PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound ok?

Kyla Kym
01-25-2004, 12:08 PM
Hello,
I just recently took out a subscription to the Arkansas-Democrat Gazette, and have been looking forward to getting it every week. But just about every week since I took out the subscription something has gone wrong. I've called in on each incident and been taken care of.

But today they told me when I asked if there was suppose to be coupons in the paper, they said yes. But when I told them where I lived at, they said " Oh well you might get them sometimes then again you might not because we aren't going to be delivering coupons to your area anymore..but then again you will get them sometimes maybe.

In my honest opinion this isn't fair. I want the coupons. I really enjoy getting them and it's a big incentive for me to subscribe. I have been encouraging my friends and family to subscribe as well, but if this is the way I'm going to be treated from now on, I would be embarrassed the first time my friends told me they were treated this way as well.

I hope you will reconsider sending coupons to our area in the paper we paid for here. I think it's only fair that we should get our moneys worth like everyone else in Arkansas does.

Thank you,
D***** D*****

Does that sound ok? Also does anyone have any advice on what I should do other than write to the paper?

belleofpa
01-25-2004, 12:15 PM
That sounds fine to me, and I would keep calling and complaining about it. Why cant you get coupons in you newspaper just like everyone else? I thought they were all "stuffed" no matter where you lived, what gives?

karefree
01-25-2004, 12:34 PM
If you buy the paper at your area stores are the coupons inside? If so, I would cancel the subscriptions. Especially if that is the reason you are getting the paper. Your letter sounds fine.

Kyla Kym
01-25-2004, 12:44 PM
Well you see I subscribed to the Sunday paper, so what that entitles me to is a weekly online subscription online for free. So that is why I want to keep my subscription. Because if I canceled it I would have to pay online subscription fee's then for the weekly online editions. Does that make since? :-)

karefree
01-25-2004, 12:48 PM
Yes, it makes perfect sense to me. I guess you will just need to decide which you prefer, the free weekly online subscription or getting the coupons. You may be getting the coupons anyway. The person you talked to may not have known what they were talking about. Good luck.

schsa
01-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Address it to the Editor and then find out if this paper is part of a bigger organization (such as Knight-Ridder) and send a copy to the head office. You might want to add the fact that you are aware the the newspaper business is in danger of going out of business because more people prefer to get their news on line and that this sort of service only adds to their decline.

Newspapers need every sunscription that they can get. Their failure to provide you with service is the reason why so many are failing. Someone will be sure that you get the ads and then someone will get chewed for not making management aware that this was a problem and is affecting subscriptions.

karefree
01-25-2004, 01:07 PM
Schsa has a very good observation and I think her ideas would make an excellent addition to your original letter. Good luck. I hope it works out for you.

ImaGApeach
01-25-2004, 01:37 PM
sounds great to me

Kyla Kym
01-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Thanks everyone, schsa I'll check in and see if I can find who is over them. Thanks for the idea. :)

MamaFairal
01-25-2004, 09:19 PM
???? online subscription fee ????

Is this to log onto their website and read the daily edition??

You can type in any newspapers name and read them online with out paying.
I do this daily..i log onto www.Theunionleader.com everyday to read my old NH paper.......why pay?????

Kyla Kym
01-25-2004, 10:00 PM
How do you do it MamaFairal?
Here is my paper that I go to http://ardemgaz.com

twinkiesmom
01-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Where I live, I subscribed online to have my news delivered to my email. It's only the headlines, but that's all I'm interested in anyway. (no fee for this) Looks like they got it for u too. Here's the sign up link.
http://www.ardemgaz.com/MemberServices/Subscribe/Email.asp

I buy my Sunday paper for the coupons specifically, and there seems to be 1 w/e outta the month that there are no cpns in at all.

jdglmg
01-26-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by twinkiesmom
I buy my Sunday paper for the coupons specifically, and there seems to be 1 w/e outta the month that there are no cpns in at all.
I know that most holiday weekends (or is it the weekend after, hmmm?) there aren't coupons in the paper most places.

redrig
01-26-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by jdglmg
I know that most holiday weekends (or is it the weekend after, hmmm?) there aren't coupons in the paper most places.

You're right, it's either the weekend of or the weekend before a holiday that there's no coupons, which leaves me with only the comics and the sports section to occupy me!

AngelGrim
01-26-2004, 04:44 PM
I would want the coupons too if I paid for the paper that if you picked up other wise would have, I think the letter seems well written, good luck and hope you get your coupons.