PDA

View Full Version : What Movie have you seen lately ?

Safire
01-25-2004, 11:22 PM
I saw Pirates Of The Cribbean and I loved it.
Johnny Depp makes me drool...LOL :D
He said he based his acting on a combo of
Keith Richards and Pepee La Pew,
what I saw was pure Keith and it was too funny
seeing how he had Keith down pat.

So...what have you seen lately and did you like it ?

MsLynn
01-25-2004, 11:30 PM
that was a kewl one, but i just loved open range

cleaningla
01-25-2004, 11:31 PM
I live in Denver and every movie theater within a 10 mile radius has shut down, so we don't go to movies much anymore. :(

We did manage to go see Disney's Haunted Mansion though because we had free tickets. We didn't like the movie but had a good time downtown. :)

brooks45
01-25-2004, 11:42 PM
just watched open range on dvd here at home friday!! it is a movie i could watch several times and enjoy it!!

janelle
01-26-2004, 12:09 AM
I saw Big Fish at the movies the last time we went. Also saw "A Few Good Men" on video. I know it's an old one but new to me. I bought it at a garage sale. They were selling out all their VHS stock, they owned a vidoe store. Going to DVDs. I don't have a DVD yet. My VHS works ok so I'm getting lots of bargains with all the sale outs on VHS. Oh and I watched "Notting Hill" again last night. I wanted a romantic movie to watch and the rental store didn't have any I though was as good as seeing this one again. I'd rather watch a good movie again than a bad one once. I love the sound track to Notting Hill.

teenies*mom
01-26-2004, 03:03 AM
We just rented Once upon a Time in Mexico - I LOVE ANTONIO BENDERAS -
it was a good movie but I liked Desperado better and you really have to see Desperado first to kind of understand Once upon a Time......

We also rented Cabin Fever.... it said it was a HORROR movie but it was more "gore" I think than scary, anyway, it wasn't bad.

I loved Pirates of the Caribbean too, actually we bought the DVD bacause we liked the movie so much.

DreamWarrior
01-26-2004, 04:03 AM
We just got League of Extraordinary Gentlemen on DVD and OMG!!! Its GREAT!!!! I absolutely LOVED that movie!!!

btw... hi...i havent been here in FOREVER... how is every lil thing??? LMAO

catssass
01-26-2004, 06:14 AM
We just saw "Something's Gotta Give" and it was so funny, one of the best movies I have seen in a while, we also saw "Lost in Translation", it was so slow and boring, a couple actually left the theater, my hubby started to doze off and I just thought it was a strange movie, the reviews said it was "hillarious", I guess I have no sense of humor...lol

cSoReNSoN
01-26-2004, 06:36 AM
I just saw "Along Came Polly" last night. Awesome movie!

cSoReNSoN
01-26-2004, 07:11 AM
My dad purchased "The Recruit" and "Phonebooth" for me on Friday. I saw both at the show when they were intially released, but one can never get enough of Colin Farrell Yummmmm! Forgot to add, I recently received "American Wedding" on dvd, as well, the previous weekend. I loved it at the show and have watched it once, so far!!

Anthill
01-26-2004, 07:17 AM
On New Year's Day, we went and saw "Lord of the Rings", the final movie. Not seeing the first 2 I can't really give an honest opionion. It was good, just not my kind of movie. I also saw Pirates in the movie theater and thought when that movie comes out on DVD everyone I know is getting that DVD for X-mas. And they did, I bought like 10 of em, and kept one for myself. I have watched that movie like 20 times now. I loved Johnny Dep in that.

We just bought Once Upon a Time in Mexico also. If you bought the double DVD of Desparado and El Mariachi for 19.99 then you got Once upon for 15.99. I don't usually like when they do that, because we buy the DVD's once they come out and thena year later they give you some deal and I don't think that's fair for the people who buy the DVD right away, but this time we were able to take advantage since we didn't have desparado. BUt like someone else said, you have to watch Desparado to understand Once upon. I havent' seen Desparado since it came out. So I was a little confused, but I still liked it. Johnny Depp was also good in that. We bought Open Range but have not watched that yet. We also bought Stargate the latest season and w/ that came a special DVD for the show "Jeramiah". So we have been watching that show we bought the first season on DVD and it's pretty good.

Syrinx
01-26-2004, 07:21 AM
I loved Pirates, saw it twice in the theatre and then bought the dvd- it was worth buying just for the bloopers, lol. I'm very excited that there's going to be a sequel.

Last movie I saw in the theatre was Peter Pan- it's one of my favorite books from my childhood and I was really happy with the movie. Way better than any of the previous movie versions!

Last couple of movies my husband and I rented were League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Underworld. I thought both were very good.

suziebee20
01-26-2004, 07:41 AM
Last theater movie was Cheaper By the Dozen. I really liked it. I also just got around to seeing Finding Nemo, which was cute.

flute
01-26-2004, 07:43 AM
Lately let's see
Underworld - where werewolves battle vampires. (or vice versa) not bad. :)