PDA

View Full Version : Target? Never Again!!

schsa
01-25-2004, 01:05 PM
It just ticks me off every time I go in there. I have only shopped in their stores three or four times tops. Every time I have their sale ad. Every time the merchandise I want isn't on the floor. Every time they have to call three or four people to see what the problem is and every time they don't know where the merchandise is. I am never going in there again. They are going the way of KMart as far as I am concerned. Big ad, no stuff.

karefree
01-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Target isn't one of my favorite stores either but there are people who love it. I have gotten a few excellent buys from their end cap sales. I got the biggest George Forman electric grill for outside use for $49 instead of the $100 it originally went for. Sorry your trips there have been so frustrating for you. I react to K-Mart about the same way. Not an item in our store is price marked and they have none of the handy price scanners located all over their store such as Target and Wal-Mart does. I guess they expect people to just load their carts without knowing the prices of anything. LOL! I try to avoid K-Mart for my blood presures sake.

suziebee20
01-25-2004, 01:27 PM
Ya know, I read all these posts about Targets and WalMarts and other stores being horrible and never doing what is right... and I think I must be really lucky because I've never had any of those problems here. I do hate out K-mart though because it's really nasty but every other K-mart I've been to is fine. Guess we were blessed with good stores here. As far as our Target goes, when there are bigger items like sheet sets and wuch on sale and they sell out or they arn't there (if they carry the item) there is already a big stack of raincheck forms in the spot where the item would be. Sorry they never have what you are looking for and you don't get anywhere calling their people up.

justme23
01-25-2004, 02:07 PM
I don't shop anywhere but Target. We always find what's on sale on the floor and the end caps always make my day. I'm an impulse buyer and love the end caps. My husband (3 or 4 years before we married) got a returned and placed on the endcap cd/stereo for 40 bucks that was originally 200. Nothin wrong w/ it, don't know why it was returned. I hate wal-mart and kmart, but if we ever lost our Target I'd just die.

Dolly<3
01-25-2004, 03:03 PM
I've always loved Target, but we don't have one here. The last time I was in one it really sucked. So I guess it depends where it was. When I worked at target, it was in a mall so they probably kept more stuff and took better care of the store.

schsa
01-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Why run an ad if you don't have the merchandise or at least have a disclaimer somewhere that states that the merchandise had not arrived. There were three people wandering around trying to find out what happened to the merchandise in the ad. If you don't have it in stock for whatever reason, let the customer know. I waited 20 minutes before someone said that they didn't know where it was. And no one spoke to me directly or made any attempt to apologize or even to notify me when the merchandise arrived.

CowNcalves
01-25-2004, 07:53 PM
I don't mind target. I know that when I get done shopping to go to the customer service desk and get refunds for everything that I was overcharged with. I have never walked out of a target without having to stop there. But since I know that this is a problem with at least 2 stores in my area, I can get it fixed without having to make a seperate trip. Explains why I have only shopped there 4 times in the past year:)

Gitty
01-26-2004, 02:50 AM
There ought to be a law thats says if the store doesn't have the items that are on sale and in their ad, the rain-check for the item should give the customer a extra 25% off of the sale price. That would make the stores more diligent on having the products when the sales ads go out!

schsa
01-26-2004, 08:35 AM
I sent a letter through Planet Feedback. I doubt if I will hear anything but I thought that someone needed to know what was going on at that store.

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-26-2004, 11:39 AM
I've been to Target one time and I was NOT impressed with it.

Ladytiger
01-26-2004, 06:06 PM
I LOVE our Target here. It's a supercenter, it's never overcrowded like Walmart (PU!)Customer service has always been nice to me, and if they don't have what's in they ad, they substitute something (Meijers does that too). I have since boycotted KMart, Walmart is next on the hit list. Sorry for your bad experience Schsa.

Damnifiknw
01-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by schsa
It just ticks me off every time I go in there. I have only shopped in their stores three or four times tops. Every time I have their sale ad. Every time the merchandise I want isn't on the floor. Every time they have to call three or four people to see what the problem is and every time they don't know where the merchandise is. I am never going in there again. They are going the way of KMart as far as I am concerned. Big ad, no stuff.

