PDA

View Full Version : Can you offer me a place to stay for a day or two?

freeluv
01-25-2004, 05:26 PM
Ok, so here is my strange but true....
I am very ambitious, and I have goals for myself. I want to make a difference, and I want to help make changes. Here is a brief story:
I am engaged to be married and I have been with the same guy for 7 years and he finally proposed last May. Since then, we have tried to plan a wedding, very unsuccessfully...and it is straining our relationship to the point that I need to get away. I live in NH and will be setting out soon(no job right now, so nothing to tie me down). Now here is the really exciting part..I am going to try and write a book while I am gone, about my experiences in the United States. I want to get in touch with the different regions of America and then when I come back, write a book on it. And I really want to get involved with making positive changes in this country. I figure if I travel for a month or two, I should have plenty of material, and plenty of fire to get me to do the things I have always intentioned to do, but never have. I figure there is no time like the present. I want to do this and before I get married, I want to make sure it is really what I want. I need to get out there and see things and meet people who might influence me and help me on my path to discovery. And here is where all my friends here come into play..

I am asking if you would be willing to put me up for a day or two in your area. I won't stay longer than that(unless you REALLY like me and only if you suggest it, I will not ask to stay longer than 2 days). I know this is the weirdest thing ever, and many will flame me for asking, I am sure...but I need this for my sanity's sake, and also, I think it would be a great way to meet some of my fellow BBS friends!!

But, if after all my ranting and raving, you are interested, and would be willing to share your home with me for 1 or 2 days, then please email me at tourthecountry@yahoo.com
Thanks and whether offer of a place to stay, a good luck or a flame, I look forward to hearing from everyone!
Kara

Damnifiknw
01-25-2004, 05:45 PM
LOL ~ I like your style.

I'm not going to bash you, I think it's a cool idea. BTW Where are you from originally?

Good Luck & Becareful!

Quaker_Parrots
01-25-2004, 05:51 PM
Good luck hun. PLEASE BE CAREFUL. never know who is on the other end of the PC. (I would meet your hosts for the 2 days in a neutral spot) Understand needing a break thing, me and hubby have been together 10years, lol, and sometimes I would love to run away(especially when he starts acting like one of the kids, and grinds on my nerves) (but of course I have 2 kids too, so I wouldn't get far) Hope everything works out for you.

freeluv
01-25-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Damnifiknw
LOL ~ I like your style.

I'm not going to bash you, I think it's a cool idea. BTW Where are you from originally?

Good Luck & Becareful!

I live in NH..Thanks for the warnings guys..I know, it is crazy, but I truly belive that things happen for a reason, so I guess we will see what happens!!!
Hugs!!!
Kara :)

heartlvrs
01-25-2004, 06:06 PM
Hey come on this way! I even have a travel trailer you could stay in away from the house:)

freeluv
01-25-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by heartlvrs
Hey come on this way! I even have a travel trailer you could stay in away from the house:)

OK Loretta, you are on!! LOL
I have some family in NC, in Fayetteville, so I can make a pit stop to see them as well, so I know I will definately be heading that way..email me hun!
Kara
tourthecountry@yahoo.com

Damnifiknw
01-25-2004, 06:15 PM
Oh ok.. I was thinking you weren't from the United States originally when I read this part.
about my experiences in the United States My bad...

Be careful, cause you may not be a psycho but there are a lot who are lurking behind the monitor. :)

Hope you accomplish what you are after. =)

DBackFan
01-25-2004, 06:24 PM
If you want to come clear across country I would love to have you in Bakersfield, Ca!! I would love to meet you and I like company. :) I have a nice guest room too. ;)

belleofpa
01-25-2004, 06:37 PM
You didnt say when you are planning your little adventure. I only have a one bedroom apartment with 3 cats, 1 dog, and a boyfriend..but what the heck..the more the merrier! :) The couch is always free :D

freeluv
01-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by DBackFan
If you want to come clear across country I would love to have you in Bakersfield, Ca!! I would love to meet you and I like company. :) I have a nice guest room too. ;)

