PDA

View Full Version : How much more?

KATinKY
01-27-2004, 03:41 PM
ok, alot of you know Aaron had his surgery last Monday, ok, he was starting to better, until Yesterday, he would not drink anything, ok, then we tried pedialyte, and he threw it all back up, and now he has diarhea, not a little, but alot. ok so wouldnt drink anything else, and so this morning, he drunk a few drinks of formula, and kept it down, but wouldnt drink anymore or nothing else. so I take him to the pediatrician today, and we were there a whole 10 minutes, they took him on back, usually do the baby's, anyhow, she dont even listen to him, she just looks at his ears, and say they are not red, but he COULD be getting an ear infection, and she had a student doctor/nurse (whatever) and shows her his top of his mouth where he had surgery, and told her it was still raw, anyhow, she prescribes him benadryl (diphen) and an antibotic, and said it was for his ear infection, excuse me, but I know when there is soemthing wrong with my son, and there is definetly soemthing wrong with him. Now my 6 year old daugher is sick today, she is also throwing up and cant eat, but she is able to keep her drinks down, which Aaron can not do any of that. so please send good vibes this way, that things get better for the both of them. I dont know why Baby Aaron has to go through so much. I am so stressed out and tired, I dont know how much more I can handle. He dont deserve to have to go through all that he has. He has also lost 2 1/2 pounds since thursday, so please pray for them and hope whatever it is, the flu or whatever they get well. I know that is what is wrong with goldie, she played out side all day yesterday and thats obvious, but Aaron I dont know, and dont know why the doctor is saying nothing is wrong, besides he could be getting an ear infection. well thanx for letting me vent.

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-27-2004, 04:00 PM
It sounds to me that the Dr is an idiot. But I hope that you and the kids start feeling better soon.

hmkejma
01-27-2004, 04:03 PM
Prayers and hugs for you and your kids!

schsa
01-27-2004, 05:48 PM
If you don't see really fast improvement, find another doctor for a second opinion. Your baby needs to be treated with extreme care considering what he has gone through.

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-27-2004, 05:59 PM
KATinKY, please keep us updated on Aaron, if you can.

DBackFan
01-27-2004, 06:04 PM
Oh Beth. :( I'm so sorry honey. Just remember you only get what you can handle, see what you get for being so strong! Love ya sweetie, give Aaron a hug for me.

Tas
01-27-2004, 09:11 PM
I don't know how old your son is or what he has been through but if he can't even keep liquids down dehydration could be a serious problem. An easy way to check is by lightly pinching the skin on the back of his hand. If it automatically flatens back down then he isn't dehydrated. If the skin stays peaked from the light pinch then he is dehydrated and that is extremely dangerous in babies. I had a nurse tell me how to do this. You can do it to yourself to see the difference as well. My doctor has also told me before that a baby should be having at least 3 wet diapers a day even when sick.

Don't underestimate your mothers instict and don't hesitate going to a different doctor if you aren't confidant in the one you have. Just because someone made it through medical school doesn't mean they're any good.

Hope everythinggets better. Who knows maye the antibiotic will get whatever is wrong.

KATinKY
01-28-2004, 12:48 AM
Update, well its now going on 3 in the morning, and we just got back from the ER, took Aaron and Goldie, and it was weird, because when we got there, Aaron was so alert and jabbering, and smacking at his sister, and it was like I lied. anyhow, we got him to drink some sprite while we were there, and they said they both had Gast--- something, and gave them a prescribtion for supositories, and they will be fine, so all that worrying and scared for no reason, but I am happy, it could have been more serious, so maybe it was all the good vibes and prayers, so thank you all. But now my oldest son, had started throwing up while we were gone, and still is, so I will call him a doctor tomorrow. Goodness, I am glad I am one of the lucky ones that hardly ever gets sick. (knocking on wood) well I am going to bed, as long as Aaron stays a sleep. Beth