PDA

View Full Version : It was 50 freakin pounds!!!

sdmay3
01-25-2004, 10:13 AM
The other day I bought 2 50lb bags of salt in anticipation of a winter storm that we are expecting today. Well there was already some snow on the sidewalks and after shoveling my husband used the remains of the 25lb of salt we already had as well as a whole 50lb bag and started on the second 50lb bag. I was thinking that the 2 50lb bags would be enough to get us through the rest of the season. It isn't like we are salting the entire block. He does this crap everytime we get snow and it irritates the mess out of me. Just had to vent about this because I can't get through to him.

bpl76
01-25-2004, 11:02 AM
:eek: Oh, my goodness!!!!!! Typical male(sorry guys). If a little will work a lot HAS to be better.:rolleyes:

sahmsfreeb
01-25-2004, 04:28 PM
holy smokes!:eek:

i think he has a high sodium problem!

i know a lil works wonders and more is better but holy smokes!

i think hes doing that so that you make him stop and you are stuck doing the sidewalks....

kinda like the man who breaks the dishes washing them....

belleofpa
01-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Tommorrow night for dinner SALT the H@ll out of his! Ask him how he likes it...maybe he'll get the hint.

twinkiesmom
01-25-2004, 07:05 PM
wow, no kidding. What a waste. Typical of a dude, tho.

cpbaby
01-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by belleofpa
Tommorrow night for dinner SALT the H@ll out of his! Ask him how he likes it...maybe he'll get the hint.

<snort> Tell him you used the OTHER 50 lb bag since he seemed so he!! bent on using it up. :rolleyes:

iluvmybaby
01-25-2004, 08:42 PM
I wanted to share a story, when my husband and I frist got married I was working 60 hour weeks commuting a total of two hours to and from work ((one hour each way)) My husband is one of the sweetest people on earth and he did everything possible to help me out, sometimes things werent how I liked it, but I was so thankful when I didnt have to cook, when the trash was taken out, when the dishes were done, when my clothes were clean. He liked doing things for me and I never said anything if it wasnt exactily right, it is wonderful that your hubby shovels snow and spreads salt, maybe that is his way of helping you out, so what if he uses 25 lbs of salt, just buy smallers bags more often so that there isnt so much around to waste, just be happy that he is willing to get out in the cold when most men would be trying to sleep in or parking themselves in front of the TV leaving YOU to do the work

JENNIFERCATLADY
01-25-2004, 09:49 PM
I am really trying hard not to laugh!!!! Ok...ok...I will 'fess up. One year before my Mom died she told me to go and order pellets for the stove (the pellet stove was a back up heat source) well, I had a blond moment and couldn't remember how much to get. So I ordered 5 tons. When I came home and told Mom she went BALLISTIC!!! She only wanted 2 tons. Oops!!!

sahmsfreeb
01-26-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by iluvmybaby
I wanted to share a story, when my husband and I frist got married I was working 60 hour weeks commuting a total of two hours to and from work ((one hour each way)) My husband is one of the sweetest people on earth and he did everything possible to help me out, sometimes things werent how I liked it, but I was so thankful when I didnt have to cook, when the trash was taken out, when the dishes were done, when my clothes were clean. He liked doing things for me and I never said anything if it wasnt exactily right, it is wonderful that your hubby shovels snow and spreads salt, maybe that is his way of helping you out, so what if he uses 25 lbs of salt, just buy smallers bags more often so that there isnt so much around to waste, just be happy that he is willing to get out in the cold when most men would be trying to sleep in or parking themselves in front of the TV leaving YOU to do the work

ya know you are so right...... i hadnt thought of that... my dh does the dishes for me in the dishwasher.. well everytime he loads it it is loaded wrong and eithe nothing gets clean or cups fill with water.. dont ask how... now i could tell him to stop for heavens sake but then again he would think that i was being ungrateful..
men are very strange creatures...

sdmay3
01-26-2004, 09:30 AM
when you looked outside you could not see the roads or anyone elses sidewalks. But our sidewalks stayed clear. He had very little shoveling to do this morning. He bragged that he was thinking ahead by using so much salt...lol.

Your right though I do appreciate the fact that he helps out at all.

BlueBerriTerri
01-26-2004, 11:56 AM
LOL, look on the bright side. In the spring, your yard will be known as "the land of no return" to the snails and slugs.