PDA

View Full Version : Some people should NOT be on the road!!

amysusi
01-26-2004, 08:41 PM
That woman!!! If she had even attempted to look in her drivers side window, there was no mistake that the front of my car was right next to her door. But she didn't look. She didn't even signal. Just drifted her way over into my lane. So I hit the brakes, and the horn, and she shoots me this dirty look in her mirror. Excuuuuuse me! Then she can't even control her car. She's drifting all over the lane, and in and out of the next one. When we got to the light, I saw the "problem". A cell phone stuck to her head.

I had a neighbor that had a bumper sticker that said: "Maybe you would drive better if that cell phone was up your a**."

You want some help getting it there?:mad:

(this is just the 3rd incident like this in a month. I never talk & drive. Heck, I hate having a cell phone on me period)

Dolly<3
01-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Ugh! I see people on their cell phones driving too and it irritates me, but I didn't think it could really be THAT much of a distraction. UNTIL some woman ran a red light and came within an inch of hitting me, while talking on her cell phone. I was being extra cautious b/c it was an intersection and I felt like the woman across from me was going to go b/c she looked weird. If it hadn't been for her, that woman would have hit me and it would have been hard.

UGH!

MsLynn
01-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Well i'm on my cell phone constantly and i've NEVER even been close to being in an accident, so i'd say blame the driver not the cell phone

twinkiesmom
01-26-2004, 09:44 PM
The ppl I see driving w/cellphones stuck to their ear aren't paying attention either. I've flung out a few choice words I wouldn't want my kids to hear. When the light is green, it's time to go. Get tf offa your phone n drive.

BigLyd1
01-26-2004, 09:51 PM
You mean it's not just a California thing? Although I know there are some who can talk on their cell phones and drive at the same time, I see way too many distracted drivers who have no business having that thing in their ear.

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-26-2004, 10:34 PM
If MUST use your cell phone when driving then PULL IT OFF THE ROAD!!!!

Damnifiknw
01-26-2004, 10:52 PM
I believe it is against the law where I live to drive while talking on a cell phone. The reason, is because a few cops have been killed by motorists yapping away on their cell phones.

I agree with the bumper sticker....

aimefisher
01-26-2004, 11:23 PM
I want a bumper sticker that says " GET OFF THE PHONE OR GET OFF THE ROAD!"

JKATHERINE
01-27-2004, 05:50 AM
I don't talk on the cell phone a ton when I'm in the car, but when I do, I use a headset and never feel as though my focus has been diverted.

justme23
01-27-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by JKATHERINE
I don't talk on the cell phone a ton when I'm in the car, but when I do, I use a headset and never feel as though my focus has been diverted.

I think this should be the law... and I thought it was here (they had talked about it being a law on the news I thought), but we see just as many ppl on the roads w/ the damn things stuck to their heads it's not even funny. I yell at almost all of them to get off the phone and drive... and my hubby, the ever calm gentleman, just reminds me that they can't hear me due to the doohikey surgically attached to their ears. I think anyone should have a cell phone in the car for emergency purposes, but if you have to use it while driving you should definitely use a hands free device while doing it.

Dolly<3
01-27-2004, 10:16 AM
The law here is that you can't hold it. I think headsets help not just b/c you're not holding it but b/c it helps you focus and stay out of 'phone mode' while you're driving. Or maybe it's just me who gets into phone mode. I concentrate on the call way too much to do it and drive.

That's why it's different than talking with someone in the car.

tmesser
01-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by MsLynn
Well i'm on my cell phone constantly and i've NEVER even been close to being in an accident, so i'd say blame the driver not the cell phone

HOW CAN ANYONE EVEN COME CLOSE TO CONCENTRATING ON THERE DRIVING WHEN THAY HAVE THE DAMN THING STUCK TO THERE EAR. I HAVE TOLD MY HUSBAND OVER AND OVER THE FIRST TIME ANYONE CAUSES AN ACCIDENT THAT INVOLVES OUR CARS I WILL PERSONALLY SHOVE THEIR PHONE WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE. I JUST GOT A CELL PHONE FOR EMERGENCY PURPOSE ONLY AND MOST OF THE TIME I FORGET TO TURN IT ON ANYWAY. WISH MOST PEOPLE WOULD FORGET TO TURN THERES ON.

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-27-2004, 01:29 PM
I agree with you TMESSER!!! Darling Rober is ALWAYS yelling at me because I never have the phone on!!!

Hey, its hard enough to drive, smoke a ciggy, drink pepsi, eat McD's and play with the radio, let alone use a cell phone!!!

tmesser
01-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by JENNIFERCATLADY
I agree with you TMESSER!!! Darling Rober is ALWAYS yelling at me because I never have the phone on!!!

Hey, its hard enough to drive, smoke a ciggy, drink pepsi, eat McD's and play with the radio, let alone use a cell phone!!!

JENNIFERCAT LADY,
YOU ARE MORE TALENTED THAN ME. I CAN ONLY DRIVE AND SMOKE CIGS AT THE SAME TIME. SOMETIMES I DO PLAY WITH THE RADIO. MY DAUGHTER IS ALWAYS HOLLERING AT ME FOR NOT HAVING THE PHONE ONE ESPECIALLY WHEN THE ROADS ARE BAD OH WELL

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-27-2004, 02:24 PM
TMESSER...the key is...keep the pepsi in the cup holder right in front of the radio, as for eating McD's....get the cheeseburger or chicken nuggets happy meal! On a serious note though, I don't do dumb stuff like that when the roads are bad.