I am all for it, Tami!
And while I am out there with you, we can do Atkins together!!!!

freeluv
01-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by belleofpa
You didnt say when you are planning your little adventure. I only have a one bedroom apartment with 3 cats, 1 dog, and a boyfriend..but what the heck..the more the merrier! :) The couch is always free :D
Hey, PA is a great stopping point! Email me!
tourthecountry@yahoo.com

MamaFairal
01-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Hey i am from NH(moved to KC in 2002)

I knew a Kara in NH......do you have a kid named Charity who lives with your mom?? In Manchester????
Jay & Candy Young/Julie Mead ring a bell?? Is this you?????

reneep45
01-25-2004, 08:13 PM
i'm in ohio ,,, do you do dishes ??? lol !!! i have three empty rooms upstairs, you are welcome here !!
reneep45@yahoo.com

freeluv
01-25-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by MamaFairal
Hey i am from NH(moved to KC in 2002)

I knew a Kara in NH......do you have a kid named Charity who lives with your mom?? In Manchester????
Jay & Candy Young/Julie Mead ring a bell?? Is this you?????

Well, I am Kara in Manchester, but I have no children(that I know of, lol), but that is just too weird..lol...that is just too funny tho! LOL
How old are you? and where did you go to school?

ImaGApeach
01-25-2004, 08:46 PM
Sounds like fun-I'd love to go traveling like that but I have a few more yrs before my kids are grown. When are you leaving? Do you know which direction you are heading in first? I'm in Ga-I'm not sure where you'd stay(my place is small) but if my husband and me get divorced-(I'm afraid he would not think its a good idea) I'd love to meet a BBSer-So let me know what your plans are.
If nothing else if you get this way we could still meet.

freeluv
01-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by reneep45
i'm in ohio ,,, do you do dishes ??? lol !!! i have three empty rooms upstairs, you are welcome here !!
reneep45@yahoo.com
Well, I CAN do dishes! LOL I am steadily building a list of people whp are willing to take a chance with me! I am so excited! LOL
So far, PA, NC, CA, OH, MI, MO..woohoo! If you are willing to let me hang out with you, please email me at tourthecountry@yahoo.com and lmk where you are located. I am busy selling my stockpile stuff so I can build up a "fund"..plus I am trying to think of ways I can make some money on the road along the way, so if anyone has any ideas, plmk!
tourthecountry@yahoo.com

freeluv
01-25-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by ImaGApeach
Sounds like fun-I'd love to go traveling like that but I have a few more yrs before my kids are grown. When are you leaving? Do you know which direction you are heading in first? I'm in Ga-I'm not sure where you'd stay(my place is small) but if my husband and me get divorced-(I'm afraid he would not think its a good idea) I'd love to meet a BBSer-So let me know what your plans are.
If nothing else if you get this way we could still meet.

Well Aletta,
I will be going to NC so I am pretty sure I can get to GA along the way! LOL
I really don't hope you get a divorce, but I know things are rough at home for you too..with the hubby and kids being so difficult, wish I could take you along with me for the trip! But I'm afraid the house would be gone by the time you came back...but I will definately take up your offer to visit for lunch or something if nothing else!!
Kara
tourthecountry@yahoo.com

MamaFairal
01-25-2004, 09:20 PM
PM'd ya :)

freeluv
01-25-2004, 09:25 PM
Pmed ya back! LOL
Kara

reckless
01-25-2004, 10:13 PM
sweetie, are you seriously considering staying in homes of people you have never met except online? and are yall really gonna let someone you don't know come and stay in your house with you and your children? call me cynical, but that is just asking to murdered in your sleep. i know most people are safe and sane, but appearances can be deceiving. just be careful all parties involved.

