's another reason. All I know is that I can' twait till spring when it's nicer and sunny and no more snow! Just so close lol but not close enough! Luckily my work isn't tat far away. About 5 blocks away to be exact lol but I just don't like walking in the cold to work with cars goin and sometimes twice I've been splashed with junk from cars speeding by. Next time it won't be a Pontiac as I've read about other people withpontiacs with these problems. I know other people with even OLDER 80s cars that run and go better than mine lol I'll just research it out more this time.

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-27-2004, 07:10 PM
If it helps you any...I have a 1991 Subaru Legacy station wagon with 120,000 miles on it and still going. I also have a 1993 Subaru Legacy with 84,000 miles. I won't have another car except Subarus now. But that's just my opinion!!!

MamaFairal
01-27-2004, 10:17 PM
AT LEAST GET YOURSELF SOME NEW TIRES!

AngelGrim
01-28-2004, 09:38 AM
My neighbor has subarus and love them, they have 4 to be exact and can go like crazy all the time.

lisarae
01-29-2004, 08:52 AM
get a Chevy Corsica.. I have a '94, that still runs great. Nothing has ever gone wrong with it other than the paint job. My friend mom still drives hers its a late 80's model. No problems. And my best friend drives a '95 and is a great car also.