GINGER
01-27-2004, 02:41 PM
I was taking my daughter for her 18 month checkup this morning. The roads were not great because of the ice and snow that we had gotten the night before. I am driving the speed limit and some guy comes barrelling up behind me. He switches lanes in order to pass me, and I notice that he has a cell phone to his ear and is talking very animatedly.(hands off steering wheel) He flew past me at a rate of speed that was totally unacceptable for the road conditions. Came to the next light, he tried to stop and ended up doing circles in the middle of the road because of his speed and his lack of attention. I just wish that everyone would realize that they are not the only ones on the road and if the call is that important, please pull over and allow the rest of us to reach our destinations safely.

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-27-2004, 02:51 PM
I agree with you Ginger! Gotta love those idiots!

MamaFairal
01-27-2004, 09:56 PM
Last person who cut me off using a cell phone i followed...........

and they no longer have a phone!

Wait i dreamed that........i will follow them and shove it up their a$$ if they cause me to crash!

gonnascream
01-28-2004, 09:25 AM
when I lived in Louisville, cutting through metro everday, this was a common problem. A guy friend went and got me this bumper sticker that clearly stated "GET OFF THE GODD*MN CELL PHONE & F*CKING DRIVE" after he saw me suffering from severe finger strain.:D

I think the most pricless time was when I was cut off on the watterson by some yahoo on his little phone. I followed him into the mcdonalds parking lot, and told him he had a really nice phone, he said thanks', then I told him it would be even prettier if it was shoved all the way up his a$$. He hadn't even realized he had cut somone off.

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-28-2004, 12:20 PM
I think the most pricless time was when I was cut off on the watterson by some yahoo on his little phone. I followed him into the mcdonalds parking lot, and told him he had a really nice phone, he said thanks', then I told him it would be even prettier if it was shoved all the way up his a$$. He hadn't even realized he had cut somone off.

OMG!!!! That is sooo funny!!!!

Shann
01-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by gonnascream
when I lived in Louisville, cutting through metro everday, this was a common problem. A guy friend went and got me this bumper sticker that clearly stated "GET OFF THE GODD*MN CELL PHONE & F*CKING DRIVE" after he saw me suffering from severe finger strain.:D

Hehe that is funny! There's a lot of that here, plus just a lot of bad drivers. Since when was it acceptable to switch lanes w/o looking to see if anyone was there?? Or turn your turning signal on and assume you have the right to come on over? Or dart across three lanes of BUSY traffic when you can barely make it and the people in the lanes have to slam on their brakes so they don't hit you?? I swear, i've never seen driving like this, i must have been absent when they taught that in drivers ed or it must be what they are taught here? :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: ;) :mad:

Dolly<3
01-28-2004, 11:31 PM
I read in a magazine today that talking on the phone while driving makes you 4x as likely to be in an accident.

twinkiesmom
01-28-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by gonnascream

If I ever get in a situation like that, can I borrow that line! That is awesome!

amysusi
01-29-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by GINGER
I was taking my daughter for her 18 month checkup this morning. The roads were not great because of the ice and snow that we had gotten the night before. I am driving the speed limit and some guy comes barrelling up behind me. He switches lanes in order to pass me, and I notice that he has a cell phone to his ear and is talking very animatedly.(hands off steering wheel) He flew past me at a rate of speed that was totally unacceptable for the road conditions. Came to the next light, he tried to stop and ended up doing circles in the middle of the road because of his speed and his lack of attention. I just wish that everyone would realize that they are not the only ones on the road and if the call is that important, please pull over and allow the rest of us to reach our destinations safely.

And another thing too, when the roads are like that (icey), people think that because they have 4x4's they can still drive like it's summer. Everytime it snows here, and we hear about all the accidents, 99% of the time it's the 4x4's that start it. Highway Patrol has to emphasize CONSTANTLY to slow down, and remind people that 4x4's don't stop any faster than other cars. Ice doesn't discriminate, it makes everyone's brakes innefective just the same.

jan8262
01-29-2004, 04:59 PM
It must be California:

I saw a guy playing the trumpet while driving one day!

What really irritates me is people reading - books, newspapers etc while driving on the highway!

amysusi
01-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Playing the trumpet??

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't know what to say...

justinenycole26
01-30-2004, 03:14 AM
I use my headset when I am on the phone while I am driving. I don't think it's Ok for anyone to try to tell me I can't How is talking on the phone any more distracting than eating?

Have you ever thought that maybe the people would be pi$$ poor drivers WITHOUT the phone?

sendabear
02-01-2004, 11:21 AM
There was a women here about a month ago,
pulled out onto a 2 lane highway
the back half of
an 18-wheeler "ran over the front end of her car"!
The picture of her car was on the front page of our
little town newspaper. She wasn't hurt bad.
How in the world can you NOT see an 18-wheeler????
She had her cell phone jack-up in her ear!

I'm sorry folks but I can not believe that you need
to talk to someone that damn bad that you can not wait
til you get home unless of course ITS AN EMERGENCY.
Or if your a on the road salesman or something,
you can still pull off. But every person I've ever
seen on a cell phone WAS NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE ROAD!!

And yes, there are stupid people who drive
just like there are stupid people who reproduce!

I value my life a little more than those who
read newspapers, put on make-up, eat food and
talk on cell phones while driving. Next time
you may have one of those 18-wheeler's on top
of your car.