DBackFan
01-25-2004, 11:37 PM
reckless, you haven't been here long but even though we have never met, most of us are like family here. :)

teenap
01-26-2004, 03:10 AM
You know you can always stay here, not exactly what you were looking for...but puppy likes you...just bring him some snacks!

mikang
01-26-2004, 03:27 AM
I emailed you! I'm in Arkansas if you get this way I have an extra bed! Me, hubby, son, dogs and cats would welcome you in!

Gitty
01-26-2004, 04:09 AM
Well did you decide when you would be making this trip? If you wait till warm weather, when you don't have someone to stay with, the state parks are always a great place to pitch a tent for a cheap price. And there is usually alot to do around the state parks. You could do camping, fishing, photography, hiking, canoing, rafting, mountain climbing, wild life watching, etc. Also truck stops have showers for about $7.00, and washers and dryers. Also most all states have a travel guide they will send you with maps and activities and some even have coupons. Also if you can get one, a CB can come in handy, and a mini fridge that plugs into you lighter would be great too, to keep sandwich fixings, milk or yogurt, and carry cereal and a bowl & spoon. You can always get condiments at restaurants. If you don't already have it get AAA(can also get maps here and info) or Allstate for tows, it's very well worth it if anything happens. I wish you lots of luck and fun!

freeluv
01-26-2004, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by teenap
You know you can always stay here, not exactly what you were looking for...but puppy likes you...just bring him some snacks!
Wow, that would be some road trip! LOL! A whole 20 minute ride! LMAO!!! But you are more than welcome to join me, I am sure you could use an escape..lol!! I am sure you know what I mean, I am just ready to BURST..huge-huge blowout, and I just need a break..and since you are ok(relatively speaking, of course ;) ! J/K), I figure I can take my chances with some of my other "family" here! ;)
Email me if you want to chat..you know how it goes...and you know Chad, so you can probably sympathize with me!!! WAAAHHH!

freeluv
01-26-2004, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by reckless
sweetie, are you seriously considering staying in homes of people you have never met except online? and are yall really gonna let someone you don't know come and stay in your house with you and your children? call me cynical, but that is just asking to murdered in your sleep. i know most people are safe and sane, but appearances can be deceiving. just be careful all parties involved.

Thanks again for the concernm but like I said before, I will be careful..most of the people on here are just like Tami said, my "family". I have met more than a couple who are local already, and I doubt that the ones who are not local to me are the psycho murderers you believe us to be..lol..I have been on the boards here a LONG time and while it is true, you can never know if someone is for real, it would be hard for these guys and girls to fake whole lives for years! I think that if you knew the situations of the people I am asking this of, you would understand that we all know each other pretty well, on or off line..and really, my philosophy is this, how well do you know ANYONE? Which is one of the reasons I am doing this, I am not sure I even know myself anymore, and need to go find myself! So I think I will not worry too much about Loretta, Tami, Tina, Angie, Renee....LOL :) {{{Hugs}}}
Again, thanks for the concern!

freeluv
01-26-2004, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by mikang
I emailed you! I'm in Arkansas if you get this way I have an extra bed! Me, hubby, son, dogs and cats would welcome you in!

Yeah! Thanks Angie, add AR to the list!! I will be on my way from one side of the country to the other on I-40 and Arkansas is on the way!!!!

freeluv
01-26-2004, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Gitty
Well did you decide when you would be making this trip? If you wait till warm weather, when you don't have someone to stay with, the state parks are always a great place to pitch a tent for a cheap price. And there is usually alot to do around the state parks. You could do camping, fishing, photography, hiking, canoing, rafting, mountain climbing, wild life watching, etc. Also truck stops have showers for about $7.00, and washers and dryers. Also most all states have a travel guide they will send you with maps and activities and some even have coupons. Also if you can get one, a CB can come in handy, and a mini fridge that plugs into you lighter would be great too, to keep sandwich fixings, milk or yogurt, and carry cereal and a bowl & spoon. You can always get condiments at restaurants. If you don't already have it get AAA(can also get maps here and info) or Allstate for tows, it's very well worth it if anything happens. I wish you lots of luck and fun!
I am working on getting the funds together right now, hopefully it will be sooner than later..but you had some very good ideas!
I bought a heater/cooler for the car from Target over xmas, my dada has a CB I can borrow. I am a member of AAA(wouldn't go without it!) and the state parks are a good idea if I am in warmer territory(once I start going out west),plus the truck stops for showers is a great tip to keep in mind if I end up too far between stops(but it is looking pretty good right now, so pretty well placed stops along the way!!) It will probably be the trip back from the west that I will need that most, but truthfully, I have done alot of driving(I used to deliver lost luggage for the airport) and would be on the road for days a a time going all over New England to drop off bags, so I have a pretty good idea how much being on the road for long periods of time would stink..lol..so that is why I am SO extra glad for all my fam here who is willing to put my whiny butt up for a day or two so I can shower and walk around a bit! LOL
Hopefully I will come back refreshed and more sure of myself! :)
Kara

