PDA

View Full Version : We're having an Ice Storm

intimidator329
01-25-2004, 12:52 PM
My pick 'em twuck is frozen.
We spent 45 minutes scraping the ice off at 9:00 this morning so we could go just 5 minutes down the road to get a paper and hubby's coffee and when we got back the truck was refroze. We can't open the doors at all. I forgot to get my purse out:rolleyes:. It only took minutes for the windshield to be completely covered again.
my poor dog won't go poop. She's gettin beat in the head by freezin rain and sleet. she runs out there long enough to get in a quick pee. Even my ducks are frozen. I hope they don't die.
I saw a squirrel with his tail stuck up in the air.:D He was taken shelter in the tree next to my window. He even looked at me and had the expression of "are you going to let me in?!!".

It's such a mess out there. My dad won't scrape off the sidewalk so I can take Tigger out. Ok, so it may ice over again but I think that better them me slipping and breaking a bone. I have boots but on ice they don't work. I definetly can't afford another hospital bill.

why can't this be snow. tigger loves snow. she'll poop in snow!

schsa
01-25-2004, 12:59 PM
We are having cold mucky rain. It has been a horrible winter here. Hardly a day has been nice and most of the weekends have been lousy.

Sorry about your ice. We are too near the ocean so ice is not normal except once or twice in February and then everything shuts down until it melts.

MamaFairal
01-25-2004, 02:28 PM
we got the same yukky ice storm but it wasnt as bad as i thought it was gonna be.
We went down to clean off my truck and i started it and let it run and then scraped off all the ice..which came off rather easily :)
But i agree....would much rather deal with snow .....lol

belleofpa
01-25-2004, 02:40 PM
You can have all of my snow, I'm tired of it. Its been below zero here for over a week and expected to be this way for at least another 2!! I cant take any more!! :( I need to be back out in the woods camping

Kyla Kym
01-25-2004, 02:43 PM
It's like a spring day here today. I have the doors open and thinking about maybe switching on the AC for awhile. :)

Maybe you need to get her some doggy boots. :)

GINGER
01-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Started off with freezing rain this morning that left a sheet of ice all over everything. it then turned to sleet. We have about an inch of sleet. Than about an hour ago, I looked out and it was snowing.
It was bad enough that Sears called me and cancelled a picture appointment scheduled for my daughter.

slip slidin' away...

littlebell
01-25-2004, 03:06 PM
It started to snow this morning but they are calling for freezing rain tonight the roads here in NC where i live are bad just with the snow and what makes it really bad is this people don't know how to drive in the snow or ice They think they can go the speed limit or faster

wubbywa
01-25-2004, 03:34 PM
Gee I am in Michigan and it is cold but no rain/sleet or snow today, possible tonight though. Every weather channel is different.

mikang
01-26-2004, 04:09 AM
It was a warm weekend here, but the weatherman said it is going to snow on Monday. We're only supposed to get a dusting. I sure would like to see some snow, you all can send us some down here in Arkansas! lol!

CarolinaBlue
01-26-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Tina
It was 68 degrees here today. Beautiful sunny afternoon. Just too muddy from all of the rain last night.

I'm so thankful I live in the south and don't have to deal with that kind of weather.

LOL! I am in the south and we are 19 degrees with 2" of sleet on the ground with freezing rain due to hit us today! Yep, the good ol' sunny south is where I am! :D

I have to laugh or I might cry.

jonette5
01-26-2004, 07:07 AM
Yep 1 and 1/2 inches of ice here in Washington, MO. They are calling for 2+ inches of snow tonight.

You were saying you were afraid of slipping on the ice...well here is an old trick to help. Put a pair of old tube socks (or any socks) over your shoes or boots. They will help keep you from slipping. They kind of stick to things when you walk and keep you from slipping. I thought my mom was crazy when she told me this, but I tried it and it works!

dw172
01-26-2004, 07:20 AM
I live just west of Raleigh, NC and it is not nice with more freezing rain coming this afternoon and tonight. My truck sits there like a frozen turd! My Yorkie, Peepers(10 months old) Loves it. Nothing is moving on our street. Have seen no trucks spreading salt or sand. At least so far we still have power. Everybody stay warm!!:( ;) :rolleyes:

dw172
01-27-2004, 06:09 AM
Good Lord it looks worse than yesterday. Our street & driveway are a sheet of ice. We live in a subdivision and it may be days before we see sand or salt on our streets. Our work is opening at 10am, but the roads are not plowed to get there. Another day of cabin fever! Thank goodness for the internet!!!:D

CarolinaBlue
01-27-2004, 06:47 AM
Yep, it's worse here today too because now there is ice on top of ice. :(
They say the interstates are clear, well that's great but the secondary roads look like an ice skating rink. Cars are going by my house about 10mph with their emergency blinkers on. You can't even walk down my driveway without falling. :(

Welcome to the sunny south!