They see you coming and hurry to remove everything off the selves. The emplyees are told to play stupid when you asked about the merchandise. LOL

Seriously, Try shopping at a different store where they don't know you. Maybe you'll have better luck finding what you are after.
(It's all a joke so don't take it to heart.)

VALENA-)45
01-26-2004, 10:21 PM
THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE AN ITEM IN THE SALES PAPER FOR ONE OF THESE STORES. CALL THE STORE AND ASK FOR THE MANAGER, ASK HIM IF THEY HAVE THE PRODUCT THAT YOU WANT AND IF HE WOULDN'T MIND TAKING IT UP TO CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK , SO THAT YOU CAN PICK IT UP WHEN YOU COME IN HIS STORE TO SHOP. ITO BAD THAT AMES AND CALDORS WENT BANKRUPT. I LOVED THOSE STORE AND NOT ONLY THAT, I SHOPPED THERE SO MUCH THAT I KNEW THE MANAGER, BY THEIR NAMES, AND WOULD CALL AND ASK FOR THEM TO HOLD A FEW ITEMS FOR ME, I WILL BE THERE ON SUCH AND SUCH A DATE, DURING THAT WEEK TO GET THE ITEMS. THE STORES LIKE TARGET AND WAL-MART, ACT LIKE THEY ARE PAYING YOU TO SHOP THERE. THEY ALSO ACT LIKE, THE DON'T CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE, OR CUSTOMER RELATIONS. WAL-MART AND I HAVE FIGHTS WHEN I GO IN THERE, CAUSE THEY NEVER HAVE THE ITEM I WANT EVEN WHEN I CALL THEM AND ASK, FIRST. THEY SAY THAT ITEM IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE FOR THIS STATE, AND I SAY "WHY HAVE IT IN THE CIRCULAR, IF THIS STATE, CAN'T GET IT. WAL-MART DID DO ME RIGHT, WHEN I BOUGHT A ROTISORE, FROM THEIR STORE AND IT WAS BROKE AND I HAD TO RETURN IT TO THEM. I TOLD THEM THAT I HAD CAUGHT A CAB HOME WITH IT AND THERE WAS NO WAY I WAS GETTING ON A BUS WITH IT TO BRING IT BACK TO THEM. THEY PAID FOR MY CABFARE THERE AND BACK AFTER I CALLED THEIR COPORATE HEADQUAARTERS, AND STATED MY CASE. ALL THINGS DO NOT ALWAYS END WELL.

JWWB2000
01-27-2004, 07:23 AM
It almost sounds like there is a management problem in that store. Here in Maryland, I do not have a problem with our local Target. In fact, this in basically the only place I go to get a lot of my stuff. Always ask for a raincheck for the item in the sales ad you would like to purchase and just give the store a call back to see when their next shipment is expected to arrive.

Hugs to you for the bad experience!!

Dizzyontheweb
01-27-2004, 10:25 AM
My 17 yr old daughter works at the supertarget close to us and has a little over a year. She has been trained to cover all areas but the backroom. But if you encounter her on the floor stocking, she may not know where something is. Her official title is cashier, but sometimes she is pulled off to work stock on the sales floor, or work the food alley or even the customer service desk. She only works a few hours a week, so she can not keep up with everything that is changed or on sale though she tries.
I too love the end of aisle clearances! I rarely shop there cause walmart is so much cheaper and in the same parking lot.

BigLyd1
01-27-2004, 10:27 AM
It probably has a lot to do with that particular store, management, and area. I personally prefer Target to Wal-Mart. I haven't been to K-Mart in ages. The place where I won't go anymore because they're always out of stuff, even on the first morning, is Rite Aid.

Lora_1994
01-27-2004, 10:27 PM
my mom was going to buy a fan from Target a couple of years ago. Went in on a Sunday morning, the MORNING the sale started. She searched the whole store, finally went up to customer service and they told her they didnt have them in, that the flyers for their store were the WRONG ONES. They were for another state and they didnt have any of the products in. And the ones that were WERE NOT on sale.

I told her, I would have DEMANDED to get it at sale price. But she's too kindhearted and left it be.