DAVESBABYDOLL
01-26-2004, 05:13 AM
pm'd ya :)

freeluv
01-26-2004, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by DAVESBABYDOLL
pm'd ya :)

Got it!! Add OH to the list baby!!! Woohoo!! Sheila and I gonna party!! ;)
What will T think?? Uh oh, I think he is gonna be JEALOUS!!!! ;)
Kara

Blackerose
01-26-2004, 06:32 AM
If you don't mind sleeping on a couch, you can come visit me in FL. I live a few minutes from the beach. No dogs, 1 cat, 2 kids and 1 hubby.

heymom
01-26-2004, 09:13 AM
I emailed you. We would love to have you stay for a few days. And you wouldn't have to do dishes ;) lol

freeluv
01-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Marinafk
If you don't mind sleeping on a couch, you can come visit me in FL. I live a few minutes from the beach. No dogs, 1 cat, 2 kids and 1 hubby.
Marina,
I would SO love to visit you too!!! I am so glad all my friends are willing to open their hearts and homes to me!!!
Email me hun at tourthecountry@yahoo.com
I am starting a yahoo group so that I can post updates and info and kind of an informal get to know people forum. So email me and I will get you on the list, plus we can chat!!!

Unicornmom77
01-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Well, add me to the crazies list, I would love for ya to stop buy here in Kentucky, If you can make it this way I would sure enjoy some company!!!

I will email ya hun!

~Wendy

freeluv
01-26-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by heymom
I emailed you. We would love to have you stay for a few days. And you wouldn't have to do dishes ;) lol
Melody,
Thanks again for your offer! I am just excited beyond belief now!!
I am so thankful for everyones kindness...you should see what was written about me at a not so friendly other board..lol..it was crazy, people saying I should go to a homeless shelter, get a job cause I am a lazy..., saying I don't deserve Chad, we should call off the wedding and that I am immature..lol..it was insane!
I am so happy for the support of my TRUE FRIENDS here at BBS!!!!
I will let you know when I get the email group set up today!

freeluv
01-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Unicornmom77
Well, add me to the crazies list, I would love for ya to stop buy here in Kentucky, If you can make it this way I would sure enjoy some company!!!

I will email ya hun!

~Wendy

You betcha Wendy!!! I have some family in OH/KY, but I am not sure I want to stay with them..lol..I would rather stay with you and then maybe just visit them for dinner, which I am sure they will make me pay for..lol..those kind, ya know??
So, this is getting great! I have so many stops along the way, by the time I am done, I will be gone for months! LOL
But it will be worth it, to meet and visit all the great friends I have here at BBS!!!

hockeymom
01-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Just wanted to say good luck with all of this:D and keep me updated. Wish I could go too, think hubby and the kids will miss me?

Hockeymom

Kelsey1224
01-26-2004, 01:46 PM
Let me get this straight...you want some away time from your fiance so you are going on an aimless roadtrip?

WHATTA KICK!!! Sounds exciting. I wish I had the nerve to do something like that.

What does Chad think about it?

Ethereal
01-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Well if you get all the way up in middle of nowhere MI, I live in Traverse City. it's pretty in the summer but right now we have TONS of snow. I always like meeting new people though!!

freeluv
01-26-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by hockeymom
Just wanted to say good luck with all of this:D and keep me updated. Wish I could go too, think hubby and the kids will miss me?

Hockeymom

Probably not..lol..except when they got hungry!! LMAO!
How's DD doing now anyways? I forgot to ask when I saw the post..sorry..been a little preoccupied..and I got the email about the coupons too, I just am not at home so I don't have the original list either..lol..I will email it back when I get home tonight!

freeluv
01-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Kelsey1224
Let me get this straight...you want some away time from your fiance so you are going on an aimless roadtrip?

WHATTA KICK!!! Sounds exciting. I wish I had the nerve to do something like that.

What does Chad think about it?

Yes maam, that about sums it up! He is fine with it actualy! LOL
Kara

belleofpa
01-26-2004, 04:28 PM
I joined the yahoo group, and even made the first post!!! But Kara..it hasnt posted yet, what gives?

DBackFan
01-26-2004, 04:45 PM
I posted 2 or 3 hours ago and not showing either. Says it has to be moderator approved ;)

freeluv
01-26-2004, 06:34 PM
Sorry yall! I thought it was set to auto approve, but I went in and approved it!!

MsLynn
01-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by freeluv
Yeah! Thanks Angie, add AR to the list!! I will be on my way from one side of the country to the other on I-40 and Arkansas is on the way!!!!

if ya stay with her i'm just across the border in OK, i'd like to come meet up with ya'll for lunch or something

freeluv
01-27-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by MsLynn
if ya stay with her i'm just across the border in OK, i'd like to come meet up with ya'll for lunch or something

Well, I would love to visit in your "sucky little town"..lol, which I am sure, is not so sucky!!!!
Email me so you can join the group!
tourthecountry@yahoo.com

hmkejma
01-27-2004, 03:54 PM
I'm in Minnesota ! if you get this way I have a top buck you can have for a couple of nights .My bf thinks I am a little nuts as it is. This will prove it to him!LOL My kids will would love it!

ImaGApeach
01-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Can I join your yahoo group too?
imagapeach2003@yahoo.com

freeluv
01-28-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by hmkejma
I'm in Minnesota ! if you get this way I have a top buck you can have for a couple of nights .My bf thinks I am a little nuts as it is. This will prove it to him!LOL My kids will would love it!

LOL! Well, I am mostly normal, so that may disappoint him, but I am doing a very crazy thing..lol
Email me and then I will get you in the group. I am deciding the best route now and trying to figure out the best time to go!
tourthecountry@yahoo.com

freeluv
01-28-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by ImaGApeach
Can I join your yahoo group too?
imagapeach2003@yahoo.com
I just need ya to email me at tourthecountry@yahoo.com and I will send out the invite! I coulda sworn I sent ya one..lol

Shann
01-28-2004, 11:36 PM
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! I wish you well since I don't think I can really help. Small place with a psycho dog.. lol ok she's not psycho, just likes to bark ;)

Babygurl03
01-29-2004, 03:48 AM
If ur in Nc around Raleigh We can have lunch or dinner somthin lol

freeluv
01-29-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by shannykitty
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! I wish you well since I don't think I can really help. Small place with a psycho dog.. lol ok she's not psycho, just likes to bark ;)
Well, we may be out there this fall to get married in Vegas...lol, after my wandering!

freeluv
01-29-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Babygurl03
If ur in Nc around Raleigh We can have lunch or dinner somthin lol
Well, I will be probably going by Raleigh, if I calculate correctly! I love Southern food(biscuits and sausage and eggs-Bob Evans, here I come! LOL)
Kara

Blackerose
01-30-2004, 09:39 AM
You can get all the Bob Evans you want down here! :)

freeluv
01-30-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Marinafk
You can get all the Bob Evans you want down here! :)

I would love to come hang in FL with you Marina and eat Bob Evans on the beach!! LOL
K